HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Kiesling, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 01:46 PM
Germantown, Maryland
Joined Apr 2004
4,501 Posts
Actually, the process to register for the team select program is even easier than what Ryan is telling you. You need only call Colleen at the AMA and give her a credit card number for the $20.00 Fee. You may also register on the day of the contest (although the contest director would have to cooperate and know how to submit your information). See the following link:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...5#post18086163

This certainly is not meant to be an exclusive or difficult to understand process. I have personally posted links similar to the one above at least four times and I've seen others similarly posting that information. I think you owe Ryan a bit of understanding and patience. He is not being paid for the work he is putting into web site maintenance and he is not necessarily getting full cooperation from people who he needs to get crucial information from. Why not just chill out a bit and give this new process a chance to mature into a more user friendly format?

Edit: this post in response to Soar Steve. I see Tom Kiesling has responded to Jun as I was typing this.
Phil Barnes is online now Find More Posts by Phil Barnes
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 26, 2011, 01:54 PM
Steve Meyer
Mt Pleasant, WI
Joined Jun 2005
1,176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdwoebke View Post
Here is the location of the team program form:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1255

Ryan
Perfect!

In the mail.
SOAR-Steve is offline Find More Posts by SOAR-Steve
Old Aug 26, 2011, 01:55 PM
Where is the lift?
USA, AZ, Phoenix
Joined Nov 2005
6,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiesling View Post
Dude, first of all the $20 is not for the league, it is for the US F3K team selection program. Second of all, did you check with Ryan privately or Colleen or whoever you gave the money to register with the program to make sure you are signed up? Ryan has already said if you don't see your name on the qualified list and you think you should be to let him know. He also said it may take some time for things to get sorted.

Maybe you could check with Ryan and see if he needs any help with tracking this stuff down? Dude?

Tom
LOL! OMG I am glad I was sitting down when I read this! You'll never know why TK, you just had to be there... I was laughing so hard it hurt! Jun, I love you Man! err I mean Dude!
Ryan, you're ok too.

Charlie (who has not had any beer...yet...)
cptsnoopy is online now Find More Posts by cptsnoopy
Old Aug 26, 2011, 02:05 PM
Turn down for what?
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Feb 2004
14,405 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOAR-Steve View Post
Typo. That should read.

Should I be able to register at a sanctioned F3K event?

Should CD have the forms?

If not why would you not want it available?
Yeah. The CD can print those forms I linked to earlier, have folks fill them out, then have folks pay the CD the 20 and then when you send your contest report form to the AMA include this stuff.
rdwoebke is online now Find More Posts by rdwoebke
Old Aug 26, 2011, 02:11 PM
San Diego
Joined Aug 2004
2,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOAR-Steve View Post
Typo. That should read.

Should I be able to register at a sanctioned F3K event?

Should CD have the forms?

If not why would you not want it available?
Steve,

Yes you can register for the team selection program at a sanctioned F3K event.

Sarcasm on:
Since your volunteering, it would be really great if you could send 10 copies of the forms in this link http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1255 to all the CD's of qualifier contests. Thanks buddy, it will really help with the uninitiated.
Sarcasm off

Seriously guys, if you see something you think would help make things easier/better, don't just be critical of the volunteers for not doing something you think would be a good idea but makes more work for them. Step up and volunteer to do the work and make it happen. If you don't, any complaints or criticism will fall on deaf ears.

Ryan has already gone beyond the call with all that he has been doing to support the program. He doesn't need any more work or people complaining. What he needs is time and a little patience from the participants and maybe a little help with the web site.

I have four other programs that I have to deal with and my time is limited. None of us get paid to do any of this, so please keep that in mind.

Tom
Kiesling is online now Find More Posts by Kiesling
Old Aug 26, 2011, 02:13 PM
Steve Meyer
Mt Pleasant, WI
Joined Jun 2005
1,176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Barnes View Post
Actually, the process to register for the team select program is even easier than what Ryan is telling you. You need only call Colleen at the AMA and give her a credit card number for the $20.00 Fee. You may also register on the day of the contest (although the contest director would have to cooperate and know how to submit your information). See the following link:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...5#post18086163

...I have personally posted links similar to the one above at least four times and I've seen others similarly posting that information.
I guess not the threads I was reading.

The link now shows up 5 times in this thread across 94 pages! In April I was probably very busy with work and was not reading every post that showed up in this thread.

Perhaps posting it to the first post in this thread would be a good idea, instead of buried in the middle?

This was not directly targeted at Ryan but more to this thread that is bloated with trivial information but is acting as the reference to the F3K Team Select process.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 02:14 PM
Launch high. Fly low.
United States, CA, Lake Elsinore
Joined Aug 2003
4,112 Posts
Yeah, I had to laugh, too.
I'm getting too old for this internet and dlg stuff. I think I'm gonna retire. LOL!

Ryan, Thanks for all your effort.

Soar!
Jun

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptsnoopy View Post
LOL! OMG I am glad I was sitting down when I read this! You'll never know why TK, you just had to be there... I was laughing so hard it hurt! Jun, I love you Man! err I mean Dude!
Ryan, you're ok too.

Charlie (who has not had any beer...yet...)
jcats is offline Find More Posts by jcats
Old Aug 26, 2011, 02:39 PM
Germantown, Maryland
Joined Apr 2004
4,501 Posts
I feel your pain, Steve. My own club's contest (CASA) never got registered for the team select program because I was busy doing things that didn't involve a lot of time on the computer for a few months, and hence I was completely behind on all of this knowledge and didn't have the motivation and/or time to research the forums to figure it all out. Like I said, if we hang in there, it will all get sorted out into a much more comprehensible system. I'm gonna try to be nice to the volunteers that are setting it all up in the mean time.
Phil Barnes is online now Find More Posts by Phil Barnes
Old Aug 26, 2011, 02:46 PM
Steve Meyer
Mt Pleasant, WI
Joined Jun 2005
1,176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiesling View Post
Steve,

Sarcasm on:
Since your volunteering, it would be really great if you could send 10 copies of the forms in this link http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1255 to all the CD's of qualifier contests. Thanks buddy, it will really help with the uninitiated.
Sarcasm off

Tom
I like it.

I am printing off some forms now to bring to the SOAR F3K "Team Qualifier" contest this weekend.

Now back to completing a DLG to fly this weekend...
Old Aug 26, 2011, 02:53 PM
San Diego
Joined Aug 2004
2,081 Posts
Thanks Steve! That is the kind of initiative that makes a program like this work!

Tom
Kiesling is online now Find More Posts by Kiesling
Old Aug 26, 2011, 04:30 PM
usaf3kteam
Joined Sep 2005
5,626 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcats View Post
Yeah, I had to laugh, too.
I'm getting too old for this internet and dlg stuff. I think I'm gonna retire. LOL!

Ryan, Thanks for all your effort.

Soar!
Jun
Im with Jun had enough.
rcgeorge is offline Find More Posts by rcgeorge
Old Sep 08, 2011, 10:48 AM
Turn down for what?
Joined Feb 2004
14,405 Posts
While processing the F3K qualification scores I noticed a person who is inelligable for the 2013 US F3K team yet this guy has paid the 2013 team program fee. That inspired me to also be generous.

I just joined the team program. It was easy. I called 1800IFLYAMA , went through the menue to get to competions, got the voice mail, left a voice mail, Colleen called me back about 2 hours later and now I am the proud owner of a 2013 F3K team program.

Since I probably won't even be flying any qualifier contests, much less fly well enough in any of them to qualify, this is clearly a donation. So there you have it, 2013 F3K team, now you can't say I have never given you anything.

Ryan
Old Sep 08, 2011, 09:26 PM
Steve Meyer
Mt Pleasant, WI
Joined Jun 2005
1,176 Posts
Nice. Thank You Ryan.

I have some forms with me at The Bruce in case there are any others that want to sign up (or donate).
Old Sep 08, 2011, 10:30 PM
Where is the lift?
USA, AZ, Phoenix
Joined Nov 2005
6,322 Posts
Very cool of you Ryan!

Charlie
cptsnoopy is online now Find More Posts by cptsnoopy
Old Oct 05, 2011, 01:22 PM
Turn down for what?
Joined Feb 2004
14,405 Posts
We have updated the qualified list through Blue Skies Utah. There are currently 21 pilots who are fully qualified for the TS and have paid the program fee.

If your name isn't on the spreadsheet or if you see any errors send me a PM and I'll investigate.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...hl=en_US#gid=0

Ryan