SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Kiesling, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 06:03 PM
San Diego
Joined Aug 2004
2,241 Posts
For new programs, the team selection has to have 25 participants to be eligible for funding. So technically since there were 4 or 5 juniors, the seniors had just enough to qualify for funding. I guess that is why they weren't impressed.

Tom
Kiesling is offline Find More Posts by Kiesling
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 17, 2011, 07:36 PM
Where is the lift?
USA, AZ, Phoenix
Joined Nov 2005
6,413 Posts
And Bravo to the jr team for a job well done!

Charlie
cptsnoopy is online now Find More Posts by cptsnoopy
Old Aug 17, 2011, 07:53 PM
Steve Meyer
Mt Pleasant, WI
Joined Jun 2005
1,185 Posts
That's all too much reading. Can I get the Executive Summary posted some where on how the TS process works? I hate digging through all these posts. I missed getting in the pool because I do not keep up on my RCGROUPS reading.
SOAR-Steve is offline Find More Posts by SOAR-Steve
Old Aug 17, 2011, 08:38 PM
Joined Jun 2009
874 Posts
If the same guys that fly well, go to all the contests, you will always only have a handfull that make the TS. Arizona can have 12 contests a year that can have enough people to qualify the top 2. (we have 24 local DLGers ) There will still only be 3-5 guys that will qualify and not all can afford to go. When you have the quality of pilots here in our area they will be the cream that rises. Always.
Storm51 is offline Find More Posts by Storm51
Old Aug 17, 2011, 08:39 PM
I'm all about that bass
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Feb 2004
15,077 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOAR-Steve View Post
Can I get the Executive Summary posted some where on how the TS process works? .
Call 1800IFLYAMA, tell them you want to register for the F3K team program, give them your credit card. While you are at it, renew your AMA for 2012. You probably have to do that anyway unless you renew for more than one year at a time.

Just go to the contests you always go to and fly well like you often do. I think you even have one coming up in a little over a week.

Simple.

Ryan
rdwoebke is offline Find More Posts by rdwoebke
Old Aug 17, 2011, 08:43 PM
I'm all about that bass
Joined Feb 2004
15,077 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiesling View Post
For new programs, the team selection has to have 25 participants to be eligible for funding. So technically since there were 4 or 5 juniors, the seniors had just enough to qualify for funding. I guess that is why they weren't impressed.
Well there you go, F5J. When/if you become a world championship class you need to have 35-40 pilots at the team selection. You just heard it right here. I don't want to hear you guys whining in 3-5 years.

Ryan
Old Aug 17, 2011, 10:15 PM
usaf3kteam
Joined Sep 2005
5,676 Posts
Tom that is fine to hold all the events I like to go as many as I can as you know. How about Colorado for this year for TS or when will you be taking bids?
rcgeorge is offline Find More Posts by rcgeorge
Old Aug 17, 2011, 10:41 PM
San Diego
Joined Aug 2004
2,241 Posts
George,

We will be putting out a request for bids likely in the fall. So any clubs thinking about hosting the TS start getting your plans together. Allowable dates will likely be from July 1st through the end of October.

Tom
Kiesling is offline Find More Posts by Kiesling
Old Aug 18, 2011, 07:24 AM
Chuck 'Em and Chase 'Em
United States, NY, Plainview
Joined Aug 2005
8,116 Posts
How's about this for qualifIers

Why do we not set this in stone like this:

1. the year prior to a world F3K competition starting June 1 through May 31st of the year following a F3K competition is the elegible duration for issuing qualifyer points. (June 1st would begin the next round, etc.)
2. June 1st through October 31st would be the duration to host the Team Selections

3. Any AMA sanctioned contest that is flown under F3K rules will be elegible to issue qualifier points for the time period it falls in. No need to post to register. the act of sanctioning and having it follow F3K is enough.

4. The contest must turn in score within 1 month or some duration after the contest is completed and/or prior to the team selection contest is held, whichever comes first.

The nice thing about this is it absolutely defines a 2 year window.

Everyone knows what months the team selection will be held.

It makes it easy for CDs to offer pilots the chance for qualifier points and meets the desire to promote F3K rules at all US contests.

Also, by only requiring sanctioning and following F3K rules, even the scores from the team selection can be used towards gaining qualifier points for the next team qualifiers automatically causing the top guys to get qualifier points.

Mike gets the extended duration.

I get a even calendar so all dates get the same amount of chance to offer qualified pilots.

Tom get F3k promoted and no longer the need to be asked what to do, how do Ir egister and what not.

And the captain gets another man for your crew. You can call me Zatana or driftwood (Count of Monte Cristo)

all joking aside, I think it fits the desire of all and puts to rest when the caledar is and how to make a contest be able to offer qualifier points.

what do you think? this can begin june 1, 2012....

Frank
Fly2High is offline Find More Posts by Fly2High
Old Aug 18, 2011, 07:42 AM
I'm all about that bass
Joined Feb 2004
15,077 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly2High View Post
How's about this for qualifIers
I don't see how this is different than what Tom has setup already.

Quote:
what do you think? this can begin june 1, 2012....
?

The next F3K worlds will be sometime between late June and September 2013. So if your qual process runs June1 2012 through May 31 2013 would your idea be to have the team selection a few weeks before the 2013 world champs? You realize there is a need to have a decently long period of planning and fund raising?

Ryan
Old Aug 18, 2011, 08:24 AM
Chuck 'Em and Chase 'Em
Joined Aug 2005
8,116 Posts
It differs because right now we needed to alert one month prior. Remove that need. Sanction and Follow F3K is enough. no need to notify anyone or anything further. Part of the reason I state this is I am sure some contests nmay not have notified 1 month prior. If you look at the CASA contest for Aug 20-21 for example, they are saying they are not going to be able to issue qualifier points and I think they should. It is a good contest and lots of good talent there. this is just one example. I am sure there are others that it has slipped their mind to request it be included.

As for the qualifier duration, my thought is the next would run Jun 1, 2012 through May 31, 2014 (June 1st of the year before the World contest and May 31 of year after the world contest)
Last edited by Fly2High; Aug 18, 2011 at 10:02 AM.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 08:51 AM
I'm all about that bass
Joined Feb 2004
15,077 Posts
Quote:
It differs because right now we needed to alert one month prior. Remove that need. Sanction and Follow F3K is enough. no need to notify anyone or anything further.
Without some level of notificaiton we don't have a calander of upcoming F3K events for people to use for planning.

Quote:
Part of the reason I state this is I am sure some contests nmay not have notified 1 month prior. If you look at the CASA contest for Aug 20-21, they are saying they are not going to be able to issue qualifier points and I think they should. It is a good contest and lots of good talent there. this is just one example.
Anybody can make the notification. And if I see an announcement of a contest I put it on the calander. You could have sent me a link or posted in this thread a link to the CASA website where the website provides the details that it will be AMA sanctioned and follow f3k rules.

Ryan
Old Aug 18, 2011, 08:58 AM
Chuck 'Em and Chase 'Em
Joined Aug 2005
8,116 Posts
the info page at ESL since last year said that they will be flying F3K tasks. I am pretty sure that they were listed as a qualifier contest for the last one as well.

I can see the calendar as a help but it shouldn't be necessary. It is nice to have and could add participation but there are other ways for a contest to publicize themselves. IMHO....
Last edited by Fly2High; Aug 18, 2011 at 09:37 AM. Reason: removed request to add a late requested contest to be a qualifier - sorry that was poor taste.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 09:01 AM
Chuck 'Em and Chase 'Em
Joined Aug 2005
8,116 Posts
I would like Delaware's contest hosted by SKSS to be added as a team qualifier contest while I am at it, in case they have done so already (Newark, Delaware Sept 17 -18 - ESL info - http://www.flyesl.com/contest_regist...ail.asp?cid=19. Not sure if they have another page. they listed it as 'HLG contest with FAI F3K tasks'. I know last year we followed F3K rules.)
Old Aug 18, 2011, 09:19 AM
I'm all about that bass
Joined Feb 2004
15,077 Posts
Quote:
I would like Delaware's contest hosted by SKSS to be added as a team qualifier contest
Done.