HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Kiesling, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 05, 2011, 06:57 PM
I'm all about that bass
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Feb 2004
15,051 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryO View Post
I'm unclear about what qualifying process applied to juniors and what will apply for this cycle.
Gary,

Last cycle juniors simply needed to pay the team program fee and fly in at least 2 1 day qual contests or at least one 2 day.

Im sure tom will chime in what/if there are changes for this time.

Ryan
rdwoebke is online now Find More Posts by rdwoebke
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 06, 2011, 01:22 PM
San Diego
Joined Aug 2004
2,232 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdwoebke View Post
Gary,

Last cycle juniors simply needed to pay the team program fee and fly in at least 2 1 day qual contests or at least one 2 day.

Im sure tom will chime in what/if there are changes for this time.

Ryan
Nope, no changes.

Tom
Kiesling is online now Find More Posts by Kiesling
Old Aug 16, 2011, 03:34 PM
usaf3kteam
Joined Sep 2005
5,669 Posts
When will this be updated for this season?
rcgeorge is online now Find More Posts by rcgeorge
Old Aug 16, 2011, 03:42 PM
I'm all about that bass
Joined Feb 2004
15,051 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcgeorge View Post
When will this be updated for this season?
When will the website be updated? I unfortunatly had a PC failure and a small piece of info that I need in order to update the f3k.us website I need to get from Mike S. I just need to get with him for that, but as you guys know he works a bunch.

The list of who has qualified is regularlly updated. You can see the list in this Google Doc:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...hl=en_US#gid=0

If your name isn't on this list, just send me an offline email. It might be that the AMA doesn't yet have your team program fee from the event CD or it could be an oversight. I'll find out what the deal is and get it fixed either way.

Ryan
Old Aug 16, 2011, 03:49 PM
usaf3kteam
Joined Sep 2005
5,669 Posts
Thanks Ryan
rcgeorge is online now Find More Posts by rcgeorge
Old Aug 16, 2011, 05:11 PM
Mike M.
United States, UT, Eden
Joined Jan 2010
5,064 Posts
Quote:
...The list of who has qualified is regularlly updated. You can see the list in this Google Doc:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...hl=en_US#gid=0
It hasn't been updated with the very latest contest results yet (for example: BSOC, Seattle, Long Island, ect.).
like.2.fly is online now Find More Posts by like.2.fly
Old Aug 16, 2011, 05:52 PM
I'm all about that bass
Joined Feb 2004
15,051 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by like.2.fly View Post
It hasn't been updated with the very latest contest results yet (for example: BSOC, Seattle, Long Island, ect.).
I put Long Island in. BSOC and Seattle we need to get added in.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 05:58 PM
Mike M.
United States, UT, Eden
Joined Jan 2010
5,064 Posts
Quote:
I put Long Island in. BSOC and Seattle we need to get added in.
BSOC scores are in. Just need to be added to the pilot totals.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 06:10 PM
I'm all about that bass
Joined Feb 2004
15,051 Posts
Quote:
BSOC scores are in. Just need to be added to the pilot totals.
It is now. I need to get confirmation on Matt Nelson's program status. Working on getting the Tom Evans data.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 11:07 PM
or F, J, K, or even TD
Joined Jun 2007
2,913 Posts
Hey, just a question here, but why isn't the IHLGF '11 contest included or did I miss something?

Mike
FLY F3B is offline Find More Posts by FLY F3B
Old Aug 17, 2011, 12:21 AM
Mike M.
United States, UT, Eden
Joined Jan 2010
5,064 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLY F3B View Post
Hey, just a question here, but why isn't the IHLGF '11 contest included or did I miss something?
The current Team Select cycle runs from June 2011 to June 2012. This year's IHLGF was held a month before the official cycle started. There were a few other big 2-day contests early in the year that didn't get counted either. Not sure how or why they decided on the June to June calendar... See Tom Kiesling's post HERE.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 12:28 AM
or F, J, K, or even TD
Joined Jun 2007
2,913 Posts
Ah, gotcha, but I guess I was out to lunch when all of this discussin was going on, cuz to me it would make sense to open the Qualifiers as soon after the TS so more qualifying contests can be included. Seems a shame to not include both the JEM and the IHLGF amongst the qualifiers. Also, what if the TS is held in July? We skip all the contests until June of next year? Really? Counter intuitive to being as inclusive as possible to all of the bigger contests...Oh, yeah, I am interested since by either of those I would be qualified by now.

I know, quitcherbitchin and get out to more contests...Got it. Will do.

Just sayin'

Mike
FLY F3B is offline Find More Posts by FLY F3B
Old Aug 17, 2011, 01:10 AM
Mike M.
United States, UT, Eden
Joined Jan 2010
5,064 Posts
Quote:
...to me it would make sense to open the Qualifiers as soon after the TS so more qualifying contests can be included. Seems a shame to not include both the JEM and the IHLGF amongst the qualifiers. Also, what if the TS is held in July? We skip all the contests until June of next year? Really? Counter intuitive to being as inclusive as possible to all of the bigger contests...
I agree 100%. EVERY qualifying contest between the last TS and the next one should count for something and be included. Out west here I know the following events were completely overlooked for the next TS: Blue Skies Over Arizona 2010, Utah Red Rock 2011, JEM 2011, and IHLGF 2011. I'm sure there were some back east and other areas as well. Doesn't make much sense. If the TS contests are 2 years apart then I think that should be the qualifying window, not just a selected 12 month portion of it.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 05:53 AM
San Diego
Joined Aug 2004
2,232 Posts
Quote:
Ah, gotcha, but I guess I was out to lunch when all of this discussin was going on, cuz to me it would make sense to open the Qualifiers as soon after the TS so more qualifying contests can be included. Seems a shame to not include both the JEM and the IHLGF amongst the qualifiers. Also, what if the TS is held in July? We skip all the contests until June of next year? Really? Counter intuitive to being as inclusive as possible to all of the bigger contests...Oh, yeah, I am interested since by either of those I would be qualified by now.

I know, quitcherbitchin and get out to more contests...Got it. Will do.

Just sayin'

Mike

???? The 2012 IHLGF and JEM will count as qualifier events (assuming they are held in or before June). I don't see what the problem is. There is a full years worth of contests to get qualified.

Regarding the next cycle, why would you assume that the qualification period will be the same duration? If someone feels strongly about changing the period for the qualifying events - especially if they are on the team selection committee, they should make a suggestion/reminder to the team selection committee chairman to do something about it

Tom
Kiesling is online now Find More Posts by Kiesling
Old Aug 17, 2011, 07:36 AM
I'm all about that bass
Joined Feb 2004
15,051 Posts
Quote:
I EVERY qualifying contest between the last TS and the next one should count for something and be included.
To a large degree it doesn't really matter. Last cycle the qualification period was less than this cycle (it was only 8 months) and the same people kept qualifying over and over. In the last couple of months almost no new people qualified.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiesling View Post
If someone feels strongly about changing the period for the qualifying events
One reason to consider it would be for the scenerio like what happened to Paul. He probably would have qualified for next summer's TS at the JEM (don't have those scores handy, just guessing). He got injured just before the June start to the current qual process. Who knows when he will be healed up but I bet he is before next year's TS but maybe not until shortly before the TS kind of deal.

Ryan