HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Kiesling, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 01, 2011, 11:34 AM
BenRoberto
Joined Aug 2004
222 Posts
***UPDATE *** SOAR F3K Qualifier Aug 27 and 28 2011, Plainfield, IL
The date has changed.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...4#post18389053
Ben Roberto is offline Find More Posts by Ben Roberto
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 04, 2011, 01:38 PM
United States, SC, Mt Pleasant
Joined Nov 2003
1,148 Posts
Ryan,

So it was mentioned that things have to be announced here. We announced all of our contests in the F3K Tour website, do they need to be listed here too? If so I think we ought to think about combining the efforts.

That said, all SASS 1 and 2 day contests for the year are now sanctioned events and are being announced as team selection contests starting with our even next weekend. Details here: <http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1375421&highlight=northwest>
hohensej is online now Find More Posts by hohensej
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Aerial Information
Old Jun 04, 2011, 05:53 PM
Turn down for what?
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Feb 2004
14,396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hohensej View Post
So it was mentioned that things have to be announced here. We announced all of our contests in the F3K Tour website, do they need to be listed here too? If so I think we ought to think about combining the efforts.
The rules for the tour and the team select process are a little different. so there are 2 separate calanders listing the events. If you email usaf3k at gmail that is the team selection email. Usaf3ktour at gmail is the tour. Email both at the same time and I'll add contests that meet both requirements to both.

Quote:
That said, all SASS 1 and 2 day contests for the year are now sanctioned events and are being announced as team selection contests starting with our even next weekend. Details here: <http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1375421&highlight=northwest>
All of the SASS 2011 events are on the team selection calendar and have been for a little while now. If you can confirm the other PNW contests are AMA sanctioned and will follow f3k rules I'll add those to the team select calendar too.

First team select qual contests are this weekend. I'll be checking with the AMA and the CDs probably Tuesday and will update the qualification google docs. I'm still having a bit of trouble getting the team select website updated.

Ryan
rdwoebke is online now Find More Posts by rdwoebke
Old Jun 06, 2011, 12:17 AM
RussMc
Olympia WA
Joined Nov 2004
73 Posts
Add the Olympia WA Contests June 25th & July 16th

Hi Ryan,
We have two AMA sanctioned contests coming up at Olympia that I would like to add to the team qualifiers. They are June 25th and July 16th. I sent the details to the usaf3k email.

More info is being added to our website
http://pugetsoundsilentflyers.org/PSSF/Welcome.html
fishinrflyin is offline Find More Posts by fishinrflyin
Old Aug 03, 2011, 01:39 PM
Joined Aug 2011
1 Posts
STRATAIR X-ray Micro
anderson6481 is offline Find More Posts by anderson6481
Old Aug 05, 2011, 09:40 AM
Turn down for what?
Joined Feb 2004
14,396 Posts
All,

We have updated the list team selection qualified pilot list. You can see the list here:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spre...03UWc&hl=en_US

You can see the results of individual contests here:

https://spreadsheets0.google.com/spr...hl=en_US#gid=0

Please note, CDs are allowed to collect team program fees and it is possible that people have paid the team program fee and are not yet on this list. Rest assured, I get a regular feed from the AMA on this and I will correct the listing when CDs send that stuff in. Also, there could be errors or omissions on this list. If you feel you or a friend should be qualified but the name is not on the list, please send me a private message and I will track down the error. Or, feel free to post a tirade here in this tread, really either way is fine.

I would like to send a big shout out to Mike Maurer. He has been helping with the data entry.

I plan to update the f3k.us website sometime in the near future. I had a PC failure and I need a critical piece from a member of the F3K team to get that ball rolling. As you all know the F3K team has been busy winning medals and flying awesome, so I havenít really bothered him too much, but will start to work on this hopefully in the next few weeks.

Ryan
Old Aug 05, 2011, 10:22 AM
Steve Meyer
Mt Pleasant, WI
Joined Jun 2005
1,176 Posts
I looked back several pages and even browsed through the F3K team site.

"Please note, CDs are allowed to collect team program fees and it is possible that people have paid the team program fee and are not yet on this list. Rest assured, I get a regular feed from the AMA on this and I will correct the listing when CDs send that stuff in."

Where is this process explained? What is the secret to the team qualification process? I remember seeing a post about it but am unable to locate it.
SOAR-Steve is offline Find More Posts by SOAR-Steve
Last edited by SOAR-Steve; Aug 05, 2011 at 10:30 AM.
Old Aug 05, 2011, 10:31 AM
Turn down for what?
Joined Feb 2004
14,396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOAR-Steve View Post
What is the secret to the team qualification process?
1) Join the team program via contacting the AMA and paying the $20 fee or paying the CD before the contest and asking the CD to send the team program fee to the AMA with the contest results

2) Entering a 2 day or two 1 day contests that is on the team selection calander and meeting the criteria on f3k.us.

Ryan
Old Aug 05, 2011, 10:32 AM
Turn down for what?
Joined Feb 2004
14,396 Posts
Quote:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1255

I have to appologize about the f3k team site not being updated to include this info. I have had a problem getting the website itself updated. I hope to have that resolved in a few weeks.

Ryan
Old Aug 05, 2011, 10:34 AM
Steve Meyer
Mt Pleasant, WI
Joined Jun 2005
1,176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdwoebke View Post
1) Join the team program via contacting the AMA and paying the $20 fee or paying the CD before the contest and asking the CD to send the team program fee to the AMA with the contest results

2) Entering a 2 day or two 1 day contests that is on the team selection calander and meeting the criteria on f3k.us.

Ryan
Please explain number 1. (Names, phone numbers, or web site.) This was never offered or explained at the AMA NATs.
Old Aug 05, 2011, 10:38 AM
Turn down for what?
Joined Feb 2004
14,396 Posts
Quote:
Please explain number 1. (Names, phone numbers, or web site.) This was never offered or explained at the AMA NATs.
The form is in the post that I linked to above.

CDs are encouraged to print those out and have extras for folks that want to fill out before contests.

There are also phone numbers and email addresss on the form if you want to enter the team program that way.

Ryan
Old Aug 05, 2011, 10:43 AM
Germantown, Maryland
Joined Apr 2004
4,501 Posts
Just call Colleen at AMA and give her a credit card number for the $20.00 fee. Takes less than five minutes:

(800) 435-9262 ext. 252

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...n#post18922952
Phil Barnes is offline Find More Posts by Phil Barnes
Old Aug 05, 2011, 10:50 AM
Steve Meyer
Mt Pleasant, WI
Joined Jun 2005
1,176 Posts
Okay. I see now it was posted in a different thread.
Old Aug 05, 2011, 12:46 PM
San Diego
Joined Aug 2004
2,078 Posts
Quote:

"Please note, CDs are allowed to collect team program fees and it is possible that people have paid the team program fee and are not yet on this list. Rest assured, I get a regular feed from the AMA on this and I will correct the listing when CDs send that stuff in."

Where is this process explained? What is the secret to the team qualification process? I remember seeing a post about it but am unable to locate it.
Steve, you only needed to go back one page!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1279
Kiesling is online now Find More Posts by Kiesling
Old Aug 05, 2011, 06:50 PM
Congress, AZ
Joined Sep 2001
4,755 Posts
I'm unclear about what qualifying process applied to juniors and what will apply for this cycle.

Gary
GaryO is offline Find More Posts by GaryO