SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Kiesling, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 13, 2009, 10:07 AM
Chuck 'Em and Chase 'Em
United States, NY, Plainview
Joined Aug 2005
8,093 Posts
Mike S.,

Nice job on the DLG USA site. I love what you have done with it.

I have a small problem. I was checking out the Long Island Hand Launch Classic and 'The Bruce' and noticed that i could not see the bottom where additional controls are located. I only realized there were controls to add to my calendar and see details when I went to the entry for Polecat.

What can I do to correct this? (I'm the CD and gent who sent you the overly verbose text on the contest).

I really like how Polecat is nice and succinct. I might like to change the info to follow their design, only if this is an easier fix than some other.

Let me know what I can do to make it easier for you to display the contest and I'll do it.

Thanks

Frank Nisita
Fly2High is offline Find More Posts by Fly2High
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 13, 2009, 11:56 AM
Silent Majority
Monrovia,MD,USA
Joined Mar 2000
289 Posts
Nice try Denny... I have the web site. I need the public calendar address. Like this:

CASA's Calendar:
http://www.google.com/calendar/embed...erica/New_York

And The North American RC Soaring Events:
http://www.google.com/calendar/embed...erica/New_York

Both are "publicly shared" Google Calendars and combined as one on our club's website at SoarCASA.org.

Bert
Bert is offline Find More Posts by Bert
Last edited by Bert; Feb 13, 2009 at 01:33 PM.
Old Feb 13, 2009, 11:22 PM
M Seid
Solana Beach, Ca
Joined Sep 2006
3,013 Posts
Bert-
I dont think Denny was being coy with you. Remember, a man with one leg kicks twice as hard.

The public address of the calendar is:
http://www.google.com/calendar/embed...b8c234b6f6028a

Thanks for including it.

All the contests that have been submitted have been updated. Please continue to submit your contests. The first contest on the calendar for TS spots is the Blue Skies over Arizona, in Eloy Az.
If there is snow on your sidewalk, and your floors are cold in the morning, clouds overhead, and your planes are collecting dust, and you are tired of reading about what the best servo is for your new dlg, the Blue Skies over Az is for you. Register today, and you might as well just stay on the West coast for the rest of the month.

Contest organizers: Please make sure you submit your contest results as well.
M Seid is offline Find More Posts by M Seid
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 13, 2009, 11:25 PM
M Seid
Solana Beach, Ca
Joined Sep 2006
3,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly2High
Mike S.,

Nice job on the DLG USA site. I love what you have done with it.

I have a small problem. I was checking out the Long Island Hand Launch Classic and 'The Bruce' and noticed that i could not see the bottom where additional controls are located. I only realized there were controls to add to my calendar and see details when I went to the entry for Polecat.

What can I do to correct this? (I'm the CD and gent who sent you the overly verbose text on the contest).

I really like how Polecat is nice and succinct. I might like to change the info to follow their design, only if this is an easier fix than some other.

Let me know what I can do to make it easier for you to display the contest and I'll do it.

Thanks

Frank Nisita
Thanks Frank-

See if you like it better now.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 16, 2009, 06:56 AM
Chuck 'Em and Chase 'Em
United States, NY, Plainview
Joined Aug 2005
8,093 Posts
Well, I hate to say it but this is what I get when I click on 'The Bruce' and similar results with LISF (Aug 1 + 2)

I will also include Polecat
Maybe the pop up needs a scroll bar. If it is easier, I can shorten it, no problem.

Let me know....

Frank
Fly2High is offline Find More Posts by Fly2High
Old Feb 18, 2009, 10:27 PM
Silent Majority
Monrovia,MD,USA
Joined Mar 2000
289 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by M Seid
Bert-
I dont think Denny was being coy with you. Remember, a man with one leg kicks twice as hard.

The public address of the calendar is:
http://www.google.com/calendar/embed...b8c234b6f6028a
I made a mistake. I need either the public XML or iCalendar Address

Like this XML (CASA's) http://www.google.com/calendar/feeds...m/public/basic

or iCalendar

http://www.google.com/calendar/ical/...blic/basic.ics

OR you have not made your calendar public.

I think the address you gave above is the calendar's private address.

UPDATE: Never mind I got it woring by making your address "look" like my address.

Bert
Bert is offline Find More Posts by Bert
Last edited by Bert; Feb 19, 2009 at 07:11 AM.
Old Mar 02, 2009, 08:31 PM
Chris Lee
United States, MO, St. Louis
Joined Oct 2005
323 Posts
What is the criteria for a contest to be a part of the USA F3K League? Our club (MVSA in St. Louis) holds a monthly hand launch contest that understandably does not qualify. But this year we are putting on a two-day event following most all of the F3K rules. Lots of rounds, minimum number of groups and hopefully many great pilots from the Midwest and beyond. The contest originated from a potential Midwest Hand Launch series based on the success of Blue Skies and ESL; the series never quite got off the ground so we decided to put together a 2-day standalone contest.

Is being a part of the F3K League the same as being a Team Select contest or can we get our contest listed on the F3k.us calendar? Just curious to see what needs to happen to elevate the status of a contest.

Also, has anything further been decided on how Rankings are computed? We are running our contest as a seeded MOM format, so no fly-off rounds. If I'm reading this correctly, more ranking points are potentially available to contestants if they compete in contests with fly-offs, which would discourage any deviation from the matrix order + fly-offs contest.

I know the League is still a work in progress, you guys are doing a great job. Just trying to see how we can get involved. I have sent an introductory note to the F3k.us webmaster, additional details of our contest can be seen here.

Thanks!

Chris
lineofsight is online now Find More Posts by lineofsight
Old Mar 02, 2009, 10:06 PM
Turn down for what?
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Feb 2004
14,841 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lineofsight
Our club (MVSA in St. Louis) holds a monthly hand launch contest that understandably does not qualify.
Your monthly contests probably would qualify assuming that you all stuck to F3K tasks/rules like you have been doing recently, you had at least 7 rounds, you had at least 6 pilots show, you made the f3k.us webmaster aware of the contest in advanced of the contest at least a month before, and the contest is AMA sanctioned.

Often you guys have the first 3 requirements nailed.

Now since sanctioning a contest with the AMA costs like $40 or so and club contest entry fees are typically free or nominal, sanctioning 9 contests a season would deplete a club's treasury pretty quick.

I think the ranking idea sounds fun. I'm pretty sure I'm the worst hand launch pilot in the country, but it would be nice to know for sure.
rdwoebke is online now Find More Posts by rdwoebke
Old Mar 04, 2009, 09:17 PM
San Diego
Joined Aug 2004
2,176 Posts
The AMA sanction fee is $20.

The main reason for the AMA sanction is to prevent conflicts with similar events in the immediate area. Page 6 in the following link provides guidelines for the AMA contest coordinator.
http://www.modelaircraft.org/files/e...egulations.pdf

The sanction also provides a certain level of legitimacy by formally documenting the attendees and contest results.

As it stands there is no ranking system yet. This is an open topic for discussion.

The qualification requirements for attending the US team selection are provisionally defined. My hope is that we get enough participation in the program this year to determine if the qualification requirements are appropriate. So if you are a CD planning an F3K event please enter the US F3K League!

Thanks!

Tom
Kiesling is online now Find More Posts by Kiesling
Old Mar 04, 2009, 09:22 PM
Flying IS the hobby
Upstate, NY
Joined Feb 2002
2,110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiesling
As it stands there is no ranking system yet. This is an open topic for discussion.

Thanks!

Tom
Tom,

Where?

Thanks

Jose
Jose E Bruzual is offline Find More Posts by Jose E Bruzual
Old Mar 04, 2009, 09:50 PM
San Diego
Joined Aug 2004
2,176 Posts
There is a poll on the F3K.us main page. There are also a couple of sample proposals on the ranking page.

This is probably as good a place as any to discuss a ranking system. I personally think doing a national ranking system is extremely difficult to do accurately, so I am somewhat indifferent on the subject. However, there are those that think it is a good idea so feel free to make any suggestions as to what you think a fair ranking system may be. A bit of open discussion on the topic may be fruitful, and we may be able to come to a consensus on a workable system. So please have at it - but be nice! I will likely just be an observer (maybe poke holes now and then )

Tom
Kiesling is online now Find More Posts by Kiesling
Old Mar 05, 2009, 07:51 AM
Turn down for what?
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Feb 2004
14,841 Posts
Quote:
The AMA sanction fee is $20.
You are right, I probably got the $ confused in my head because the last few times I have sanctioned an event I had to add the site owner insurance certificate and that is a little extra.

Quote:
This is probably as good a place as any to discuss a ranking system. I personally think doing a national ranking system is extremely difficult to do accurately, so I am somewhat indifferent on the subject.
I think each week there should be a poll conducted by the CDs of the top contests in the country to rank the top 25 pilots. And another poll conducted by the top posters to rcgroups. And then there should be 6 computer programs written by smart dudes. These computere programs would weekly rank each pilot based on a number of variables into the equations (contest results, primarily). Then we'd have a weighting system and weight the 8 above rankings and call the final rankings the KCS, or F3K Championship Series.

But seriously, it would be neat for me to be able to prove in fact I am the worst hand launch pilot in the country.

Ryan
rdwoebke is online now Find More Posts by rdwoebke
Old Mar 05, 2009, 10:51 AM
M Seid
Solana Beach, Ca
Joined Sep 2006
3,013 Posts
I will post 3 ideas that were floated in the discussion group that led to the f3k leaugue.

I think the ranking discussion is best discussed in this thread.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 10, 2009, 09:33 PM
a.k.a. Bob Parks
Glendale, AZ
Joined Jun 2008
2,308 Posts
Scrolling the contest info window

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly2High
Well, I hate to say it but this is what I get when I click on 'The Bruce' and similar results with LISF (Aug 1 + 2)

I will also include Polecat
Maybe the pop up needs a scroll bar. If it is easier, I can shorten it, no problem.

Let me know....

Frank

As an alternative the full information can be seen in the AGENDA pull down at the top right corner.
bbbp is online now Find More Posts by bbbp
Old Mar 11, 2009, 11:37 PM
M Seid
Solana Beach, Ca
Joined Sep 2006
3,013 Posts
Contests have been updated on the home page, and on the google calendar.
RCG Plus Member