HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Kiesling, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 22, 2009, 11:30 PM
ASK
Espanola, NM USA
Joined Jul 2002
2,824 Posts
Just to help Tom keep the record straight:

I (Aradhana Singh Khalsa) am the organizer for Blue Skies over New Mexico. Philip Brister is the organizer for Blue Skies over Arizona, and Dave and Gary Jensen share the duties for Blue Skies over Colorado. I also supervise and support the organization of the series as a whole.

Sidebar: I know we haven't announced officially, but Arizona is working out some site issues, and they want a little time to sort it out. They put on a great event last year, and we expect even better this year.

For your schedules:
AZ - April 4-5 tentative.
NM - June 6-7 confirmed.
CO - August 22-23 confirmed.

Thanks for the bandwidth,

Aradhana Singh Khalsa

ps: Developing a team selection process was impressive to observe. The gentlemen took a lot of time, and heard each other out with consideration and a healthy degree of skepticism. The result is a working system to try out this year. All the Blue Skies events plan to support the trial of the system in 2009. a.s.k.
ASK is offline Find More Posts by ASK
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 23, 2009, 07:42 AM
You looking at me?
USA, KY, Burlington
Joined Sep 2001
1,508 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by M Seid
Ed,

Who is the CD for the NATS hlg event this year. I would like to speak with him. I think the community is very interested in assuring the event is a huge success.

Michael Seid

Chairman, IHLGF 2009

I have no idea. I'm not sure there is one yet. I was offered the job, but turned it down due to flying in electric that has been scheduled for the same time.

Ed
www.commonsenserc.com
Ed Franz is offline Find More Posts by Ed Franz
Old Jan 24, 2009, 10:31 AM
Flying IS the hobby
Upstate, NY
Joined Feb 2002
2,110 Posts
Pulling up a chair: Subscribed
Jose E Bruzual is offline Find More Posts by Jose E Bruzual
Old Jan 26, 2009, 08:23 PM
United States, AZ, Arizona City
Joined Sep 2001
5,011 Posts
Tom,

It looks like it's really coming together!!

Question:

In the F3K league info, it says: "There will be no separation of groups based on skill or age class."

I know that we don't have any specific info about the world contest, but isn't it usual to select a Junior team?

If so, isn't it usual to rank the juniors against only juniors?
GaryO is offline Find More Posts by GaryO
Old Jan 27, 2009, 12:12 AM
M Seid
Solana Beach, Ca
Joined Sep 2006
3,150 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Franz
I have no idea. I'm not sure there is one yet. I was offered the job, but turned it down due to flying in electric that has been scheduled for the same time.

Ed
www.commonsenserc.com

Thanks Ed, when it is announced, please let me know.
M Seid is offline Find More Posts by M Seid
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 27, 2009, 01:11 AM
San Diego
Joined Aug 2004
2,315 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryO
Tom,

It looks like it's really coming together!!

Question:

In the F3K league info, it says: "There will be no separation of groups based on skill or age class."

I know that we don't have any specific info about the world contest, but isn't it usual to select a Junior team?

If so, isn't it usual to rank the juniors against only juniors?
To my knowledge there are currently no plans for a junior classification for F3K. If there ends up being a junior class, then we will have to figure out how we want to handle the team selection and qualification process.

The statement about no separation for classes is to allow a level playing field for qualification. We don't want a situation where a person that is classified as a sportflyer or a junior not get qualified because a contest organizes flight groups based on class. Most contests lately do not base the groups on class, but I know in the past a few contests did. There are some people that classify themselves as sportflyers since they are new to F3K, but they have natural ability or are fast learners and deserve a chance at qualifying for the team selection. This is a subtle point and I wanted to make sure that someone who deserved to be qualified didn't due to a technicality.

Tom
Kiesling is offline Find More Posts by Kiesling
Old Jan 28, 2009, 02:59 AM
M Seid
Solana Beach, Ca
Joined Sep 2006
3,150 Posts
several items were added and updated to the www.f3k.us site including the calendar resource.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 28, 2009, 10:17 AM
Joined Nov 2005
3,589 Posts
Mike, from what I know, there is not a designated CD for the Nats yet. I will check with Mike Stump to confirm.

Marc
R.M. Gellart is offline Find More Posts by R.M. Gellart
Old Feb 11, 2009, 03:56 PM
Flying IS the hobby
Upstate, NY
Joined Feb 2002
2,110 Posts
Expanding the USA F3K League

Tom,

NASTAR (NAtional STAndard Race, developed by SKI Magazine in 1968), and its ranking system is rather impressive, might want to consider reading through as it offers a very flexible and inclusive infrastructure, where more contest and pilots of all abilities, ages and equipment could be included by using a handicap system, where the 0 handicap could be set a nationals, and then people could compete against it thus creating a virtual standard

http://www.nastar.com/index.jsp?pagename=rules

Jose
Jose E Bruzual is offline Find More Posts by Jose E Bruzual
Last edited by Jose E Bruzual; Nov 16, 2009 at 07:49 PM.
Old Feb 11, 2009, 06:18 PM
Make Flying Fun
United States, MD, Lutherville-Timonium
Joined May 2003
1,475 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by M Seid
several items were added and updated to the www.f3k.us site including the calendar resource.
I have tried to register the BASS event several times and sent emails but to no avail! Help please or do it for us, thanks.

http://soarmd.org/index.php?option=c...detail&agid=21
KevinSharbonda is online now Find More Posts by KevinSharbonda
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by KevinSharbonda; Feb 12, 2009 at 08:35 AM.
Old Feb 12, 2009, 12:30 AM
M Seid
Solana Beach, Ca
Joined Sep 2006
3,150 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinSharbonda
I have tried to register the BASS event several times and sent emails but to no evail! Help please or do it for us, thanks.

http://soarmd.org/index.php?option=c...detail&agid=21
Kevin,

I took a week long belated christmas vacation this last week, and got back last nite. I have several items that need to be updated. Thanks for everyones patience- Im working on the updates.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 13, 2009, 02:07 AM
M Seid
Solana Beach, Ca
Joined Sep 2006
3,150 Posts
The BRUCE- Updated contest details
BASS-Constest is registered
ECHLGF-Contest is registered
IHLGF 2009- Details updated
BS AZ- Details updated
LISF -HLG Contest is registered
POLECAT-Contest Details Updated. Still awaiting a name for fluffys next of kin.

These details are updated on www.f3k.us

Please post suggestions on the site through the contest submission section. If you do not use outlook or have a web based email editor, please send correspondance to seid@mkcapllc.com
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 13, 2009, 08:39 AM
PA
Joined Dec 2003
2,368 Posts
Late breaking news!!!!!

POLECAT-Contest Details Updated. Still awaiting a name for fluffys next of kin.

A distant relative of Fluffy and Princess has been located and purchased for the Polecat Challenge!! We are proud to introduce "Priscilla Marie" It was an exhausting search to maintain the heratige of this gene pool. We felt that this was a very important issue as this linage has produced some porkers who have served the BBQ industry proudly and deliciously:-)
dennymaize is offline Find More Posts by dennymaize
Old Feb 13, 2009, 09:18 AM
Silent Majority
Monrovia,MD,USA
Joined Mar 2000
289 Posts
What is the public address of the F3K google Calendar? With that I can incorporate the F3K calendar into our club's calendar (SoarCASA.org). Similar to what i did for the "North American R/C Soaring Events".

Bert
SoarCASA.org Webmaster
Bert is offline Find More Posts by Bert
Old Feb 13, 2009, 09:42 AM
PA
Joined Dec 2003
2,368 Posts
http://www.f3k.us/
dennymaize is offline Find More Posts by dennymaize