SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Kiesling, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 09:53 AM
United States, PA, Columbia
Joined Jan 2009
58 Posts
Thanks Ryan,
That helps.
SOARenity is offline Find More Posts by SOARenity
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 13, 2012, 09:59 AM
I'm all about that bass
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Feb 2004
15,307 Posts
That's what I'm here for.

Side note, I am pretty close to having all of the qualifying contests updated, the qualified pilots list updated, etc. I need to get a refresh of the team program entrants from the AMA, hope to have that today, then I'll post an email here letting folks know the lists are current and if there are omissions/errors shoot me an email kind of deal.

Ryan
rdwoebke is offline Find More Posts by rdwoebke
Old Jun 13, 2012, 02:27 PM
usaf3kteam
Joined Sep 2005
5,712 Posts
Will last year team pilots that went to the worlds auto Qualify for the team?
rcgeorge is offline Find More Posts by rcgeorge
Old Jun 13, 2012, 02:40 PM
San Diego
Joined Aug 2004
2,314 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcgeorge View Post
Will last year team pilots that went to the worlds auto Qualify for the team?
I'm assuming you mean qualify for the team selection. If so, that is not currently how the program is set up, but probably a good thing to discuss.

Do you know of anyone from the last team that isn't qualified but wants to go to the Team Selection? (Maybe Nick or Lee)

Thanks,
Tom
Kiesling is online now Find More Posts by Kiesling
Old Jun 13, 2012, 02:48 PM
hot air rises...
Pleasant Grove, UT
Joined Jul 2005
7,846 Posts
I definately think the defending USA team (both seniors and juniors) should have automatic invites to the next TS.

Also (not really a USA soaring issue, but), does the defending WC get an automatic invite to the next WC? I think they should too.
jfinch is offline Find More Posts by jfinch
Old Jun 13, 2012, 02:50 PM
I'm all about that bass
Joined Feb 2004
15,307 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfinch View Post
Idoes the defending WC get an automatic invite to the next WC? I think they should too.
Yes defending world champs get automatic invites to defend their title. Juniors who grow up are allowed to come back as seniors.

The 2012 F3J US contingent will be 5 senior pilots and 3 junior pilots!

Ryan
Old Jun 13, 2012, 03:10 PM
Mike M.
United States, UT, Eden
Joined Jan 2010
5,126 Posts
Say for example, Joe W didn't qualify for the next team from New Zealand. But as the defending individual champ he could still compete in the next WC for the individual title, even though his scores wouldn't count as part of the 3-man NZ team?
like.2.fly is offline Find More Posts by like.2.fly
Old Jun 13, 2012, 03:17 PM
Germantown, Maryland
Joined Apr 2004
4,514 Posts
The way it works for F3J, and assume it would be the same for F3K, is: The defending World Champs (should they be from team USA), have the choice of either going back as the defending World Champ, or they may try out for the USA team. If they go back as defending champ, then they are not considered part of team USA for scoring purposes. The USA team score would be composed of just the scores of the actual three member team.

As Ryan pointed out; The US is sending 5 senior pilots to the F3J World champs in South Africa. We have the three man team plus Daryl as defending World Champion and Brendon who won the World Champs last time as a junior but is returning as a senior to defend the title. The scores from Daryl and Brendon will not count towards team USA's scores.
Phil Barnes is offline Find More Posts by Phil Barnes
Old Jun 13, 2012, 03:18 PM
Germantown, Maryland
Joined Apr 2004
4,514 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by like.2.fly View Post
Say for example, Joe W didn't qualify for the next team from New Zealand. But as the defending individual champ he could still compete in the next WC for the individual title, even though his scores wouldn't count as part of the 3-man NZ team?
That is correct.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 03:25 PM
hot air rises...
Pleasant Grove, UT
Joined Jul 2005
7,846 Posts
Are Daryl and Brendon protected from Team USA? i.e. you shouldn't have Darryl taking points from his own countries team.
jfinch is offline Find More Posts by jfinch
Old Jun 13, 2012, 03:40 PM
Germantown, Maryland
Joined Apr 2004
4,514 Posts
No. For scoring purposes, Daryl and Brendon are not part of team USA. The team protection covers the three man team from each country.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 04:58 PM
San Diego
Joined Aug 2004
2,314 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Barnes View Post
No. For scoring purposes, Daryl and Brendon are not part of team USA. The team protection covers the three man team from each country.
Jon,
Daryl and Brendon will not have to fly against the US team in the preliminary rounds.

Tom
Kiesling is online now Find More Posts by Kiesling
Old Jun 13, 2012, 06:14 PM
turn, turn, turn.
Athol, Massachusetts
Joined Oct 2005
10,485 Posts
Kenny Sharp is online now Find More Posts by Kenny Sharp
Old Jun 20, 2012, 09:34 PM
hass-alfed and bass-ackwards
United States, AZ, Chandler
Joined Jun 2008
5,311 Posts
Kind of off topic, but another thread got me to thinking about a cool way to raise money for the team.

Some balsa free flight HLGs with the Team Logo on it might be easy to sell. People could use them to get their little ones out throwing the planes around.
carlsoti is offline Find More Posts by carlsoti
Old Jun 20, 2012, 10:18 PM
I'm all about that bass
Joined Feb 2004
15,307 Posts
I have updated the qualified pilots list:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Wc&pli=1#gid=0

There are now 50 senior pilots who have entered the team program and are qualified.

If you don't see your name on this list or don't see your name in green and think it should be please send me a private message and I will investigate.

Ryan