SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Kiesling, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 03:34 PM
launch height can't fix stupid
United States, CA, Palmdale
Joined Jun 2005
1,279 Posts
Ryan, do you keep track of those that have half a point towards the TS this cycle? Do you only keep track of those that have signed up for the process?
corsha99 is offline Find More Posts by corsha99
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 27, 2012, 03:48 PM
I'm all about that bass
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Feb 2004
15,307 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsha99 View Post
Ryan, do you keep track of those that have half a point towards the TS this cycle?
Yes. There is only one such person who has entered the team program and has just a half point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by corsha99 View Post
Do you only keep track of those that have signed up for the process?
In the qualified pilots list I only include people who are qualified and have entered the team program. For this cycle at least Tom has said if you qualify and then later enter the team program I can add you on to the qualified pilot list when you enter the team program.

Ryan
rdwoebke is online now Find More Posts by rdwoebke
Old Apr 28, 2012, 06:10 AM
turn, turn, turn.
Athol, Massachusetts
Joined Oct 2005
10,488 Posts
Yes, The cheese stands alone.

It's important that the contest get listed as a Team Select Qualifier contest.
Last year, CRRC didn't register their contest....oops.

But hey, I got to fly with Mark Drela again!
Kenny Sharp is online now Find More Posts by Kenny Sharp
Old May 01, 2012, 11:52 AM
Joined Jun 2005
1,279 Posts
Got registered today with Colleen from the AMA. Not sure how long it takes to get through the system but I should be a 1/2 point away from being elegible for the Team Selects.
Old May 16, 2012, 12:44 PM
I'm all about that bass
Joined Feb 2004
15,307 Posts
I have updated the spreadsheets with the results from the IHLGF and this past weekend's Seattle contest.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Wc&pli=1#gid=0

If you don't see your name on this list but think you should be, please send me a private message and I will investigate. If your name is in green you are fully qualified. Otherwise you are just half qualified.

Thanks,

Ryan
Old May 18, 2012, 11:16 AM
usaf3kteam
Joined Sep 2005
5,712 Posts
IHLGF you do not have me on the list can you please check it thanks
rcgeorge is online now Find More Posts by rcgeorge
Old May 18, 2012, 11:25 AM
I'm all about that bass
Joined Feb 2004
15,307 Posts
Not that it really matters since you have overqualified like a dozen times, but I just made the correction.

People must really care about you because I also received a private message about this error 5 minutes ago as well from a guy from 1,000 miles away from you who you have probably never even met! Well done.

Ryan
Last edited by rdwoebke; May 18, 2012 at 11:32 AM.
Old May 18, 2012, 11:50 AM
Where is the lift?
USA, AZ, Phoenix
Joined Nov 2005
6,508 Posts
^^^LOL!^^^

Charlie
cptsnoopy is online now Find More Posts by cptsnoopy
Old May 22, 2012, 07:57 PM
usaf3kteam
Joined Sep 2005
5,712 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdwoebke View Post
Not that it really matters since you have overqualified like a dozen times, but I just made the correction.

People must really care about you because I also received a private message about this error 5 minutes ago as well from a guy from 1,000 miles away from you who you have probably never even met! Well done.

Ryan
Thanks Ryan cheers
rcgeorge is online now Find More Posts by rcgeorge
Old May 24, 2012, 09:05 PM
Joined Jun 2005
1,279 Posts
Just a heads up that at our last RMSA contest, we got 3 people fully qualified for the team select contest. Skip Miller, Cory Shantz (me), and Brandon Blair. Gary Jensen still showed us all how it was done though.
Old May 31, 2012, 05:29 PM
Mike M.
United States, UT, Eden
Joined Jan 2010
5,127 Posts
Did we ever decide what the NEXT qualification cycle for TS will be? We discussed this a while back and were considering changes for the next (2015) cycle. But I don't recall hearing a decision. With the 2013 cycle closing at the end of June (just 30 days from now), will any of the remaining F3K contests this year and early next year count towards anything? Will the next cycle include results from all qualifying contests from July 1, 2012 to June 30, 2014; or will it be like the current cycle and only count those held during the 1 year immediately prior to the cutoff date (like from June 2013 to June 2014)?

IMHO there should not be in-between years that don't count. Each 2 year TS cycle should include results from the previous 2 years of competition. Seems a shame that someone could place high in a big event (like IHLGF, EHLGF, The Bruce, Blue Skies, etc.) and not earn qualification points because it was during an "off" year. I see no good reason to limit it to just 1 year like the current cycle does.

If it hasn't already been done then now is the time to hash this out and make a final decision for the next cycle.
like.2.fly is online now Find More Posts by like.2.fly
Old May 31, 2012, 06:28 PM
San Diego
Joined Aug 2004
2,314 Posts
I'm okay with it being the beginning of July 2012 to the end of June 2014. I think ultimately it comes down to whether or not Ryan wants to keep track of two years worth of contests. Ryan?

Thanks for bringing this up Mike.

Tom
Kiesling is online now Find More Posts by Kiesling
Old Jun 02, 2012, 11:04 PM
Joined Jun 2005
1,279 Posts
Can we open up the TS qualification process to include more F3K contests, not just those that are sanctioned? This would help lighten the burden on all the people,CDs, and clubs
Old Jun 03, 2012, 12:49 AM
I'm all about that bass
Joined Feb 2004
15,307 Posts
I'm ok with the longer qual window. What about the TS program requirement though?

I wouldn't remove the AMA sanction requirement.

Ryan
Old Jun 03, 2012, 01:00 AM
hot air rises...
Pleasant Grove, UT
Joined Jul 2005
7,846 Posts
I think the qualification window for 2014 TS should start the day after the window for 2012 TS ends. And they should be AMA sanctioned events. I think this helps to keep K in the AMA's radar (since we would likely sanction a couple of our monthly contests every year rather than just every other year).
jfinch is offline Find More Posts by jfinch