SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
Old Jan 21, 2009, 06:18 PM
springfield, missouri
Joined Jan 2008
150 Posts
Alert
Banana Hobby "The Hobby Shop from Heaven"

I would like to start out by apologizing to everybody involved for all the trouble I have caused. Looks like Banana Hobby has had a change of heart. They have decided to help me out BIG time. And I would just like to say maybe I mis judged them. I guess everything pete has said is true about them being swamped and the move and so on. He has got the ball rolling big time on a resolution to my problem. I will keep you posted on how it turns out. Sincerely Mainjet
mainjet is offline Find More Posts by mainjet
Last edited by mainjet; Jan 27, 2009 at 04:50 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 21, 2009, 08:32 PM
12 year old flyer :p
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Joined Aug 2008
370 Posts
:d
Zett-Vampyre is offline Find More Posts by Zett-Vampyre
Last edited by Zett-Vampyre; Jan 27, 2009 at 04:50 PM.
Old Jan 21, 2009, 10:34 PM
WoooHooo!!!
USA, CA, Santa Paula
Joined Mar 2007
156 Posts
Great Deal at Banana Hobby

Thinking of getting a great deal at Banana Hobby, take a few minutes to read this first, it may save you some aggravation. This is the edited down version, the original is five pages.

Dec 23, 2008
All operators are currently assisting others. Thanks for your patience. An operator will be with you shortly. (REPEATED 7 TIMES)
You are now chatting with 'Peter'
Peter: How may I assist you?
Slammm : Please call Sam between 2:30 and 3:00 PST today to resolve a problem with his order that was going to be a Christmas Present. We have tried for two hours to reach you by phone at Sales and Tech Support and nobody answers the phone and nobody is responding on here either.
Peter: I will be more than happy to help you.
Peter: I am sorry for the missing parts. I will assure you that I will take care of it
Peter: I understand it is a Christmas gift and I will make sure I expedite the shipment of the missing parts immediately
Peter: I am going to have them shipped out today
Peter: Tell your son Merry Christmas from Pete and I will make sure he will be flying!

Dec 31, 2008
All operators are currently assisting others. Thanks for your patience. An operator will be with you shortly. (REPETED 8 TIMES)
You are now chatting with 'Annie'
Annie: Hello
Annie: Please hold while I look into your order
Slammm: Well?
Annie: I am very sorry but we were really back up for Christmas and will be shipping out your missing items this Friday
Slammm: OK, That is not what I was told on Dec 23 when I spoke with Peter, Would ship immediately.

I went to my son’s on Jan. 1 to see if I could get it to fly with a receiver and ESC that I have only to find that the radio is defective.

Jan 6, 2009 4:40 PM
All operators are currently assisting others. Thanks for your patience. An operator will be with you shortly. (REPETED 11 TIMES) I finally started noting the time.

5:05 PM
You are now chatting with 'Taylor'
Slammm: What is the status of order yhst-39858413893234-35394
Taylor: one moment please
5:27PM
Slammm: Well

Finally got tired of the wait so at 5:37 I called and to my surprise someone named Taylor answered but of course not the one who has pissed off my time for the last hour. I got a BS story about how busy they are and that the ESC and Receiver would be shipped this week and I could expect it early next week, Jan. 12, 13. We will see.

January 14, 2009 @ 6:11 pm
All operators are currently assisting others. Thanks for your patience. An operator will be with you shortly. (REPETED 18 TIMES)

You are now chatting with 'Taylor'
Taylor: How may I help you?
Slammm: Has the receiver, esc and radio shipped yet? yhst-39858413893234-35394

January 14, 2009 @ 6:57

Taylor: let me check for you
Taylor: one moemnt please while I check for you
Taylor: alright, we need to find out the freq. of your transmitter and freq. so we can send you out a new one
Slammm: Should make no dif because the radio is also dead
Taylor: as soon as they are, you will receive a tracking number (I never got a tracking number)
Taylor: they will be sent usps

January 14, 2009 @ 7:30 PM

January 21, 2009

Finally received the package from Banana Hobby and guess what no ESC!!! And I doubt the radio and receiver I did receive is the correct one, what a bunch of dip sticks!!

Banana Hobby you have my info, you got a problem with this call me anytime.

Oh ya,, “Professional Lifetime Tech Support only at Banana Hobby" good luck!
Slammm is offline Find More Posts by Slammm
Last edited by Slammm; Jan 22, 2009 at 01:13 AM.
Old Jan 21, 2009, 10:51 PM
springfield, missouri
Joined Jan 2008
150 Posts
Pete since you made it right with me I will no longer diss your company. thanks again..... mainjet
Last edited by mainjet; Jan 27, 2009 at 03:38 PM.
Old Jan 22, 2009, 06:32 PM
Joined Jan 2009
6 Posts
Mainjet,

You shouldn't want to diss any company for any reason to begin with. Let alone, think that if you say unless we do something for you, you will continue to bash our company. That is your choice. However, one thing that you don't seem to be familiar with in all of your threads, is our support page that lists all of our policies. We do NOT accept returns from anyone for ANY reason once they have been flown or put together. So, when you called we offered you support and instructions on how to solve this problem. You however did not seem happy with this answer and decided to take it to this level of posting on the forums. And as far as "banding together to shut this company down", you shouldn't be so keen to shut a company down that offers tech support as well as will send out items to you as far as any replacement parts, if you just ask.

Sincerely,
Taylor
BananaHobbyII is offline Find More Posts by BananaHobbyII
Old Jan 22, 2009, 08:25 PM
springfield, missouri
Joined Jan 2008
150 Posts
Taylor, This does change the fact that I have spent $1,400.00 dollars with your company and you guys did the right thing. thanks again....mainjet
Last edited by mainjet; Jan 27, 2009 at 03:48 PM.
Old Jan 22, 2009, 08:29 PM
springfield, missouri
Joined Jan 2008
150 Posts
Taylor,I am not wanting anything extra I just want what I have already paid for. And I finally got it. thanks again...mainjet
Last edited by mainjet; Jan 27, 2009 at 03:49 PM.
Old Jan 22, 2009, 08:49 PM
springfield, missouri
Joined Jan 2008
150 Posts
Taylor, What does %100 satisfaction guranteed mean?????? You finally got the meaning. thanks again....mainjet
Last edited by mainjet; Jan 27, 2009 at 03:51 PM.
Old Jan 22, 2009, 09:44 PM
Joined Jan 2009
2 Posts
Answer

Have you possibly considered, that the problem might actually not be with Banana Hobby, but that the problem might be with the person trying to use the particular item, not know what they are doing? Just a thought.

Sincerely,
Taylor
BananaHobby2 is offline Find More Posts by BananaHobby2
Old Jan 22, 2009, 09:45 PM
Joined Jan 2009
2 Posts
We are not asking you to beg. If you need spare parts, or anything like that, please just let me know along with your order number, and I would be happy to help you out in any way that I can.

Sincerely,
Taylor
B.H Support
BananaHobby2 is offline Find More Posts by BananaHobby2
Old Jan 22, 2009, 10:41 PM
springfield, missouri
Joined Jan 2008
150 Posts
Taylor, Oh sure its ALWAYS the customers that come first. thanks again....mainjet
Last edited by mainjet; Jan 27, 2009 at 03:52 PM.
Old Jan 22, 2009, 10:45 PM
springfield, missouri
Joined Jan 2008
150 Posts
Taylor, Pete told me he would resolve this and he did! thanks again....mainjet
Last edited by mainjet; Jan 27, 2009 at 03:53 PM.
Old Jan 22, 2009, 10:59 PM
springfield, missouri
Joined Jan 2008
150 Posts
Taylor, By the way thanks again.....mainjet
Last edited by mainjet; Jan 27, 2009 at 03:54 PM.
Old Jan 25, 2009, 02:45 PM
Baltimore, MD
Joined May 2008
99 Posts
Taylor,
I'm a happy customer of BH, but I have to say that your replies to mainjet, I would classify as inappropriate for any customer for any reason. A better reply would be to ignore the personal, or emotional parts of his post and professionally address his issue. Never get into a debate with a customer, allow them to vent, then address their issue. The question that always comes up with training customer service people and I bet you're thinking to yourself right now is "Do I just let people say anything that they want to me?" The answer is yes. These people are CHOOSING to spend their money with the company that you respresent. That gives them the right to voice their opinion. That doesn't mean that you have to give them what they think that they deserve but, it does mean that you do whatever you can to give them what they are entitled to based on the agreement. That brings up the next issue. Policy... If you are going to quote policy, you have to insure that you are consistant. There is nothing wrong with following policy. Not sticking to policy just once can open the doors to preventable lawsuits. As stated above, "if you do it for one, you have to do it for all". The resaon for that is that it's based on perception. People can perceive all sorts of reasons for "why you didn't do it for me" and then you have to defend against a perception, right or wrong, it's a losing proposition.

For Mainjet, his issues appear simple and cold have been handle with one post. that simply stated:

We apologize for your inconvenience. We are sending you a replacement Fan for the T-38 and a Nose wheel restract for the F-19. Please call our support line (which should be staffed) for help with the CG issue on the F-18. I hope that this resolution is satisfactory for you. If you have any questions please feel free to contact us again.

He didn't mention if he asked to return the plane but if he had then you would include that "unfortunately our policy does not allow us to take returns for planes that have been flown or assembled." which again has to remain consistant. I think most of us in the hobby understand why that is.

Sorry for going on and on but this interaction kinda disturbed me, also I see that Mainjet's issue is being resolved with a discount toward a future purchase, and he is ok with that and already knows what he is interested in next... wasn't that easy??
protus is offline Find More Posts by protus
Old Jan 25, 2009, 08:54 PM
Joined Feb 2008
31 Posts
Protus, an excellent and extremely articulate post! In all sincereity, I am glad your experience with BH was a good one. Thats all any of us wanted. But Im glad you also see the other side and stood up for MainJet. In reality you stood up for all of us who had a bad experience. What is crazy is that I really don't believe that everyone here wants to bash BH. Customers are frustrated and simply want a resolution to their problems. I know Im guilty of it!

In any case you did a great job explaining that! My hat is off to you!!!
orlando569 is offline Find More Posts by orlando569
Closed Thread