SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 13, 2009, 08:18 PM
Permanently Banned
Joined Oct 2007
534 Posts
Not a lame question ,remove the front bow and unscrew the front plate nuts,remove the plate.
Remove the top large nut cap and replace it with the one suplied with the camarra gear,be sure the conections are firm.Inside the front section of the sub there is the vedeo power cable this is conectyed to the camarras power jack it looks like a round pin connector and hasa cap un it,be sure the sub is off and the other switch on the bottom right is also off.
mount the camarra as instructed in the forward section,then connect its vedeo cable to the special large nut cap that was installed above.Conect the camarras power to the jack connector .Turn on the vedeo screen and the camarra be sure you get a picture,then close up the sub be sure to tighten the bolts up in a star like fashion as not to warp the plate and snugly,re atach the bow by cliping the bottom on firts then the top 2 clips and the reverse for removal.
Your ready to go dive have fun and let me know what you think of the vedeo.

Dave
aquadeep is offline Find More Posts by aquadeep
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 13, 2009, 09:35 PM
What is this a center for ants
United States, CA, Beverly Hills
Joined Jul 2007
2,277 Posts
Ahhh. I didn't get the cable /screw attachment...That's why it didn't make sense.. Thanks for your help..
avidjeepr is offline Find More Posts by avidjeepr
Last edited by avidjeepr; Feb 14, 2009 at 12:45 AM.
Old Feb 14, 2009, 06:27 PM
Permanently Banned
Joined Oct 2007
534 Posts
Where and how much was the camarragear?
Will post amazing vedeo of improvement in speed and endurance and manueverabilty!

Also stern modifications.Stay tuned.

Dave
Old Feb 14, 2009, 06:40 PM
Joined Jul 2007
2,277 Posts
I thought I had everything, just forgot one part #PJ6181 Camera cable plug set from Harbor models. So I ran it today without the camera and had a blast.

The part will be here Wednesday.

More video would be cool to watch.

The monitor ,camera and cable were a couple bones.
Last edited by avidjeepr; Feb 14, 2009 at 09:22 PM.
Old Feb 14, 2009, 09:31 PM
Permanently Banned
Joined Oct 2007
534 Posts
Action cam installation,is a stand alone color 1gig watertight cam to 10 ft unit.
The rubber protected nose and lenz just protrudes out of the bow and held in place by the hole in the bow with a snug fit.Easy to remove for down load ,no tools.

The nice thing about it is that the camarra can also take video of the sub,then down load up to an half hour of vedeo and great vedeo quality.

48.00$ at Sams Club,good for now.

Dave
Last edited by aquadeep; Feb 14, 2009 at 09:48 PM.
Old Feb 14, 2009, 10:00 PM
Joined Jul 2007
2,277 Posts
I have one!! I was going to mount it underneath the sub.
Old Feb 15, 2009, 02:38 AM
Age quod agis
Joined Sep 2007
1,434 Posts
Mount the camera on the bottom and the top of the sub. Search the bottom of the lake, who knows you might find Jimmy Hoffa and when mounted on the top it would be cool to get underneath the boats and see the props turning, wakes, etc.

I think I will pick up a camera and strap it to the bottom of my boat. Actually that would be cool to see the sub from a camera strapped to the bottom of a boat too. All of this sounds like alot of fun.
SD RC Boater is offline Find More Posts by SD RC Boater
Old Feb 15, 2009, 05:56 AM
Joined Aug 2008
6 Posts
Hello, I'm kind of "newbie" here. I live in Portugal, and have my SB-1 for a few months now, also made some modifications including a camera. Decided for FycamOne2, since it's light and compact, so it's no big deal insert it inside the dry zone. Even made a small film
Submarino RC (5 min 29 sec)

Next time I'ii use outside scenes too

Bye...!
roaz is offline Find More Posts by roaz
Old Feb 15, 2009, 11:28 AM
Grumpa Tom
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
23,584 Posts
roaz: The Flycamone2 camera seems like a perfect choice for the Neptune sub since it can be inserted in the dry zone while in an upright position.

I noticed from your video that the plexi nosecone distorts the image. That is probably because the plexi is not optically ground.

This will probably be a problem for all Neptune owners who shoot video through that nosecone.

I would be curious to see a video filmed in the same location, but with the plexi nosecone removed and the camera looking through the flat plexi shield only.
Kmot is offline Find More Posts by Kmot
Old Feb 15, 2009, 10:29 PM
Joined Jul 2007
2,277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by roaz
Hello, I'm kind of "newbie" here. I live in Portugal, and have my SB-1 for a few months now, also made some modifications including a camera. Decided for FycamOne2, since it's light and compact, so it's no big deal insert it inside the dry zone. Even made a small film

Next time I'ii use outside scenes too

Bye...!

How deep can you go before losing video signal? Is it as dependable as the radio signal? Great info ..
Old Feb 15, 2009, 11:02 PM
Permanently Banned
Joined Oct 2007
534 Posts
First vedeo in my pool note the increse in speed and manueverability from modifiying stern,new larger prop and moving kort knozzle and 3.33 to one gear drive as in posts. The ster is not painted yet,this speed is only a third of her top speed so fast its hard to control in the small pool.

Movie sd 7 (1 min 46 sec)
Old Feb 16, 2009, 12:50 AM
Joined Jul 2007
2,277 Posts
Nice job, I removed the side screens for better flow too.
Old Feb 16, 2009, 05:46 AM
Joined Aug 2008
6 Posts
Hello again,

Your right Kmot but maybe the "vigneting" seen in the film it's also related to the low light conditions under water. It was a cloudy day with some sunny moments.
Here's a picture...

Also adapted an "Osram/Dot-it" led lamp to the nose... but never tried it under water! Still have to make some changes, must find a way to set it on/off from the outside. Maybe e reed-switch (magnetic) will do the trick...

Keep on subing....
roaz is offline Find More Posts by roaz
Old Feb 16, 2009, 08:07 PM
Permanently Banned
Joined Oct 2007
534 Posts
Hoverring and stern in action.The sub is ballanced,just the cam is tilted.

Tomorrow ill post vedeo from Blue Springs :P :P stay tuned.

David

Movie4 (1 min 4 sec)
Old Feb 17, 2009, 05:23 AM
Joined Oct 2007
101 Posts
For sure I'll stay tuned and waiting...
Aquadeep, you did the most extensive modification of the Neptune I have ever seen! My compliments!

BTW, is it possible to see some pics of the modified parts? (bow&camera, stern, motor setup, etc...)
Thanks!

Ocean's
Ocean's One is offline Find More Posts by Ocean's One