SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 05, 2010, 04:44 PM
Joined Apr 2010
6 Posts
where is the cg?

First of all I would just like to say, that watching your video, your plane looked like the real thing soaring arround.... great job!! I know it has been a while since this thread started but I was woundering what the general location of the cg is on this beautifull bird? Just a general starting point would be great. thanks for your time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookiepilot2003 View Post
Thanks everyone for viewing the video and the great comments. I have my girlfriend Felicity to thank for doing a great job filming the flight and also for motivating me to continue building, flying, and to actually post a video of one one of those flights. She surprised me with more sheets of foam so I gotta go and do some building. Happy flying, Haris
adams0259 is offline Find More Posts by adams0259
to remove ads between posts
Old May 06, 2010, 09:44 AM
When pigs fly rc
USA, NY, Chester
Joined Apr 2008
2,511 Posts
subscribed
rcrich is offline Find More Posts by rcrich
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: flying penguin
Old May 29, 2010, 10:48 PM
Denver, Colorado
Joined Apr 2007
62 Posts
The cg on this bird was about 1/3 of the chord. I don't recall the measurements since the eagle was destroyed from hanger rash but basically just balance it at 25-30 percent of the chord and you'll be fine. Happy flying
Rookiepilot2003 is offline Find More Posts by Rookiepilot2003
Old May 30, 2010, 11:40 AM
Morell, PEI, Canada
Joined Oct 2004
513 Posts
Is that ever neat !
there's something strangely satisfying about an RC bird
I had a seagull a few years back and the gulls would soar with it.
I dont think I'll try an eagle-- a month ago I was flying a !/2 A gas
model in lift, and was pestered by 2 young eagles for 10 minutes
making runs at it from underneath.
Apparently they thought my model was an osprey,
and mistook the fat Trexler wheels for a fish it wanted to steal.
east6008 is offline Find More Posts by east6008
Old Aug 15, 2011, 03:34 AM
Joined Aug 2011
2 Posts
Thanks for the show of your eagle. I only register this month and have some trouble with the electronics. My eagle is finished but don't know what motor, ESC and prop to use. It weigh 1700g including 3cel battery. I used the same plan. Your video is from the top shelf.

Hope you can assist.
Dirk Keller is offline Find More Posts by Dirk Keller
Old Feb 01, 2012, 12:43 PM
Watt Waster
Joined Oct 2010
1,865 Posts
Picking the Motor and ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk Keller View Post
Thanks for the show of your eagle. I only register this month and have some trouble with the electronics. My eagle is finished but don't know what motor, ESC and prop to use. It weigh 1700g including 3cel battery. I used the same plan. Your video is from the top shelf.

Hope you can assist.
When building an RC model it is best to try and find what you have in the threads. That way you can find what has worked for others. If yours comes out a little heavier, as in the 10-15% range, the motor setup should still work on yours. Otherwise you will have to try and match the thrust produced that is not less than 80% of your total, ready to fly weight (including battery pack). If your wing loading is low enough, you should be happy with the performance of the RC flyer. There are other things to consider, but these are the basics.
Tsavah is offline Find More Posts by Tsavah
Old Jun 25, 2012, 10:43 AM
Joined Jun 2011
5 Posts
I'm going to go ahead and dig up the bones on this thread and ask, if the OP has new plans or a newer improved version....or does the original work and fly well?
dsmeerkat is offline Find More Posts by dsmeerkat
Old Jul 02, 2012, 01:10 PM
Watt Waster
Joined Oct 2010
1,865 Posts
Bumped - again

It appears most of the interest has faded and those who posted before have moved on to other projects. Not sure if more will get added anytime soon, unless you build and report.
Tsavah is offline Find More Posts by Tsavah