Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 18, 2009, 10:20 PM
Joined Jan 2009
1 Posts
Discussion
TW Cessna 747 Spare Parts

I am trying to find spare parts for my TW Cessna 747. I had a bad crash and need the front nose cover and the engine. Can anyone help me please? Thanks.
jnav29 is offline Find More Posts by jnav29
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 22, 2009, 12:19 AM
rosemead, CA
Joined Jan 2009
294 Posts
i was planning on buying this plane at banana hobby but couldnt find a source for parts

how does it fly? please PM me if you find a source. thanks
minorng is offline Find More Posts by minorng
Old Jan 26, 2009, 10:42 PM
Flapping Rudder
Kiowa, Colorado
Joined Nov 2008
395 Posts
Parts for $40

Here's the parts that I have found for the TW Cessna:

http://www.hobbymega.com/products/pc...49.htm#details

http://www.alibaba.com/product/hobby...uctdetail.html

As far as I know, Banana Hobby doesn't have any spare parts for this plane, just spare planes!
danamas is offline Find More Posts by danamas
Old Jan 27, 2009, 01:04 AM
Joined Dec 2006
110 Posts
TW Cessna

My grandson wanted this plane. I was about to buy one from Bannahobbies tonight but their lowest priced shipping to Lousiana was over 17 dollars. With expensive shipping compared to Hobby Lobby's 9 bucks, I don't think it's a good deal after all. I saw the flight video and Pete armed the motor with a switch on the side of the plane. If it's not armed from the remote control I would guess the planes motor may not stop if the control box power goes off due to a dead battery or other failure. Not sure but it makes me wonder if maybe the plane could just fly away. I think I would want to put my own bec in the plane. Also I noticed the stock charger does not automatically cut it's self off at the right time. I would wonder IF my batteries were fully charged. I would rather pay a little bit more, get better quaility and deal with someone I feel I can trust. As they say, it cost only a few bucks more to go first class.
Chief Redelk is offline Find More Posts by Chief Redelk
Old Feb 25, 2009, 07:47 PM
Joined Feb 2009
2 Posts
you can find some spare parts on bananahobby.com but they only sell most of the major parts
snakedude21 is offline Find More Posts by snakedude21
Old May 28, 2009, 11:20 PM
Louisville
Joined Apr 2009
122 Posts
I bought a GWS engine which is a bit bigger and I found propellers for it. I fits perfect on the wood mount. Do you know where can I find a 30AM ESC for this plane, I am having problems with red button the primes the engine.
OmarA10 is offline Find More Posts by OmarA10
Old May 28, 2009, 11:23 PM
Louisville
Joined Apr 2009
122 Posts
Alibaba only sales to retailers not consumers.
OmarA10 is offline Find More Posts by OmarA10
Old Jun 01, 2009, 11:09 PM
Joined Dec 2006
110 Posts
That brushed motor is going to stop working and when it does you will STILL need a motor. You got a band aid.. I put a 2410-12 D,, brushless and a new Esc in mine for less than 40 bucks.. FIXED the problem. Went to Xenon and got a couple of LiPo's and chargers for less than 25 bucks each. NOW she flies GREAT and on LiPo.. I am going brushless on my Wing Dragon soon since I already have two LiPo.

NOW.. I wish to address YOUR problem with the cheap button..
Before I went brushelss I simply cut the wires to that stupid button and wired them driectly to each other then taped em . That is dangerous BECAUSE the prop will turn when your battery is connected IF the throttle is OPEN your prop is going to run wide open. This is NOT>> NOT something I recommend BUT I liked it and it worked for the 3 or 4 flights I got in on the plane before the stupid brushed 370A died..

The best way to fix any model plane is with the right Brushless..Brushed is on it's way out. You can buy a good brushed for about 10 bucks..WHY pay 20 bucks for a geared system that is going to fail long before your brushless does. If you are set up for brushelss just changing a brushless motor is about as cheap as buying a new brushed motor . I think my brushless was about 10 bucks.. Enjoy this plane THEN go brushless.. Think about this,,,,the money you spend on a new brushed ESC could go toward a brushless set up..good luck.
Old Jul 21, 2009, 11:44 PM
Joined Jul 2009
3 Posts
parts

i found az importer they have ever thing talk to ann #1-626-443-6400 good luck
brentdelong is offline Find More Posts by brentdelong
Old Dec 02, 2009, 03:19 PM
kiwi.
albany
Joined Sep 2009
60 Posts
didn't even get mine off the ground before the esc blew while the red button was giving me grief. got a cheap new esc, bypassed the button and got 5 or 6 flights before i ruined the main shaft and gear. the motors still going so might try a cheapy botch fix up on the shaft and see if i can get a couple more flights before it dies.
dave_turner is offline Find More Posts by dave_turner
Old Dec 07, 2009, 02:08 AM
Joined Dec 2006
110 Posts
Dave..I have one of those little black gear boxes. My 370A motor blew after two flights..Find out HOW much it would cost for me to ship it to you from Dubberly, Lousiana, 71024 Unites states..LET ME KNOW.. You can have mine for cost of shipping. I went brushless. Hobby King has a brushelss combo with an 8 inch prop included for around 20 bucks. you can get lipo's cheap from them too..GO BRUSHLESS.. You can see me flying mine with a brushless and the same LiPo as a Focus 400. The url is below. A Lipo needs to be shorter than 3.5 inches. I made mine fit. Click on the url and let me know what you think. http://www.flickr.com/photos/chiefredelk/
Old Dec 09, 2009, 04:00 AM
kiwi.
albany
Joined Sep 2009
60 Posts
hey redelk that sounds good. let me check the price and I'll get back to you. I'll send some pics of the gear mount.
dave_turner is offline Find More Posts by dave_turner
Old Dec 14, 2009, 04:24 AM
Joined Dec 2006
110 Posts
Hey Dave,, I go by Chief or Chiefredelk.. Up till the occoupation natives had no sir name. In keeping in that tradition I use only 1 name..

Now about the Plane gear box..

I would guess 5 bucks sould ship it almost anywhere in the states.. It's wiegt should not go over the minium. Why not call the Post office and inquire. It's coming from Dubberly La to YOUR destinatin..They can give you some idea. Maybe you can pre pay and give me a number or something like that..If it's going back in a 747 it should fit perfect. I did cut the shaft down and added a prop saver made from a servo arm..It's like new except for that mod..It's the stock little black gear box.. If you don't like the mod, maybe you can install your original long shaft..HOWEVER,, it worked good for me until the motor burned out..Good luck..
Old Jan 04, 2010, 06:54 PM
Joined Nov 2009
138 Posts
Dont get this plane. It is good but get a higher quality DYNAM Sky Trainer. Its just a little more but yet the best plane i have ever had!!!!!!
flycap93 is offline Find More Posts by flycap93
Old Jan 11, 2010, 02:48 AM
Joined Dec 2006
110 Posts
Where do you get the Sky Trainer and is it cheap?. I bought a Dynam reciever and transmitter made for the Focus 400. It's cheap and works good. I like the Esky100B a little better. The sticks are firmer..Is the Sky Trainer lipo andbrushless? Dynam has some brushless models out. Look at the Focus 400. Looks good. The "I can fl" looks good to me and Xenon Project has them for just over 100 bucks, brushless and lipo..I got the Cessna 747 for under 100 and spend a lot of money upgrading it to brushless. Should have gotten the "I can fly" but now it's great. SO far I have not crashed it so I have not had a problem with it..I found out that I can ship the gear box for 5 bucks anywhere in the states if anyone wants my old one. The motor burned out 3 flights.. I would NEVER go back to a gear box 370A brushed motor BUT if anyone needs this gear box.. It's here for the asking just pay shipping, 5 bucks....Just can't force myself to toss it out thinking that someone may need it..