HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by andrewtexas123, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 18, 2009, 08:50 PM
United States, CA, San Ramon
Joined Mar 2006
438 Posts
Discussion
Won the raffel!!!

Won my local fields raffel todayafter the meeting!!! I got the grand prize im was amazed I won it!

Its an EDF= Electric ducted fan and has elevons for control Shoudl finish it with in the next few days and whould be alot of fun to fl during those windy days!!

Andrew
andrewtexas123 is offline Find More Posts by andrewtexas123
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 22, 2009, 12:16 PM
Have you seen my nut?
Omaha, Nebraska
Joined Mar 2006
2,417 Posts
Hey Andrew,

I just got one of these from a club member to put together for him. Let me know how your maiden goes. I think the weather in Texas is a little more model friendly then in Nebraska...lol
Lithonion is offline Find More Posts by Lithonion
Old Feb 22, 2009, 01:35 PM
United States, CA, San Ramon
Joined Mar 2006
438 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithonion
Hey Andrew,

I just got one of these from a club member to put together for him. Let me know how your maiden goes. I think the weather in Texas is a little more model friendly then in Nebraska...lol

Hehe my name always throws people off I made that name when I lived in Houston but now I live out in the east bay, CA.. I will definitely let you know how the maiden goes but today and last week it rained on my flying day Maybe in a week! But our weather probably still beats yours!

One tip is to take your time installing the motor mount and if the EDF case is a tight fit (Screwing down) then drill out the wood mount so it fits better and if you have to get a bigger washer.

Andrew
andrewtexas123 is offline Find More Posts by andrewtexas123
Old Feb 23, 2009, 01:16 AM
Have you seen my nut?
Omaha, Nebraska
Joined Mar 2006
2,417 Posts
Well, I started the build tonight and I ran into an issue. This will be the third world models plane I have built, and the third that the controll rod hangs up. I am finding the rudder controll rod is dragging. I had the Unijet and the elevator on that hung up. And I also have the Zero EP also elevator hangs and I never fixed it, just parked the plane...lol

I have built, scratch built alot of planes over the years and I have to say for what they charge for these things they could do a better job.

Let me know how yours turns out. I might pull the whole control rod out and replace it with something of real quality.
Old Mar 01, 2009, 09:06 PM
Have you seen my nut?
Omaha, Nebraska
Joined Mar 2006
2,417 Posts
Well, the plane is done waiting for the owner to say when for maiden. I am pretty sure he wants me to maiden cause he has never flown delta's or EDFs.
Old Mar 06, 2009, 01:57 AM
Have you seen my nut?
Omaha, Nebraska
Joined Mar 2006
2,417 Posts
Took it out today. I maidened it for my friend and though the build was not par with a good arf it was a good flyer. We had some wind and this little plane had no problem in it. It did want to drop the nose pretty hard in turns. Harder then any other deltas I have ever flew but forgot it had rudder at first. So I did some turns with using the rudder to counter the nose drop and it banked them all so smooth.

The only problem we had is when I landed the nose wheel came off even though I CAed the wheel colar and rolled away. We never did find it.. So its getting a real wheel for the next flight.