SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by dougalert, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 17, 2009, 09:59 PM
Joined Nov 2003
158 Posts
Trader Rating: 17
For Sale
Imperfect Pike Perfect $700 "SOLD"

There is nothing perfect about this Pike Perfect. The pictures do not adequately convey the defects. Last spring I was flying alone using a hands free retriever and got caught on the winch line. No problem, circle to the turnaround and land. Problem, I had stepped on the retriever switch and brought the arm up. The retriever line snatched the plane out of the air at about 50 feet. Hit the ground with the nose and right wing. Major bummer!

I did a quick and dirty fix and flew the plane all of last season. That is eight two day contests. The spar was not damaged and the wing is sound. Ugly but sound.

So, what was damaged? Lets start with the fuse. It folded half way between the wing and tail. This was the hardest but best looking repair. Popped it straight and shot the cracks with CA. Opened up a window and straightened the elevator pushrod (solid rod). Sleeved the rudder pushrod (hollow). Reattached the guides. Replaced the window. Wrapped with 5.6 oz. carbon on the bias. Shot with Krylon. Fuse is dead straight and strong.

Center panel. Soft places that have been CAed. Something ugly is under the flag sticker from a previous owner. Chips at both joiners where they were improperly installed (not me!). Various imperfections.

Right tip. Damage close to root. Bottom was the worst. Shot that with flat black to hide the Bondo.

Left tip. Least damage. One place near root CAed. Tip trailing edge chipped.

Tails. Chip on tip of right half.

All digital servos in good shape. Unknown battery, worked all of last year. I am keeping the receiver.

The plane looks doesn't look bad from twenty feet. Weight is 79 oz. Flys like a Perfect.

I would prefer to sell locally so that the buyer can see the plane themselves. I am 15 miles from Eagle Butte here in Eastern Washington. Will ship if you really want the plane. I will request that you sign a waiver indicating that you won't hold me liable if you can't tell if the plane was damaged in shipping.

Questions welcome, Doug
dougalert is offline Find More Posts by dougalert
Last edited by dougalert; Jan 18, 2009 at 05:11 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 18, 2009, 10:47 AM
AMA 3959
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Oct 2002
1,459 Posts
Trader Rating: 10
Doug

Not a bad deal for a Pike and don't mean to hijack the thread but would be interested in any info on the tripod holder. I have the tripod. Thanks for any info.
Al
AMA 3959
alstrahm is offline Find More Posts by alstrahm
Old Jan 18, 2009, 12:19 PM
On the banana boat
San Diego,Montgomery
Joined Oct 2004
847 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
Doug, if you are willing to ship I am willing to buy. The only condition is that we both agree if I am not happy with the condition of the less than Perfect Pike, that you will take the plane back. I am willing to pay you asking price of $700.00 + shipping. In the event that we agree to return I will pay return shipping.

Philip
who prefers less than perfect planes
Throne is offline Find More Posts by Throne
Old Jan 18, 2009, 05:10 PM
Joined Nov 2003
158 Posts
Trader Rating: 17
Hi Philip, That sounds like a great idea. I would rather not sell the plane than have the buyer regret the deal. I am going to put "sold" in the title of the post but not close the thread until our deal is concluded. I will PM you and we can work out the details.......Doug
dougalert is offline Find More Posts by dougalert
Closed Thread