Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 10, 2003, 12:02 AM
Vertical Wake
visalia ca
Joined Dec 2002
734 Posts
Source for scale warbird decals?

Does anybody have a link for decals? My LOH is awful in that respect.
splatman is offline Find More Posts by splatman
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 10, 2003, 01:50 AM
Blacksburg, VA 24060 USA
Joined Feb 2000
3,178 Posts
splatman,

try Major Decals

http://www.btown.com/sheldons/listing/maj.html

Their stuff appears to be for .40 -- .60-size IC models, and thereabouts.

Or try a Web search using Major Decals.

Jim Ruggiero
JRuggiero is offline Find More Posts by JRuggiero
Old Mar 10, 2003, 08:10 AM
ARFs make me BARF
United States, MI, Roseville
Joined Dec 2000
8,862 Posts
Major has decals all the way down to 1/16 scale I think. I know I have bought 1/14 from them....

Mark
mrittinger is offline Find More Posts by mrittinger
Old Mar 10, 2003, 08:38 AM
Involuntary Beta Tester
Joined Jan 2002
8,288 Posts
I went to that link and found British WW2 40 sized but no description of what they look like.

What do you get in a decal sheet? Is it like a plastic model decal sheet but bigger? Do you get sqaudron, serial number, tail fin markings? Or are they just the roundals for the wing and fuse.

Sooner or later I'll want to recover my Kyosho Spit. The current markings are part of the Kyosho covering so they aren't available separately.

Thanks

Kelvin
kelvin is offline Find More Posts by kelvin
Old Mar 10, 2003, 12:09 PM
littleton, colorado
Joined Jan 2003
307 Posts
guillows decals

splatman, for smaller warbird decals (30 inch span or so) give paul k. guillows a call. sorry i don't have their number handy, but you can do a search on the web.
after seeing the lousy silver-trimmed "stars and bars" that came with my gws mustang, i ordered the decals for the guillows p-47 thunderbolt. the decals work great with micro-sol setting solution. they look painted on, and they come with squadron codes and "kill markings". the price is also great at just $2.00 a set.
i ordered a bunch of other decals (b-17, b-24, stuka, p-38, spitfire, and corsair) to have a variety on hand for future projects. they look perfect for the gws warbirds. the only downside is that the british roundels are only in red, blue, and white- no yellow. all in all though, a great deal and the lady i talked with at guillows was super-nice and helpful. customer service like that is hard to beat. good luck and have fun!
sgonzo is offline Find More Posts by sgonzo
Old Mar 10, 2003, 03:15 PM
Stavanger Sola, Norway
Joined Oct 2000
581 Posts
Splatman
You could try this one:www.pyramidmodels.com
quick service and good products.
Helge
Helge Sondresen is offline Find More Posts by Helge Sondresen
Old Mar 10, 2003, 09:40 PM
Vertical Wake
visalia ca
Joined Dec 2002
734 Posts
Thanks for all the help guys. I never thought of Guillows. The are usually very complete; kinda like plastic kits. I'm trying to find the US marking that had the white star on the blue circle(no red dot) WITHOUT the bars. pretty tough so far. This is for a 60" span bomber.
splatman is offline Find More Posts by splatman
Old Mar 10, 2003, 10:46 PM
Granby, CT, USA
Joined Jan 2001
940 Posts
Major decals

I am holding a 1/12 scale set of 'Major Decals' early US wwII, star-in-a-circle, red dot is optional. This set is for 'US Stars', set #7000. This set contains 2 each 3 3/8" diameter star-in-circle national markings, and 2 each 2 1/4" diameter of same, and a pair of squadron logos, a white skeleton holding a scythe (grim reaper?) on a blue background. And a bunch of red dots for the centers of the national markings.

No letters/numbers/stencilling.

Business is 'Northeast Screen Graphics', 800-557-5617. Best to call for sizes, choices, Eastern Standard Time business hours.
PeterH is offline Find More Posts by PeterH