HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 16, 2009, 04:36 PM
Waitsfield, VT
Joined Dec 2007
110 Posts
Question
wiring harness for 2-servo wing

Any suggestions on how best to simplify my aileron and flap servo wire connections into a single plug (4-pin or 6-pin?). I want to connect inside the fuse where the wires will then continue on to the rx.

I wanted to do a 'hard' mount where the opposing sockets, say the male in the wing root and the female in the fuselage, would connect as a wing panel slides into place, but I've been advised that this will be too susceptible to vibrations.

Unless someone out there has had success doing this....

The alternative I'll call a 'soft' connection where I put the wing wire socket ('harness') through the fuselage to an awaiting opposite plug.

Any suggestions from you master modelers out there would be appreciated - especially a wiring diagram if I go with a 4-pin harness. Is it 'power' and 'ground' from each of the two servos wired together respectively, and then the two power leads put on one center pin, and the two grounds put on the other center pin and finally the 'signal' wires separately on the remaining outer two?

I've seen it diagramed here somewhere.

Or, I just go with 6-pin multiplex connectors, so each wire of the two servos has it's own pin?

Thanks - Peter

ps - see my Aerodrome Models Stinson build thread about this project
pboynton is offline Find More Posts by pboynton
to remove ads between posts