HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 16, 2009, 03:46 PM
Joined May 2008
4 Posts
Discussion
Brand confusion: MARIU-OEM vs HL Tiger 1

I did some forum searches but didn't get any hits so:

Can someone clarify for me if a MARIU-OEM is the same as the HL Tiger 1 or is it a different animal?
http://www.zhobby.com/huma1getiirc.html

Regardless - does anyone have experience with the MARIU-OEM brand? Is it at least reasonably reliable?

Are there any compatible aftermarket parts to improve performance and reliability?

The price point makes it an attractive entry level tank but if it's going to break down during every run, I'd rather save my money for something more expensive I don't have to constantly repair. :-)

Thanks,

-A
arslaan is offline Find More Posts by arslaan
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 16, 2009, 05:16 PM
kent, england
Joined Dec 2008
91 Posts
that tiger has a "one track" mind !!
boxerdog is offline Find More Posts by boxerdog
Old Jan 16, 2009, 07:49 PM
Wilson
Peterborough Ontario Canada
Joined Feb 2008
221 Posts
The Tiger 1 looks like a HL to me
R/CJohn is offline Find More Posts by R/CJohn
Old Jan 16, 2009, 08:00 PM
Escondido, California
Joined Apr 2007
925 Posts
Its the non proportional drive Heng Long tank! No sounds and the speed is stop and fast! Believe me get the Smoke and Version, for a few bucks more you get a better radio, expandiable electonics, proprtional drive, and if your lucky or buy from one of us guys who check their tanks before we sell then you will get a working smoker unit!

The Blitz
Blitzkrieg65 is offline Find More Posts by Blitzkrieg65
Old Jan 16, 2009, 09:17 PM
Joined May 2008
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg65
Its the non proportional drive Heng Long tank! No sounds and the speed is stop and fast! Believe me get the Smoke and Version, for a few bucks more you get a better radio, expandiable electonics, proprtional drive, and if your lucky or buy from one of us guys who check their tanks before we sell then you will get a working smoker unit!

The Blitz

Thanks for the clarification. I'll have to educate myself further before I do any actual shopping. :-)

-A
arslaan is offline Find More Posts by arslaan