HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
This thread is privately moderated by adreher, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 01:46 PM
Hold my Beer and watch this!
silent_guru's Avatar
USA, MA, Brockton
Joined Sep 2007
291 Posts
Brilliant! Gonna stop at Walmart tonight
silent_guru is offline Find More Posts by silent_guru
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 16, 2012, 02:10 PM
Old age is not for sissies
Azarr's Avatar
Dayton Intl, Ohio, United States
Joined Jan 2000
7,836 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by greyflight390 View Post
What a cool idea. With a clear coat could even use else where, fuel.
Thanks for sharing that.
It's possible the clear coat could affect the ink, I haven't tried it yet.

Azarr
Azarr is offline Find More Posts by Azarr
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2012, 03:29 PM
Kit Manufacturer
coreman's Avatar
United States, MA, Southbridge
Joined Feb 2010
3,517 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azarr View Post
It's possible the clear coat could affect the ink, I haven't tried it yet.

Azarr
Light dusting coats initially and build it up slowing letting it dry as you go. As long as you avoid a heavy wetting coat it should be doable. I look forward to hearing how it works
coreman is offline Find More Posts by coreman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Heading to the NEAT Fair
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2012, 05:50 PM
Registered User
Joined Jun 2010
43 Posts
Here are the wings for my Yak 55. Learned a few tricks, check out the dams to keep paint from blowing under the trasition of thr KFM step or the bevel at the hinge line. Also you can pin down a sharp point on the out side (like the points of the star), you'll never see it.

(After posting picture, realized I had the design wrong on the tail. Funny I noticed it in a pic and not in front of me?)
scot88 is offline Find More Posts by scot88
Last edited by scot88; Feb 19, 2012 at 06:35 PM. Reason: Had to fix design on tail
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2012, 05:57 PM
Kit Manufacturer
coreman's Avatar
United States, MA, Southbridge
Joined Feb 2010
3,517 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scot88 View Post
Here are the wings for my Yak 55. Learned a few tricks, check out the dams to keep paint from blowing under the trasition of thr KFM step or the bevel at the hinge line. Also you can pin down a sharp point on the out side (like the points of the star), you'll never see it.
Sure can't argue with the results. Can't wait to see the final assembly
coreman is offline Find More Posts by coreman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Heading to the NEAT Fair
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2012, 10:04 PM
Registered User
Joined Jun 2010
43 Posts
Here it is all glued-up, came out pretty close to the real thing.
scot88 is offline Find More Posts by scot88
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2012, 10:13 PM
Kit Manufacturer
coreman's Avatar
United States, MA, Southbridge
Joined Feb 2010
3,517 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scot88 View Post
Here it is all glued-up, came out pretty close to the real thing.
very very nice!
coreman is offline Find More Posts by coreman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Heading to the NEAT Fair
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2012, 10:20 PM
Registered User
Joined Jun 2010
43 Posts
Could't have done it without this this thread! Thanks adreher
scot88 is offline Find More Posts by scot88
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2012, 08:24 PM
Fly'em like you Stole'em
MikeMcChiken's Avatar
The Gehto,Ca.
Joined Jun 2008
1,113 Posts
I like that with the silver . Touch of Class there . Can I plajorize your scheme ?
MikeMcChiken is offline Find More Posts by MikeMcChiken
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2012, 10:21 PM
Registered User
Joined Jun 2010
43 Posts
Plajorize?
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1326839
scot88 is offline Find More Posts by scot88
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2012, 03:15 AM
Total Noob
bkboggy's Avatar
United States, CA, Yucaipa
Joined Nov 2008
542 Posts
Hey guys, does anyone know an affordable air brush setup? I don't have a lot left in my budget (trying to pay off things) and I've been spending quiet a bit lately on myself.... so, I need help finding a good airbrush setup. I have a small Delwat compressor for my nail guns, so I'm wondering if there are any adapters I can use so that I won't have to buy a new one. Yeah, those large tool compressors are loud, but since I already have one, why waste money. I've never airbrushed before, so this beginner setup would be good for leaning, if there's one available. Everything I've seen has been around $80-100 and I don't have that available right now. If that's what it takes to get something workable, then I'll just wait until Christmas to get one.
bkboggy is offline Find More Posts by bkboggy
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2012, 04:16 AM
Kit Manufacturer
coreman's Avatar
United States, MA, Southbridge
Joined Feb 2010
3,517 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkboggy View Post
Hey guys, does anyone know an affordable air brush setup? I don't have a lot left in my budget (trying to pay off things) and I've been spending quiet a bit lately on myself.... so, I need help finding a good airbrush setup. I have a small Delwat compressor for my nail guns, so I'm wondering if there are any adapters I can use so that I won't have to buy a new one. Yeah, those large tool compressors are loud, but since I already have one, why waste money. I've never airbrushed before, so this beginner setup would be good for leaning, if there's one available. Everything I've seen has been around $80-100 and I don't have that available right now. If that's what it takes to get something workable, then I'll just wait until Christmas to get one.
Do you have a Harbor Freight near by? They have a deluxe airbrush for $15 that is very serviceable and they also carry regulators and hoses and such. it you use their 20% off coupons you can get set up pretty cheaply to see if you like it.
coreman is offline Find More Posts by coreman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Heading to the NEAT Fair
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2012, 06:46 AM
Registered User
Slovakia, Veľký Krtíš
Joined Dec 2006
676 Posts
And here is my last EPP paint work, 2,0m C-130 Hercules and my own color scheme...ENJOY

MORE INFOS AND PICTURES FROM MY BUILD:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1570430
pajlotmato is online now Find More Posts by pajlotmato
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2012, 07:17 AM
RC Toys R 4 White Trash
Dan5.0's Avatar
Joined Dec 2008
4,090 Posts
Very nice!
Dan5.0 is offline Find More Posts by Dan5.0
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2012, 10:28 AM
Seattle, WA - USA
mark_q's Avatar
Joined Sep 2003
3,299 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreman View Post
Do you have a Harbor Freight near by? They have a deluxe airbrush for $15 that is very serviceable and they also carry regulators and hoses and such. it you use their 20% off coupons you can get set up pretty cheaply to see if you like it.
I agree!, find a Harbor Freight or use their online store. Yes it is cheap and yes it works very well. Here is a link to their airbrush stuff:

http://www.harborfreight.com/catalog...ult?q=airbrush

The deluxe kit is a dual action unit (good). You'll also want the hose and the adapter shown in the pictures. The total is around $30 for all three.

There is also an inexpensive single action kit that has everything for $12.99 but I think you will do much better with the dual action unit.

mark
mark_q is offline Find More Posts by mark_q
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: TBS Disco Gimbal Update
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tips for Taking Videos? kelvin Electric Plane Talk 48 Apr 18, 2003 01:55 PM
Scratch builder's miniture miter at harbour freight splatman Scale Kit/Scratch Built 0 Feb 08, 2003 11:46 PM
Gimme some paint scheme ideas for the Pico Jet Pierre Audette Foamies (Kits) 7 May 23, 2002 08:32 AM
New Zagi 400x builder, any tips for me? slowflyer Foamies (Kits) 16 May 09, 2001 04:28 PM