HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by adreher, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 03:06 PM
Professional Pixel Flyer....
United States, VT, Weathersfield
Joined Dec 2005
363 Posts
The one in my second link is the compressor I have, it is as quiet as my computer when it runs (the GMC Cyclone)
RightcoastRC is offline Find More Posts by RightcoastRC
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 16, 2012, 08:08 PM
Whatever goes up must go BOOM
United States, OH, Kent
Joined Mar 2012
2,197 Posts
Oh, I cant really afford that much though......I am only 11.

-joker
joker24458 is online now Find More Posts by joker24458
Old Dec 17, 2012, 09:31 AM
Foam alone.
Portsmouth England
Joined Feb 2005
589 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGloriousfall View Post
hi guys,

i just received my paascheV set yesterday, this thread is gonna be very usefull to try to use it the best way!

here are some pictures of a french guy that gave me the envy to learn airbrush technics, i guess a lot of hours to spend before having the same result...
Thanks for sharing. The eagle looks stunning, would love to have a go at something like that
garyholland is offline Find More Posts by garyholland
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Hacker Models Cz Vagabond
Old Dec 17, 2012, 02:20 PM
Callsign: Jolly Roger
Ridgecrest California
Joined Jun 2006
597 Posts
Joker you are a perfect age to learn to airbrush. I have a load compressor but just leave it outside and run a hose in. Also if you manage to get one there are several learning airbrush techniques available online. Your art department at school may be able to provide you with information and help learing to airbrush.
MyDigitalParadis is offline Find More Posts by MyDigitalParadis
Old Dec 17, 2012, 07:30 PM
Kit Manufacturer
United States, MA, Southbridge
Joined Feb 2010
3,568 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyholland View Post
Thanks for sharing. The eagle looks stunning, would love to have a go at something like that
I would love to see it where your work is always so amazing Gary. I'm lucky to get crisp lines
coreman is offline Find More Posts by coreman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: And into the winter season...
Old Dec 17, 2012, 10:44 PM
I ask a lot of questions.
Canada, AB, Airdrie
Joined Aug 2012
211 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyDigitalParadis View Post
Joker you are a perfect age to learn to airbrush. I have a load compressor but just leave it outside and run a hose in. Also if you manage to get one there are several learning airbrush techniques available online. Your art department at school may be able to provide you with information and help learing to airbrush.
+1
Since price is definitely an issue for Joker (I remember being penny-less at that age ) there is always the good ol' tire tube method. Had a buddy studying art, and he could paint some fantastic stuff while sitting on an inner tube ....and helps keep pressure off your haemorrhoids !! LOL
Disco Stew is offline Find More Posts by Disco Stew
Old Dec 18, 2012, 07:47 AM
Grand Rapids, MI
Joined Jun 2005
1,507 Posts
Is there a good way to minimize the pinholes in depron before/after painting? My template had a lot of curves so required a lot of pins to keep the edge down...but now I've got 100 pinholes in the foam.
Hornetnz is offline Find More Posts by Hornetnz
Old Dec 18, 2012, 09:14 AM
Foam alone.
Portsmouth England
Joined Feb 2005
589 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornetnz View Post
Is there a good way to minimize the pinholes in depron before/after painting? My template had a lot of curves so required a lot of pins to keep the edge down...but now I've got 100 pinholes in the foam.
I usually stick a pin in each end, for alignment, then weight the rest down with coins. Airbrush pressures are so low, the paint never creeps under the mask. Unless of course, you're painting full fuselage etc rather than flat foam?

Gary
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 18, 2012, 09:16 AM
Fly lower!
West Texas
Joined Jan 2005
2,391 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornetnz View Post
I use metal washers to hold the poster board in place works great, and no holes to deal with.

aerolite
aerolite is offline Find More Posts by aerolite
Old Dec 18, 2012, 09:16 AM
Foam alone.
Portsmouth England
Joined Feb 2005
589 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreman View Post
I would love to see it where your work is always so amazing Gary. I'm lucky to get crisp lines
Thanks Coreman,

Painting crisp lines does get somewhat tedious. Would be nice to paint something a little more free form for a change
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 18, 2012, 09:21 AM
Fly lower!
West Texas
Joined Jan 2005
2,391 Posts
Here is a link to my post about using washers for weight, with photos and examples. Sorry I didn't include it on my above post.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=530
aerolite
aerolite is offline Find More Posts by aerolite
Old Dec 18, 2012, 09:30 AM
Kit Manufacturer
United States, MA, Southbridge
Joined Feb 2010
3,568 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyholland View Post
Thanks Coreman,

Painting crisp lines does get somewhat tedious. Would be nice to paint something a little more free form for a change
Your stuff is always inspiring works of art. I don't know how people can fly some of your commissioned works

I watch the videos and understand the concepts and see the amazing outcomes and can't just DO it
coreman is offline Find More Posts by coreman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: And into the winter season...
Old Dec 18, 2012, 09:39 AM
Luis Claudio - Rio - Brazil
Brasil, RJ, Rio de Janeiro
Joined Apr 2005
2,456 Posts
Wow, its amazing

Do you have a link from the building of this hawk? More details please!

Lovely and so scale predator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGloriousfall View Post
hi guys,

i just received my paascheV set yesterday, this thread is gonna be very usefull to try to use it the best way!

here are some pictures of a french guy that gave me the envy to learn airbrush technics, i guess a lot of hours to spend before having the same result...
Luis_Claudio is offline Find More Posts by Luis_Claudio
Old Dec 18, 2012, 12:40 PM
Grand Rapids, MI
Joined Jun 2005
1,507 Posts
Washers are a good idea, if the mask is big enough. In this case, I was masking a thin wavy line...so that wouldn't work.
Hornetnz is offline Find More Posts by Hornetnz
Old Dec 18, 2012, 06:49 PM
Whatever goes up must go BOOM
United States, OH, Kent
Joined Mar 2012
2,197 Posts
So, I am looking at this at the moment. Is it quiet enough to work with inside? If not can someone suggest a quieter one for the same price? I feel like I've asked this before but I forget what thread it was in so I dont know the link.......:embarrased:

http://www.harborfreight.com/13-hors...sor-69269.html

-joker
joker24458 is online now Find More Posts by joker24458