Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 15, 2009, 09:10 PM
United States, CT, Guilford
Joined Nov 2008
1,419 Posts
Discussion
new art-tech mig 15 (pic)

well guys, it arrived today. i can't tell you how pleased i am with it! it went together in typical art-tech fashion....quick and easy. this jet is so good looking that it is suitable to hang as a display model. the only difficulty that i had is due to the plane's design. there really is no electronics compartment. everything gets squished into the cockpit area, under the canopy. i had to use a different rx than the one i was planning to use because it didn't fit. anyways, most likely won't be able to maiden for a few days when the winds die down. looking forward to flying this plane!
rob737 is offline Find More Posts by rob737
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 15, 2009, 09:12 PM
tom
USA, LA, Natchitoches
Joined Apr 2004
1,579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob737
well guys, it arrived today. i can't tell you how pleased i am with it! it went together in typical art-tech fashion....quick and easy. this jet is so good looking that it is suitable to hang as a display model. the only difficulty that i had is due to the plane's design. there really is no electronics compartment. everything gets squished into the cockpit area, under the canopy. i had to use a different rx than the one i was planning to use because it didn't fit. anyways, most likely won't be able to maiden for a few days when the winds die down. looking forward to flying this plane!
SWEET, cant wait to hear how it flies, good job!!
tomme21 is offline Find More Posts by tomme21
Old Jan 15, 2009, 09:16 PM
Joined Nov 2008
1,419 Posts
thanks! all of my other art techs are great flyers, hoping for the same with this one. weather is awful, cold and windy for the next few days...otherwise i would maiden tomorrow.
Old Jan 16, 2009, 01:37 AM
WiggleWiggleWiggle
South Australia
Joined Jan 2008
6,054 Posts
Can you get to the fan and remove it easily or is it sealed in?
Looks fantastic by the way.
ozzi supercub is offline Find More Posts by ozzi supercub
Old Jan 16, 2009, 06:32 AM
Joined Nov 2008
1,419 Posts
thanks, i still can't get over this plane's good looks. unfortunately the edf unit is sealed in there. i am also flying the starmax f9 and the sapac (foam) t45, which allow very easy access to the fan units. on this art tech, it would require some major surgery with a fillet knife to get to the power unit. a draw back for sure, and i hope nothing goes wrong with it!
Old Jan 16, 2009, 09:29 AM
Have you seen my nut?
Omaha, Nebraska
Joined Mar 2006
2,417 Posts
I have been looking at this plane, I always liked the mig. I was wondering if the EDF is fully enclosed? I have seen alot of arf foamies with the cheese grader openings in the bottem...how ugly is that...

And super request here...If you can get a video that would be great. I was going to order an F-4 before summer, but I have really been looking at this little bird.

If its a great little flyer, I was thinking wowplanes liquid sheeting on the bottem and hand launch with no gear and belly flop landings. That thing would look so sweet with no gear flying by.

Thanks
Lithonion is offline Find More Posts by Lithonion
Old Jan 16, 2009, 02:15 PM
Joined Nov 2008
1,419 Posts
sir.......no cheeze grader holes on this one, and no cheater holes either! its very true to scale. as far as a video, i don't have a camera for that, sorry! i bought it from banana hobby (couldn't find anyone else that was going to carry it)....they usually post flight videos so watch their website. i tried the little starmax f4.....be careful with that one! it also looks really good, but it's tricky. mine and a few others ended up in pieces (it can tuck badly in a turn unless you fly it very fast). the weather here should improve enough to go fly this plane in a few days, i'll post a flight report and some better pics then. i acually like gear because i enjoy the take offs and landings quite a bit, but i know many like to handlaunch. i'll try to get an idea of this planes power and performance potential when i maiden it.
Old Jan 16, 2009, 03:19 PM
Have you seen my nut?
Omaha, Nebraska
Joined Mar 2006
2,417 Posts
Thanks for the info. I actually hate hand launch but I think this plane would be very easy. I have flown alot of deltas and 140+ mph planes so I think the F-4 would be ok for me. I had a Mirage but radio hit ended the life of that one. That was fun to fly and yes you had to stay on the sticks and not blink when turning...

No prob with the video. I have been watching BH but I know Pete is up to his eyebrows in work so he is limited I am sure on new vids. But right now its a coin toss on the F-4 or this Mig. They both look very good.
Old Jan 16, 2009, 04:03 PM
Joined Nov 2008
1,419 Posts
wow, you are way ahead of me on the flying skills. in that case, go for the f-4 too!!! sounds like you can handle those slick jets (i have been doing a lot better with jets with more conventional strait wings). i too had a mirage.....it was a junky riccs that fell apart on me. but, it did look very cool the couple of times i got good flights out of it.
Old Jan 16, 2009, 04:14 PM
Have you seen my nut?
Omaha, Nebraska
Joined Mar 2006
2,417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob737
wow, you are way ahead of me on the flying skills. in that case, go for the f-4 too!!! sounds like you can handle those slick jets (i have been doing a lot better with jets with more conventional strait wings). i too had a mirage.....it was a junky riccs that fell apart on me. but, it did look very cool the couple of times i got good flights out of it.
I have been flying sence the early 80's, I quit for a few years due to the military first, then wife second. So got rid of the wife and got back into the hobby.

Thats the one I had, the riccs. I liked it but......I did have ESC issues. If you flew at full throttle for more then a minute it would overheat and shut down the motor. But I liked how you could dead stick harrier that thing in.

And I would love to get both, but I promissed myself I would go easy this year. I got like 12 planes last year and my youngest son graduates this year so I am sure he needs a few things....

But next year...its on....
Old Jan 16, 2009, 04:49 PM
Joined Nov 2008
1,419 Posts
sorry about the "bumps in the road," but glad you are back flying. i started about two years ago with the hz supercub (self-taught, hah! ....more like self-crashed). presently flying the pz t28 and corsair, a bunch of chinese made ww2 fighters, and of course the three jets which are all pretty new. (that's it with the purchase for me too for a while, or i'll be the next one getting divorced).

the starmax f4 was really beautiful. i probably got in over my skill level with that one. but, i feel the quality on my mirage was poor. the entire nose wheel assembly broke on the first landing, and it was a good one on pavement. things went down hill from there. it was very underpowered, as verified by some other threads on the forum. but, it looked cool for sure.

i would love another delta winged jet, and have been looking at the art tech eurofighter (since i have such good luck with this brand). maybe when the finaces get caught up a bit.

i finished up the mig this afternoon (last couple of items i needed to do, like run the antenna wire out, etc). it's flight ready, just need the weather to cooperate!

rob
Old Jan 16, 2009, 05:10 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
21,590 Posts
rob, where did you get this baby from?
corsair nut is online now Find More Posts by corsair nut
Old Jan 16, 2009, 05:37 PM
Joined Nov 2008
1,419 Posts
from banana hobby, here's the link:

http://www.bananahobby.com/1807.html

i hunted around on every model website that i know looking for this one when it was announced almost a year ago (hoping to find it available for purchase). banana is the only place to get it that i am aware of.

one thing, the belly on mine is a beautiful powder blue, not white as in the photos on the link.

rob
Old Jan 16, 2009, 10:18 PM
Have you seen my nut?
Omaha, Nebraska
Joined Mar 2006
2,417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair nut
rob, where did you get this baby from?
You know you will have to order your Dad one.....
Old Jan 16, 2009, 10:29 PM
Have you seen my nut?
Omaha, Nebraska
Joined Mar 2006
2,417 Posts
Ok, with corsair nut looking at this plane every EDF flyer out there will know about it.......

So I just ordered mine.

rob, does it look like 2100 packs would fit in the plane. I don't care for that odd 1600 size. I have like 8 2100 packs I could use. I can get the CG and just add 1/2 oz of wieght to the 1600 pack so I can use that one too.