HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 13, 2009, 10:47 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
22,444 Posts
good news guys! Ben was kind enough to share the plans with me, so ill be doing a 75% panther, for a 50mm micro fan! should be sweet! ill be sure to post pics once i start. i know the panther is a great flying bird in general, and im sure ben's wont disapoint! i plan to keep it simple(i know...me..simple?) but hey...everybody needs a nice easy one! ill probably build along side a 75% shumate T-38 pusher ....couple of park birds!
corsair nut is offline Find More Posts by corsair nut
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 13, 2009, 10:52 PM
Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
Joined Sep 2003
4,763 Posts
can't wait to see how she turns out brent! do you think you'd bring her to vegas as well?
-beanie
beanie is offline Find More Posts by beanie
Old Feb 14, 2009, 12:01 AM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
22,444 Posts
heck yes! i might even do a real light glass job on this one....has to be purdy you know.. also, i ran the micro fan setup on 4s, and the #'s were impresive...about 350W. puts out GREAT thrust, and sounds nice to boot! but i think 3s is the more "logical" setup. about 150-160W, which, is only about 10 oz of thrust....so the model will have to be kept below 14 oz to fly decent on 3s. its doable for sure, but i sure would like to fly it on 4s. good news...is that ill be able to do scale inlets/tail pipe even at 75%.
Old Feb 14, 2009, 06:32 AM
Crystal River Fl.
Joined Jul 2008
3,681 Posts
Wow! CN,, can't wait to see you start on this one. I was hoping Beanie after the F100 would pick this one back up and go with it, I want to build this bird too. I just completed Steve's Super Bandit for the 70mm fan. It flies great, not a bullet but I'm using a cheap fan and motor it in. Do you like the 50mm size better than the 70mm?? Walt
Waltjg is offline Find More Posts by Waltjg
Old Feb 14, 2009, 06:43 AM
Joined Sep 2003
4,763 Posts
walt- don't worry, i'll get back into the F-9F after the F-100. i just had too many projects going on at once and this bird seemed to generate the least interest of the 3 builds, so i put her on the back burner. also, the other 2 have already been maidened, so as soon as i finish the build pics, i can post thier pics. i don't think blake has come close to maidening this bird yet. CN- i'm hoping you can breathe some life back into this thread!
-beanie
Old Feb 14, 2009, 07:37 AM
Now in TN!
Chapel Hill, TN USA
Joined Apr 2001
24,574 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair nut
good news guys! Ben was kind enough to share the plans with me, so ill be doing a 75% panther, for a 50mm micro fan! should be sweet! ill be sure to post pics once i start. i know the panther is a great flying bird in general, and im sure ben's wont disapoint! i plan to keep it simple(i know...me..simple?) but hey...everybody needs a nice easy one! ill probably build along side a 75% shumate T-38 pusher ....couple of park birds!

Nice to have you back in the fold son.

J
J Morgan is offline Find More Posts by J Morgan
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: OV-10A Bronco from Palmer Plans
Old Feb 14, 2009, 11:30 AM
San diego, Ca.
Joined Jun 2006
1,436 Posts
Ben, I'm working at it. I'm hoping I'll have it ready to maiden in about 3 weeks. That sounds pretty optimistic though. We'll see.

FJ
FlyJumper is offline Find More Posts by FlyJumper
Old Feb 14, 2009, 01:34 PM
Crystal River Fl.
Joined Jul 2008
3,681 Posts
I'm watching this thread too. Im in the middle of the Mig21 and looking forward to the F100, but this is in the hunt too! AND then Nut jumps in with a edf idea for it! This thread is gona get HOT!!!!! Beanie, no sweat, I still haven't did the finish work on my Bandit either! So many planes!!! So little time!!! hehehheheee... SUCH FUN!!! Walt
Old Feb 15, 2009, 11:33 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
22,444 Posts
good news! i printed up the plans tonight, they are about 85% or so. i wont know until i tape them together and measure but it looks perfect for the micro fan. since ill be in a hotel for the next few weeks....i may just have to build this on the desk...maybe frame it in balsa, and skin in FFF take it home...glass it...and fly it!
Old Feb 15, 2009, 11:36 PM
San diego, Ca.
Joined Jun 2006
1,436 Posts
85%, wow that's going to be pretty small. Should be neat when you get it going 100mph or so.

FJ
FlyJumper is offline Find More Posts by FlyJumper
Old Feb 15, 2009, 11:38 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
22,444 Posts
well, maybe 80-90mph... i wanted it big enough to fit a 2200 4s... weight is no object here....well...kinda. on 4s, ifi can keep the weight to 20oz, it should fly really nice. i might do a slight airfoil, we'll see. if i do the duting right, it should be a quick little bugger :0
Old Feb 16, 2009, 07:08 AM
Crystal River Fl.
Joined Jul 2008
3,681 Posts
CN, Glad to see you do this one! Question, 50mm vs 70mm why did you go with the smaller? Just curious don't know if one is better or you like the smaller??... Anyway, this should be really cool!!! Walt
Old Feb 16, 2009, 07:56 AM
Joined Sep 2003
4,763 Posts
cool CN, can't wait to see how the miniturized version comes out.
-beanie
Old Feb 16, 2009, 11:05 AM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
22,444 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waltjg
CN, Glad to see you do this one! Question, 50mm vs 70mm why did you go with the smaller? Just curious don't know if one is better or you like the smaller??... Anyway, this should be really cool!!! Walt
well..ive been doing alot of 90mm stuff, and now 120mm stuff..i picked up a used micro fan/motor from a guy...and though...hmm..what would be a cool faom bird for this fan? (besides a skyray... ) and i thought....ben's panther! 70mm is great too. that would work great in ben's 100% panther. im about 80-85% for the micro fan, plus, id like to have scale inlets and stuff dont really plan on this one beeing a rocket, just a cool little jet to toss around.
Old Feb 17, 2009, 11:43 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
22,444 Posts
got to hotel, and taped plans together looks like my WS is 28" without tanks. ....building begins....maybe tonight.....