HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 09, 2011, 05:03 PM
Joined Apr 2009
1,574 Posts
No sorry only on the RX-2801,e or pro receivers that I know of.

Don
dbennettya is offline Find More Posts by dbennettya
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 09, 2011, 06:16 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbennettya View Post
The bind plug is different for the Walkera vs Spectrum. For Walkera you insert the bind plug into the battery slot and turn on the RX. Then it erases the exisiting code and goes to random mode. To set the code you don't have the binding plug in. You have to set the code twice in a row for the TX to lock it in. It is very nice and eliminates the binding process and you can't fly anything other than the binded RX with that model....great feature.

Trying to use two different standards for TH & FM are dangerous and not recommended. You can reverse the switches or use the Walkera standard and get a DX8 so you can move the switch positions with software.

YMMV, Don
Thanks for the reply and information!

I think I''ll move the 2801-Pro buttons then, since I am already used to the Spektrum configuration. I have spent a lot of 'mad money' on the hobby, but since I have a DX6i already, it's hard to justify a Dx7 just to soft-program the buttons, but it is good to know it could be done on that radio.

Thanks again for the very useful reply!
tracknoob is offline Find More Posts by tracknoob
Old Mar 09, 2011, 06:21 PM
Joined Apr 2009
1,574 Posts
You can't soft program the DX7 switches, just the DX8 lets you do that.

Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracknoob View Post
Thanks for the reply and information!

I think I''ll move the 2801-Pro buttons then, since I am already used to the Spektrum configuration. I have spent a lot of 'mad money' on the hobby, but since I have a DX6i already, it's hard to justify a Dx7 just to soft-program the buttons, but it is good to know it could be done on that radio.

Thanks again for the very useful reply!
Old Mar 09, 2011, 06:38 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,331 Posts
Quote:
You can't soft program the DX7 switches, just the DX8 lets you do that.

Don
Oops, my error.

Thanks for the correction!
Old Mar 09, 2011, 06:40 PM
United States, OK, Ada
Joined Jun 2007
554 Posts
I moved the switches on my 2801...

You'll find the switches difficult to get in and out of the 2801 and you'll have to extend the wires, but its not all that bad.

No more confusion about where the switches are depending on what I'm flying. Well worth doing!
rcflyair is online now Find More Posts by rcflyair
Old Mar 09, 2011, 06:57 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcflyair View Post
I moved the switches on my 2801...

You'll find the switches difficult to get in and out of the 2801 and you'll have to extend the wires, but its not all that bad.

No more confusion about where the switches are depending on what I'm flying. Well worth doing!

Thanks for the heads-up... I 'have soldering iron/can modify'
Old Apr 08, 2011, 07:41 AM
Indonesia, Tangerang Selatan, Pondok Cabe
Joined Sep 2010
31 Posts
Unsteady Movement On Elevator and Aileron Servo

Hi all, I have WK-2801 Pro TX and RX, I'm using Mode 2, but there is a problem, everytime I move the elevator and aileron stick the elevator and aileron servo does not move smooth, it's moving unsteady like there is glitch between the tx and rx, but it's only happen on the elevator and aileron servo, I need help to solve this problem, thank's.
SAK_080981 is offline Find More Posts by SAK_080981
Old Apr 08, 2011, 02:01 PM
Joined Apr 2009
1,574 Posts
Sounds like issues I had with the original WK-2801 ver 2.1. It would not bind right sometimes and the servos would be jerky instead of smooth. Don't fly when it is like that.

Have you tried setting a bind code into the RX? That may change things.

Also don't use Progmixes for swash leveling. Use end point adjustments instead.

Try turning off swash mixing and see if the individual channels are smooth. Maybe you have the swash mix or something set too high. Maybe the servos have an issue?

Good Luck, Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAK_080981 View Post
Hi all, I have WK-2801 Pro TX and RX, I'm using Mode 2, but there is a problem, everytime I move the elevator and aileron stick the elevator and aileron servo does not move smooth, it's moving unsteady like there is glitch between the tx and rx, but it's only happen on the elevator and aileron servo, I need help to solve this problem, thank's.
Old Apr 08, 2011, 02:05 PM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2007
6,549 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAK_080981 View Post
There was a known servo resolution issue with the pre PRO 2801 TX's and micro heli RXs. The servos would move after binding but in a very "ratchety" manner. Ive never heard of this since the newer firmware of the Pro TX and especially on the Pro 8 channel RX.
The workaround on the micros with this issue was to move the cyclic sticks during binding or many times just starting over and binding again.
Another thing you could try is to change the binding in your TX from "random" to a unique ID code which will bind instantly with the 2801 Pro RX with no delay and see if that changes anything. Its a little tricky to set the code in but the instruction manual describes it well.
Xrayted is offline Find More Posts by Xrayted
Old Apr 09, 2011, 09:11 AM
Indonesia, Tangerang Selatan, Pondok Cabe
Joined Sep 2010
31 Posts
Quote:
Sounds like issues I had with the original WK-2801 ver 2.1. It would not bind right sometimes and the servos would be jerky instead of smooth. Don't fly when it is like that.

Have you tried setting a bind code into the RX? That may change things.

Also don't use Progmixes for swash leveling. Use end point adjustments instead.

Try turning off swash mixing and see if the individual channels are smooth. Maybe you have the swash mix or something set too high. Maybe the servos have an issue?

Good Luck, Don
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xrayted View Post
There was a known servo resolution issue with the pre PRO 2801 TX's and micro heli RXs. The servos would move after binding but in a very "ratchety" manner. Ive never heard of this since the newer firmware of the Pro TX and especially on the Pro 8 channel RX.
The workaround on the micros with this issue was to move the cyclic sticks during binding or many times just starting over and binding again.
Another thing you could try is to change the binding in your TX from "random" to a unique ID code which will bind instantly with the 2801 Pro RX with no delay and see if that changes anything. Its a little tricky to set the code in but the instruction manual describes it well.
Thank's for the reply guys, but I found the problem, it's not because the binding process, there is a corrosion on the elevator and aileron potentiometer that disrupt the flow of electricity on the potentiometer, I used a head cleaner for video & cassette to clean up the corrosion, just spray in to the elevator and aileron potentiometer and move the elevator and aileron stick several time to eliminate the corrosion, now the servo is moving smooth, I also did the same thing on the throttle and rudder potentiometer.
SAK_080981 is offline Find More Posts by SAK_080981
Old Apr 09, 2011, 11:50 AM
Joined Apr 2009
1,574 Posts
Interesting, must be the high humidity or salinity in your area. I haven't heard anyone else report noisy pots in the TX before only one that had a bad spot in a pot.

Good Luck, Don
Old Apr 27, 2011, 06:09 PM
Spain, AL, Priego de Córdoba
Joined Sep 2010
26 Posts
hello, they know the difference between these 2 models?
WALKERA WK-2801PRO
WALKERA WK-2801E

will send an email to Walkera and I replied that there was any difference and do not understand how a station recptor and box is worth less than the other
greetings
bacardis is offline Find More Posts by bacardis
Old Apr 27, 2011, 11:31 PM
Joined Apr 2009
1,574 Posts
Yeah, I never got an answer from them either when I wanted to upgrade the firmware in my old WK-2801.

The WK-2801e is 10mw output and WK-2801pro is 100mw output and of course the e was Ver 2.2 and the pro is ver 2.2 or 2.3 which is the latest.

There was a CCPM change in the software between Ver 2.1 and 2.3 but I don't know if it happened in ver 2.2 or 2.3. All I know is I had to totally re-setup my helis from ver 2.1 to ver 2.3.

YMMV, Don
Old Apr 28, 2011, 01:34 AM
Spain, AL, Priego de Córdoba
Joined Sep 2010
26 Posts
I would like to buy it to replace my turborix 6ch,(helis flight 450)
Station or is it a good look at other options?
Walkera message:

Dear Sir,

Thanks for your email to Walkera.

WK-2801 PRO can be 100 MW or 10 Mw output while 2801 E is only 10 mW.

100 mW can control 1000 meters, while 10 mW is for 500 meters.

For flying helicopters 500 meters should be enough.

I hope it is clear for you.
bacardis is offline Find More Posts by bacardis
Old Apr 28, 2011, 05:15 PM
Joined Apr 2009
1,574 Posts
Yes, the pro can be 10 or 100mw depending on your country.

I use my 2801pro with RX-2801pro in my T-Rex 250se and B400. It is a very nice setup.

Don