Old Feb 10, 2010, 04:32 PM
On the Edge of Space
Exit 4, South Jersey, USA
Joined Dec 2007
1,494 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mray View Post
Sr-71 Newbee here--

I ended up with Two RTF's that appear to come directly from Lanxiang. First, a wing on each plane was broken due to the transmiiter or battery in the plane box coming loose in shipping. Tried to get the vendor to send me just the center foam fuselage--had to pay--so I am looking for a US vendor that may have them--noticed BH is "sold out". Both my kits came with Lanxiang labeled 4S batterys (saw previous posts regarding usage of 4S packs). In one plane the rear retract servo is already broken--- the front retract servo won't retract the the gear all the way--will have to replace those. I noticed these are glued in place---whats the best way to remove them without killing the surrounding foam?
I installed and removed the gear on an ARF. I didn't glue mine in. You'll have to remove the glue best you can with maybe a knife and needle nose pliers? After that they are probably screwed in. These pics should give you an idea. It will be easier unscrewing these than unscrewing the beef with the suppliers. On the retraction problem, it might be the wire link adjustments rather than the servo, its a trial to get it all just so. Great good luck with the plane, it's fantastic and well worth the effort when you see it up there.
dLdV is offline Find More Posts by dLdV
Last edited by dLdV; Feb 10, 2010 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Clarity
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 12, 2010, 11:00 PM
USA, AZ, Buckeye
Joined Feb 2010
530 Posts
Thanks....it appears the gear itself is fine--just need to R&R the servos. The factory glued those in and I will need to find a non-destructive way to remove them.
mray is offline Find More Posts by mray
Old Feb 13, 2010, 12:04 PM
On the Edge of Space
Exit 4, South Jersey, USA
Joined Dec 2007
1,494 Posts
Try pushing an Xacto knife between the foam and servo case all the way around the visible perimeter to crack the glue away from the servo case. Then it's like a dentist, grab it with pliers, rock it around and pull.
dLdV is offline Find More Posts by dLdV