HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 09, 2003, 10:45 AM
UK - in the middle somewhere
Joined May 2002
466 Posts
Long Marston (UK) Jet Meet

OK, I admit it, I am an intruder... Wandered in from the Electric flight forum but thought that you might be interested in some pictures taken at the Long Marston Jet Meet in the UK today. My presence at the club was almost accidental (how does one get to a model flying club accidentally?). The meet was however a complete surprise. As a result, I did not have my journalise brain in gear as was so blown away by the whole thing that I probably took too few photos and did not ask the right questions.

There were probably about 30 turbine powered aircraft there ranging from what looked like a standard semi-sport / semi trainer with a turbine tucked into the back as an after thought to the full blown stunning scale Mig 29 and sport scale Rafael. Never having seen any turbine craft before, it really bent my mind! The flying was extremely professional and it looked as if the pilots came from the mainland of Europe as well as the UK. To watch the smoke streaming Strikemaster pair and the F22 (?) flypast at about 200 mph, inverted and 6 feet off the ground was a real pleasure.

Anyway never mind the talk, on to the pictures (only a couple...)

Cheers
Ratty
(Still grinning! )
Hangar Rat is offline Find More Posts by Hangar Rat
Last edited by Hangar Rat; Mar 09, 2003 at 11:08 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 09, 2003, 10:52 AM
Joined May 2002
466 Posts
Strikemasters - Smoke on - Go!

Old Mar 09, 2003, 11:00 AM
Joined May 2002
466 Posts
Turbine Helo

I wish I had managed to see this fly - looks great!
Old Mar 09, 2003, 11:05 AM
Joined May 2002
466 Posts
Smooth Machine!

Here I demonstrate my ignorance of the turbine stuff - I don't know that it is but it sure looks good!