HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Tasmaniac, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 13, 2009, 08:20 PM
Breaker of Stuff
Australia, TAS, Somerset
Joined Feb 2004
610 Posts
Discussion
Slope Soaring @ Don Heads - 7AD site, Tasmania, Australia.

Here's a few pics from a great day slope soaring at Don heads, 7AD slope 9th January 2009. We had a nice gentle NE sea breeze.
Doug came up from Hobart with his MS composit swift II's, MPX fox chuckie and his newly repaired Jart but unfortunately there wan't enough wind too see the Jart take to the skies. Paul flew his EasyStar, Big mugi and EPP delta pusher. I maidened my MPX fox chuckie and flew my weasel which as always flew great despite having a half stripped out servo which must have been caused by "car hangar rash".
All in all a great day!
Cheers.
Tasmaniac is offline Find More Posts by Tasmaniac
Last edited by Tasmaniac; Jan 13, 2009 at 08:29 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 10, 2009, 10:28 PM
Grass Valley, CA
Joined Apr 2008
49 Posts
is that swift II set up as a glider only.. or is it motor assissted.. i was considering buying a swift II as a glider and was curious about how it slopes and thermals.
chirogid is offline Find More Posts by chirogid
Old Feb 10, 2009, 10:48 PM
Breaker of Stuff
Australia, TAS, Somerset
Joined Feb 2004
610 Posts
Hi Chirogid,
By memory the swift II in the pics has a motor but Doug removed the prop for the day and flew it as a pure sloper.
He actually had 2 swifts with him that day.
They both flew really well as slopers.
I remember during one flight he dropped down out of sight and started to walk down to retrieve the swift only for it to pop back up into sight from the dead and keep on flying, cool stuff.
I'll shoot him a pm and ask him to post details of his set up.
Cheers.
Tasmaniac is offline Find More Posts by Tasmaniac
Last edited by Tasmaniac; Feb 10, 2009 at 10:53 PM.
Old Feb 11, 2009, 04:08 AM
Hobart
Joined Jun 2007
746 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chirogid
is that swift II set up as a glider only.. or is it motor assissted.. i was considering buying a swift II as a glider and was curious about how it slopes and thermals.
its set up with a motor but I pull the prop off for sloping. Its a heavy build fully, its got a carbon skeleton, covered and all internals are hidden away for extra smoothness. Its a good sloper and I have taken it out in 30-35 knot winds. a folding prop works well.
dugout is offline Find More Posts by dugout