HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 09, 2003, 12:26 AM
www.dynamoelectrics.com
United States, TN, Collierville
Joined Sep 2001
261 Posts
Logo 10 for 2nd helicopter?

I have learned to fly a Corona, and now am looking to upgrade to a nicer helicopter for the long term; something I can learn to do aerobatics with later on and something that will keep me from going to a .30 size gas heli. I see a lot of great reviews on the Logo 10, but I am concerned about parts support.

My question are:
1. Are parts readily available for this Heli or is it too hard to get them to make this a good choice for a fairly new heli pilot?
2. If this isn't a good choice, what would be the next best option?
3. I have seen a few people mention using a Mega 22/30/2, but not many. Does anyone have any updated opinions of this motor/heli combination?
4. Is the stock version good enough for me to fly awhile before I need to start adding upgrades?

Thanks,
Chuck
squelchF18 is offline Find More Posts by squelchF18
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 09, 2003, 12:59 AM
Our Daddy and Heli Junkie
In Heli Wonderland
Joined Aug 1999
22,796 Posts
It is a great heli and you will not be sorry. It can do anything you want, and I have seen it do anything you can think of!

The parts issue is a non issue. The few parts I have needed I have always found.

I am using the mega in mine. Few flights so far but it runs great!

You need NO upgrades if you get the US kit. About all you could add are KSJ paddles for harder 3D.
Fred Bronk is offline Find More Posts by Fred Bronk
Old Mar 09, 2003, 08:25 AM
san antonio, texas
Joined Mar 2002
1,891 Posts
Ditto on the Logo 10. I have 11 flights on mine and sneaked one in this morning. It is a thoroughbred So stable and responsive and much more solid in the air than an Eco 8. I don't see a difference between it and a 30 gasser. I took mine to the field yesterday and the slimmers were so impressed they're SEROUSLY thinking of trying electric and one guy wants to do a 60 sized electric conversion Here's a pic of mine flying.

Bob F
skypup is online now Find More Posts by skypup
Old Mar 09, 2003, 08:43 AM
Chicago
Joined May 2002
349 Posts
Chuck,

It is not easy to find an unhappy Logo flier, check this poll: http://www.logoheli.com/LOGObb/viewtopic.php?t=45

And this poll might answer your parts question: http://www.logoheli.com/LOGObb/viewtopic.php?t=46

The rest of the Logo Forum would be good reading too. It's very new, so participation is still building.

Greg
GKurt is offline Find More Posts by GKurt
Old Mar 09, 2003, 09:17 AM