HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by evildomain, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 11, 2009, 12:17 AM
King Chango!
Sunshine but Broke State, California
Joined Oct 2008
161 Posts
Trader Rating: 9
For Sale
Blade 400 ARF with Align Alloy Head + Tail Conversion + Extra Parts $215 Shipped

Ok Guys,

I have a Blade 400 that I bought new and is about 2 months old now. It has never been in a crash. I did rip the plastic covering on two pairs of the wood blades, they smacked the couch in my living when I first got it and was attempting to hover, hehe. I glued the plastic and balanced the blades again and they work fine. The third pair is not damaged at all. It also comes with a used pair of Align 325 Fiber blades.

I made a couple modifications to the heli. I added an Align T-rex aluminum head and tail. Most people that do this mod leave the original Blade 400 plastic swashplate because the swash guide is in a different location than the Align swash. I wanted to do the complete conversion so I made an aluminum swash guide bracket and the T-rex swash could be used to keep the head complete. The only part of the head that is not Align are the blade grips. I didn't have enough money for Align grips so I purchased an after market aluminum set. The rest of the head is all Align. All the head parts are new and so is the green alloy T-rex tail. I moved the tail servo onto the boom because I didn't like the stock frame mounted location. The head is setup with +12/-12 degrees of pitch and the blade alignment is set. I'm not an expert flier but I can tell you that these mods made a huge difference for this heli. I flew it about 10 times before the mods and 5 complete flights since. I've hovered a bunch of times in my living room too(it's been too windy here this winter).

I'm including all the extra parts I have plus the original almost new complete head(with gears + main shaft) and tail. If you have a real bad crash and damage the head you can just remove it plus the swash bracket, install the original head and you're off and flying again. That way you won't have any down time while you repair the Align head.

I'm not including the gyro or receiver because I want to purchase a 500 size heli with the money I get from this sale and I will need them. I didn't remove them for the pictures because if it doesn't sell I don't want to re-install them.

Ok, everything else on the heli is stock. Stock 420 brushless motor, servos and ESC. It comes with a brand new extra motor, alloy motor mount and new spare ESC. The power wires on the spare ESC are cut because I was going to install a Deans plug. There are two extra Eflite servos included. I have a Futuba S3153 tail servo that I will throw in because it's not compatible with the RCE-600 gyro I have. The original canopy is included and is not at all damaged. I have a T-rex knockoff fiberglass canopy installed that I painted(included).

What you see in the pictures is what's included except for the gyro and receiver. I just sold the original gyro so I won't be able to include it. I decided today to put this heli up for sale/trade or else I would've kept the Eflite gyro and included it. My BAD!

List of extra parts included:

3 pairs of Eflite Blade 400 wood blades(1 new pair and 2 used)
1 pair of Align 325mm Fiber Blades
1 complete Original Blade 400 head(with both gears) and tail
1 new spare Eflite 420 brushless motor and alloy mount
1 new spare Eflite ESC(needs Deans power plug installed)
2 spare Eflite S75 servos
1 Futuba S3153 digital tail servo(not installed)
1 spare Blade 400 tail drive belt
1 new Skid bracket and tubes

I want to upgrade to a bigger size heli that will be more stable in the high winds of the desert. I don't want to give my heli away but I do want someone to get a good deal. If I can get $250 for this setup it will get me closer to my 500 size heli. I'm new to the world of heli's but I think this is a good price. Especially since I just spent almost $100 on the T-rex head and $30 for the tail. Plus the money I spent on all the extra parts included. I would trade it for a 500 heli but I doubt anyone wants to trade down to a smaller size heli but who knows?

Price is $215 shipped (United States only) and Paypal fees.

(If nobody wants to buy it feel free to comment on the head conversion I did. Let me know what you think. Thanks guys..)

FLY HARD, LAND SAFELY!!!
evildomain is offline Find More Posts by evildomain
Last edited by evildomain; Jan 18, 2009 at 02:59 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 11, 2009, 05:00 PM
King Chango!
Joined Oct 2008
161 Posts
Trader Rating: 9
Price Drop $215
evildomain is offline Find More Posts by evildomain
Old Jan 13, 2009, 03:02 AM
King Chango!