Closed Thread
Old Jan 10, 2009, 01:39 PM
Registered loser
California
Joined Dec 2008
32 Posts
Alert
Don't Buy from Bananahobby

I got an airplane from these guys as a gift from my wife. Later on I ended up needing replacement parts and found out they are impossible to get a hold of. They don't answer their e-mails, they don't pick up their phones, and they don't respond to their own website live support chat. I have heard many people have nothing but problems with these guys.

Nobody else seems to carry the same airplane so I cannot find any parts elsewhere and I am stuck. Basically I have a $200 piece of foam that is useless, I can't even use it as a paperweight.

Do yourself and everyone else a favor. Don't buy from these guys. Hopefully they will go out of business so that nobody else gets screwed!
teg916 is offline Find More Posts by teg916
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 10, 2009, 05:05 PM
Joined Dec 2008
23 Posts
If you need parts this Site should be able to help you. He has the hard to find impeller fans and other have to have parts. His name is Morris and his service is outstanding.http://www.ductedfans.com/
wildbillsaloon is offline Find More Posts by wildbillsaloon
Old Jan 13, 2009, 02:09 AM
Joined Dec 2008
6 Posts
who would of thunk it

You know... with the economy as bad as it is... it seems that Pete really has it going on. Seems like business is really booming for a company that provides no customer service, support, phone staff, etc. I've been waiting for nearly a month for a response. He finally showed up after a snow boarding trip and said he would get it handled.... but nothing has evolved from that. I guess I got screwed out of 75 bucks and my kid got screwed out of a Christmas present. But from what I read.. the helicopter probably wouldnt have worked anyway. At least I was saved that dissappoinment. It seems there is room for a quality RC company who would provide quality support.

Respectfully, Sean

PS. How much do you think he makes of this company?? Especially when he doesnt even send the product out. Free $$ . Dang. How can he sleep with himself?

Quote:
Originally Posted by teg916
I got an airplane from these guys as a gift from my wife. Later on I ended up needing replacement parts and found out they are impossible to get a hold of. They don't answer their e-mails, they don't pick up their phones, and they don't respond to their own website live support chat. I have heard many people have nothing but problems with these guys.

Nobody else seems to carry the same airplane so I cannot find any parts elsewhere and I am stuck. Basically I have a $200 piece of foam that is useless, I can't even use it as a paperweight.

Do yourself and everyone else a favor. Don't buy from these guys. Hopefully they will go out of business so that nobody else gets screwed!
smlatham is offline Find More Posts by smlatham
Last edited by smlatham; Jan 13, 2009 at 02:15 AM.
Old Jan 13, 2009, 05:54 AM
Joined Dec 2008
7 Posts
well you guys can add me to the list. i ordered the tornado helicopter. i needed a 3 dollar replacement gear ordered it on the 23rd paid 32 dollars for 2nd day air have not gotten it yet! the only thing i have received is a ups tracking number. I call ups and they can't help me. they said they received electronic billing and went to pick up the parts and nobody is ever there. I am in the same boat as everybody else a 300 dollar helicopter that i can't even enjoy. maybe someone else have parts for this helicopter
keltalon is offline Find More Posts by keltalon
Old Jan 13, 2009, 06:55 AM
Just Me
United States, OR, Salem
Joined Apr 2006
830 Posts
I notice on the BH web site, they claim to be accredited by the BBB....but only one person has expressed an opinion about them....here's the link to the BBB page where you all may write your views about this company (good or bad).....

http://www.trustlink.org/BusinessPro...yISzf9sfi/VQ==

Not sure if this will get their attention or not but you never know....Pete (or someone using the BH account is browing these boards...as late as last night at 8PM but I see no responses to any of the comments on here)...

Have a good one everyone...

Don
Brner is online now Find More Posts by Brner
Old Jan 13, 2009, 12:24 PM
Sunny SoCal!
Joined May 2008
2,676 Posts
Guys, no one is getting screwed here. I posted a thread saying that I took on more than I can handle and this past 2 weeks, I have been involved with the AMA Convention. I am back now and I will handle each and every request. I feel terrible that I have not been able to offer the customer service that is expected of me. I will do everything I can to get caught up with the support I have always promised in offering.

As for people browsing the boards as late as 8PM and no support given, well thats me asking my associate to follow the threads and keep me updated as to what is going on. Even if I can not get on the boards, I asking for her to follow it so I know how badly I screwed up.

Pete
banana hobby is offline Find More Posts by banana hobby
Old Jan 13, 2009, 12:41 PM
United States, PA, Monaca
Joined Jan 2009
66 Posts
hey Pete I still waiting for my heli for more than 3 weeks what is that
neoos25 is offline Find More Posts by neoos25
Old Jan 13, 2009, 12:52 PM
Sunny SoCal!
Joined May 2008
2,676 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoos25
hey Pete I still waiting for my heli for more than 3 weeks what is that
We got backed up from the holiday season and with me not being in the office, it just got worse. Please PM me your order number and I will take care of this right away. I am so sorry.

Pete
Old Jan 13, 2009, 01:01 PM
Long Island ,NY
Joined Dec 2008
535 Posts
Pete your going to have a heart attack from all of this. Between all the poor quality products and poor customer service its not worth it. I know your trying but your fighting a losing battle. I saw the F117 first hand my buddy purchased it. It had a bad servo and a bad radio. What good is it if you can't email for call for parts or service?
bhoges17 is offline Find More Posts by bhoges17
Old Jan 13, 2009, 01:06 PM
United States, PA, Monaca
Joined Jan 2009
66 Posts
I sent PM already thanks Pete let me know
neoos25 is offline Find More Posts by neoos25
Old Jan 13, 2009, 01:08 PM
Sunny SoCal!
Joined May 2008
2,676 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoges17
Pete your going to have a heart attack from all of this. Between all the poor quality products and poor customer service its not worth it. I know your trying but your fighting a losing battle. I saw the F117 first hand my buddy purchased it. It had a bad servo and a bad radio. What good is it if you can't email for call for parts or service?
I am doing the best I can in bringing the products over from overseas. I know there will be malfunctions and so forth. If I can personally QC each item, you bet I would. Please have him PM me and I will take care of it.

Pete
Old Jan 13, 2009, 03:20 PM
Registered loser
California
Joined Dec 2008
32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by banana hobby
Guys, no one is getting screwed here. I posted a thread saying that I took on more than I can handle and this past 2 weeks, I have been involved with the AMA Convention. I am back now and I will handle each and every request. I feel terrible that I have not been able to offer the customer service that is expected of me. I will do everything I can to get caught up with the support I have always promised in offering.

As for people browsing the boards as late as 8PM and no support given, well thats me asking my associate to follow the threads and keep me updated as to what is going on. Even if I can not get on the boards, I asking for her to follow it so I know how badly I screwed up.

Pete
I have been trying to order some replacement parts from you since before Christmas. A delayed response is one thing, no response is totally different. I have sent e-mail, tried calling, and posted on the forum with no luck. Sorry to say it but your company is the worst I have dealt with in my entire life. Buyers beware!!! If you buy from Bananahobby then you'd better hope everything arrives in perfect condition, and you never need any replacement parts, because their customer service does not exist. You will never get a hold of anyone there.
teg916 is offline Find More Posts by teg916
Old Jan 13, 2009, 03:38 PM
Sunny SoCal!
Joined May 2008
2,676 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by teg916
I have been trying to order some replacement parts from you since before Christmas. A delayed response is one thing, no response is totally different. I have sent e-mail, tried calling, and posted on the forum with no luck. Sorry to say it but your company is the worst I have dealt with in my entire life. Buyers beware!!! If you buy from Bananahobby then you'd better hope everything arrives in perfect condition, and you never need any replacement parts, because their customer service does not exist. You will never get a hold of anyone there.
I understand your frustration. Let me help get you the parts you need. Please PM me your order number and the parts that you are seeking. I am so very sorry for the delay.

Pete
Old Jan 13, 2009, 05:33 PM
Silsbee TX
Joined Dec 2008
31 Posts
Pete I sent you a pm, sent Taylor an email ,sent cutomer service emails. No replies. Please take a look at the message and let me know something. Thanks.
boman1 is offline Find More Posts by boman1
Old Jan 13, 2009, 07:48 PM
Sunny SoCal!
Joined May 2008
2,676 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boman1
Pete I sent you a pm, sent Taylor an email ,sent cutomer service emails. No replies. Please take a look at the message and let me know something. Thanks.

Checking PM's now.

Pete
Closed Thread