HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 05, 2001, 10:16 PM
U.S.A.
Joined Jun 2001
183 Posts
HOBBY HORSE,Rip off,Very bad service,stay away!

I posted this before but the post is gone.
Very bad service from Hobby Horse and they rip me off!
New radio ordered with missing servo and broken parts!
New airplane kit missing parts and frame broken on it,looks like someone had it before me and they resold it!

I called,they say "too bad,you want it or not,we will not pay for return shipping"!
WHATS THAT!!
The shipping box was not damaged at all.
Very nasty on the phone with me also.
Stay Away from this company,they cost me alot of money and time.
You may be next!

speedo is offline Find More Posts by speedo
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 06, 2001, 10:48 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Jul 2001
5 Posts
I'm getting the feeling you would like the original thread back.
philiphenderson is offline Find More Posts by philiphenderson
Old Sep 06, 2001, 06:30 PM
Joined Aug 2000
2,536 Posts
I've had great service from them the 2 times I ordered. Prompt service and helpful on phone when ordering.
hardlock is offline Find More Posts by hardlock
Old Sep 07, 2001, 12:16 AM
North Hills
Joined Nov 1999
6,073 Posts
I ordered a Hitec radio system from Hobby Horse a couple a few months ago. Received the radio a week later in good condition, and they even threw in a free hobby knife. I'd have no problem ordering from them again.

Pete Schiess
SchiessCo is offline Find More Posts by SchiessCo
Old Sep 08, 2001, 08:00 AM
U.S.A.
Joined Jun 2001
183 Posts
Lucky you!
But what about the next time you order from Hobby Horse?

Like most poeple when they ordered something from a company and they have a problem with there order or they are missing something they paid ALOT of money for, customer`s want it taken care of! Not to be ripped off!
Not to be told,"TO BAD". Not to pay for something New and find it to be Used!
And not to have to spend more money and time to ship it back and not get refunded for it!

I now have to deal with the manufacture`s because of this nasty,wrong doing,bad service,stealing company called,Hobby Horse.

I just wanted all to know that it could be YOU,the next time you order from them.

Old Sep 08, 2001, 05:07 PM
Utah
Joined Sep 1999
395 Posts
Sorry to hear of your bad experience. That kind of service is totally unacceptable, in my opion. Perhaps this bad service was the result of a single bad employee or group, not the whole company?

I do want to point out though that I've bought 3 radios with custom setups (different servos, rx) from this company and have had a great experience each time. They always throw in something free with my order too.

Maybe they need to do some more training of employees I think I'll give them a call.

maustin is offline Find More Posts by maustin
Old Sep 14, 2001, 09:51 AM
USA, NC, Greenville
Joined Dec 1999
9,273 Posts
I bought a HiTec Flash 5X-G from them. Good price, plesent on the phone, quick service. Radio worked so did not have to deal with the return thing.
Kevin Murray is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Murray
Old Sep 21, 2001, 05:14 PM
U.S.A.
Joined Jun 2001
183 Posts
I`m still waiting for my radio sym. and plane kit that I had to sent to the manufacture`s to have replaced or repaired.

I also had to buy a new servo from another company because hobby horse had took it out before they sold it to be,they said it was a new sym. in the box, but they forgot to tell me that it was turned from someone else and opened with missing parts.

Ya thats a nice Company!!
They tell me to return it to the manufacture`s instead and not them!
Good luck to all that order from Hobby horse,just wait until you have something wrong with your order.
Old Sep 21, 2001, 11:51 PM
Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, Pennsylvania, United States
Joined Nov 2000
6,284 Posts
Dealing with the manufacturer over warrenty issues is not uncommon. That's why you register your product with the manufacturer and not the seller.

I have had dealings with this vendor and have never had a problem. My order was received in a matter of days in every case. Each order was complete and well packaged. Given the experiences I've had with this company it seems there is more to this story than is being told here. If Hobby Horse subscribes to this forum I would be very interested in hearing their side of this story.
BillM is offline Find More Posts by BillM
Old Sep 22, 2001, 05:52 AM
Old age is not for sissies
Dayton Intl, Ohio, United States
Joined Jan 2000
7,926 Posts
BillM,

I had an experience similar to that of Speedo. I had ordered from them before and never had a problem, but as speedo pointed out, when you do have a problem, their customer service is lacking. In my case I ordered a 3 channel Focus and while they charged me correctly, they shipped a 2 channel Focus. Not a problem, people make mistakes, however their handling of this situation was poor. They refused to issue a UPS Pick-up tag to get the radio back and insisted that I had to pay the shipping back to them for their mistake. I even said I'd agree to that if they'd ship out the correct radio immediately as I was headed to MidAmerica and needed the radio quickly. The clerk was unable to do so and I talked directly to the owner who just about called me a thief over the phone. What he actually said was that he couldn't trust me to send back the other radio and wouldn't replace the wrong one he sent until I returned it to him at my expense. I sold the radio locally and bought another from a vendor at MidAm, I won't deal with them again.

Azarr
www.azarr.com
Azarr is offline Find More Posts by Azarr
Old Sep 29, 2001, 08:00 AM
U.S.A.
Joined Jun 2001
183 Posts
There is "NO" customer service!!
*** WARNING ***

Hobby Horse is the WORST!
Old Sep 29, 2001, 09:34 AM
Walled Lake, MI, USA
Joined Feb 2000
11,182 Posts
I guess that most mail order companies that ship in a timely manner at a reasonable cost could be considered good, as long as you don't have a problem. It is what happens when there is a problem that really separates the good mail order companies from the bad ones. I like to read the Consumer Advocacy section to find out what companies are producing the kind of bad customer experiences that I would like to avoid.

Sometimes, when only one person has had a problem and seems very belligerent about it, you can get the impression perhaps that the customer may have contributed to the problem as much as the mail order company. But when more than one person have had similar problems, the handwriting is pretty much on the wall. I've never ordered from Hobby Horse because I have been so satisfied with the other mail order companies that I've been doing business with (including Azarr's). Based on this thread, I probably never will bother with Hobby Horse.
Dave Hederich is offline Find More Posts by Dave Hederich
Old Oct 05, 2001, 10:19 PM
U.S.A.
Joined Jun 2001
183 Posts
I just got my radio and ELE. plane kit back from the manufactures after hobby horse sold me junk.
Hobby Horse just cost me more wasted time and money!
<br>
Hobby Horse is the WORST COMPANY .
<br>
Think before you order something from them.
Old Oct 05, 2001, 10:52 PM
USA, NC, Greenville
Joined Dec 1999
9,273 Posts
With all these bad outcomes, I don't think I'll order fron them again despite their good track record with them.

Hoby Horse - Are you reading this. you should.
Kevin Murray is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Murray
Old Oct 08, 2001, 03:27 PM
Our Daddy and Heli Junkie
In Heli Wonderland
Joined Aug 1999
22,801 Posts
Yes, Hobby Horse should read this. In fact a link is on the way now. You must have customer service as well as a good price!

So far I have had good luck with them and will order from them again.
Fred Bronk is offline Find More Posts by Fred Bronk