Yamaha Tesseract Concept
gsxrrob is offline Find More Posts by gsxrrob
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 08, 2009, 11:07 AM
RCMCC.tripod.com
Fremont, CA
Joined Sep 2003
2,316 Posts
wow looks like something from the new Transformers movie. I love Concepts.
grymg is offline Find More Posts by grymg
Old Jan 08, 2009, 04:30 PM
Joined Nov 2008
26 Posts
Super glue 2 gpv-1's together!
kikcaffine is offline Find More Posts by kikcaffine
Old Jan 09, 2009, 01:17 AM
Nitro! collect them all.
United States, NY, Brentwood
Joined Jan 2008
246 Posts
Try this one instead, it has been gathering dust and it needs to see the correct path.
malcabro racer is offline Find More Posts by malcabro racer
Old Jan 09, 2009, 01:18 AM
Editor, RCCA
Joined Nov 2004
3,168 Posts
Hey, it's not just gathering dust -- it's preparing for a rebuild (at least my purple one is).
Guidoracer is offline Find More Posts by Guidoracer
Old Jan 09, 2009, 01:22 AM
Nitro! collect them all.
United States, NY, Brentwood
Joined Jan 2008
246 Posts
This is so We have been waiting for so long. I had a Guy from as far as Chile asking me for the were abouts of this company in order to buy a pair.
malcabro racer is offline Find More Posts by malcabro racer
Old Jan 09, 2009, 11:10 PM
PROFESSOR TRUTH JIMMY ICE
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
6,653 Posts
That first bike is awesome, but the four-wheel-leaning thing would really take some tech to work out any kinks.... it's hard enough to get an RC trike that leans to work
Akura2 is offline Find More Posts by Akura2
Old Jan 11, 2009, 06:43 AM
United States, VA, Mechanicsville
Joined Oct 2006
504 Posts
TTW and TFW

Actually they aren't that hard to get to work. I'm building a 2F1R (2 front wheels, 1 rear wheel) or tadpole Plug-in electric vehicle, it will be a tilting 3 wheeler.
So of course I'm first building a RC working model, out of 1/5 scale bike parts. I plan on posting it soon. Still finishing the design spec, making final decisions on the batteries and motor. I plan on adapting a snowmobile CVT to it for better performance and range.
The best tilting full suspension design that I like is actually quite simple and has a lot in common with our RC Bikes, more than most people would think. I'm combining ideas of a few designs I like. I'm doing a 3 wheeler, first because I really like them and second 3 wheelers are considered motorcycles and are easier to get titled for the street. It will be single seat, the driver will be low and laid back like a race car.
The thing that sucks are the batt prices, I'm looking at $6K in just batteries to start with the ability to hold twice as many. I will be using LiFePO4 batteries from Lifebatt.com.

Laz
Lazman is offline Find More Posts by Lazman
Old Jan 11, 2009, 04:36 PM
PROFESSOR TRUTH JIMMY ICE
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
6,653 Posts
I hate you....

Just kidding
Akura2 is offline Find More Posts by Akura2
Old Jan 12, 2009, 07:56 AM
United States, VA, Mechanicsville
Joined Oct 2006
504 Posts
Don't hate me too much, I'm just getting started (it was either this or buy a convertible, this seems more fun). It will probably take a while to build and a nice chunk of change. The high-level design is done though and we are moving forward.
I'm guess the cost to be between 10K and 15K US.
I'll be using as much off the shelf MC parts (and others) as possible.

Laz
Lazman is offline Find More Posts by Lazman
Old Jan 12, 2009, 04:46 PM
Guilford, Ct.
Joined Jan 2004
1,420 Posts
I saw this bike (or something really close to it)on the street a couple of months back riding with some other bikes...didn't know what it was until now....it did look pretty neat, even if it's just a rehashed atv...
katana2665 is offline Find More Posts by katana2665