HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 08, 2009, 12:04 AM
Hollywood
Joined Oct 2007
47 Posts
Question
bird shaped glider ?

Does anyone know of any gliders kits that are meant to look like birds ? I'd like my slope glider to look like a hawk or something. I've seen those dinosaur bird gliders but they are way pricey and aren't actually birds.

-tavis
dubhouse is offline Find More Posts by dubhouse
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 08, 2009, 12:33 AM
skumgummi dave
Gresham, OR.
Joined Mar 2004
1,835 Posts
dubhouse:

Check this out.......

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=950519

Dave-
foamdave is online now Find More Posts by foamdave
Old Jan 08, 2009, 03:09 AM
Denton, TX
Joined Dec 2002
569 Posts
The alula is nice forward swept flying wing.. Looks pretty "birdlike" at a distance.
wingsnapper is offline Find More Posts by wingsnapper
Old Jan 08, 2009, 06:46 PM
JTZ
Grapevine, TX 76051
Joined Sep 2006
25 Posts
EPP Eagle is a fantastic flyer, it thermals very well and flies great as a slope soarer. Crows love to try and attack it.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...701120&page=61
chan1pro is offline Find More Posts by chan1pro
Old Jan 08, 2009, 07:57 PM
In the Dunes
Chesterton, IN
Joined Dec 2003
172 Posts
Dub,
If you're in the mood to scratch build something, airage has a 65" span Turkey Vulture (plan # FSP0602 available through rcstore.com for $19.95). It looks pretty realistic and if it flies even 1/3 as good as the real thing it would be worth it.
If you want to attract birds as you fly, a buddy of mine has an old Hobby Shack Ridge Runt, all white except for a yellow "beak" nose block and large black/yellow/white "eyes" on either side of the canopy. He's always got a flock of gulls following him around. It's all about having fun.

papermache
papermache is offline Find More Posts by papermache
Old Jan 08, 2009, 09:49 PM
Hollywood
Joined Oct 2007
47 Posts
thanks for all the suggestions !
dubhouse is offline Find More Posts by dubhouse
Old Jan 09, 2009, 05:00 PM
In the Dunes
Chesterton, IN
Joined Dec 2003
172 Posts
dub,
Another one I just thought of. An outfit called Birdworks put out a small glider that looked like a seagull. They called it "R/C Gull" I think. I'm pretty sure they're out of business, but maybe somebody knows if someone else picked up their designs. Maybe a "wanted" ad on this site might bring some results.

papermache
papermache is offline Find More Posts by papermache
Old Jan 09, 2009, 11:17 PM
PunchDrunk ex-Pug try'n fly'n
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Jan 2009
1,014 Posts
Found one

I have been looking hard for a "BIRD LOOKING" kit for over a week now. Scooped out lots of links, some found on this thread. Lots of dead ends; web sights closed, Birdworks out of business, plans for scratch builds , and a few that just weren't good enough. The EPP Eagle is cool, but shipping from Taiwan was like forty bucks and boy that's a long way for a box to travel, intact, if you know what I mean. My favorite was the Peregrine Falcon which has it's own thread under "EPP Peregrine Falcon and other bird planes" Topic; Scratch builds. Lee and son TJ are constantly developing new designs and are offering the Falcon as a kit @ $70.00. tried for a couple of days and got a response back, THEY HAVE SOME IN STOCK! They also have some other kits in stock but I snatched up this one, check it out it is awesome!! This is a very long link (lots of interest) to see the Falcon go to the start, page one of something like 20.
Their e-mail is there... crashtesthobbys@gmail.com I think.
Bet you'll love it I hollered Yippie!! after a very long search.
jp.electrik is offline Find More Posts by jp.electrik
Old Jan 10, 2009, 12:32 AM
internet gadfly
Colorado
Joined Aug 2006
2,162 Posts
"Sudanfalk " has a nice falcon like silhouette
nmasters is online now Find More Posts by nmasters
Old Jan 10, 2009, 01:43 PM
PunchDrunk ex-Pug try'n fly'n
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Jan 2009
1,014 Posts
Wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmasters
"Sudanfalk " has a nice falcon like silhouette
Large and huge!! I do see it is a scratch build. A bit daunting for me at this point. Thats why I went to so much trouble looking for a kit.
jp.electrik is offline Find More Posts by jp.electrik