Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 12, 2009, 11:40 AM
Fly allot, Crash allot, next?
United States, CA, Corona
Joined Feb 2006
7,228 Posts
I regret that I won't be coming to the event this year, so, you guys won't have to wear your hard hats. Yep, the drama queen will be missing the event.

Everyone That comes from out of town, please look up Mike Pope, razz him for me, because he is a really good guy and he can take it. I appreciate him making my wife and I feel that we were among frinds last year and I will miss him, also the guys that work on the event, Bob, Matt, Paul etc.

Mike won't be hard to find, he usually resides on one of the flight lines, where he manages to log more flying time than a commercial pilot. Besides, he posted his picture a few posts above this one.

OK for those of you that don't want to look for MIke's picture, here it is. This picture is probably a few years old, so pencil in some grey where needed.

Have a great event, Al G. aka Scalefan
SCALEFAN is online now Find More Posts by SCALEFAN
Last edited by SCALEFAN; Jan 12, 2009 at 12:46 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 12, 2009, 12:06 PM
EDF all the way!
Gilbert, Az
Joined Jun 1999
7,913 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCALEFAN
I regret that I won't be coming to the event this year, so, you guys won't have to wear your hard hats. Yep, the drama queen will be missing the event.

Everyone That comes from out of town, please look up Mike Pope, razz him for me, because he is a really good guy and he can take it. I appreciate him making my wife and I feel that we were among frinds last year and I will miss him, also the guys that work on the event, Bob, Matt, Paul etc.

Mike won't be hard to find, he usually resides on one of the flight lines, where he manages to log more flying time than a commercial pilot. Besides, he posted his picture a few posts above this one.

Have a great event, Al G. aka Scalefan
Al,
Sorry you can not make it!
Bob
bruff is offline Find More Posts by bruff
Old Jan 12, 2009, 02:06 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
21,490 Posts
ill be there. TT bearcat, JHH cougar, and a couple small guys..
corsair nut is offline Find More Posts by corsair nut
Old Jan 12, 2009, 02:13 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,086 Posts
Brent,

Me you and Adam need to fly our "little guys" at the same time. Got mine finished last night (except for some more paint, and decals, which will be done before next week).

And what happened to the F-86 you were burning up the skies with at the Jet Rally? That thing was ridiculously fast!

Pat
crxmanpat is offline Find More Posts by crxmanpat
Old Jan 12, 2009, 02:18 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
21,490 Posts
larry wolfe has it right now. im sure he'll bring it, and ill ring it out. hes borrowing it for the time beeing..
Old Jan 12, 2009, 02:23 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,086 Posts
Cool, hope he brings it. That thing was almost as fast as the fastest turbines in November!

Pat
Old Jan 12, 2009, 02:34 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
21,490 Posts
yes....yes i know.. is a blast for sure!
Old Jan 13, 2009, 11:20 PM
Gilbert, AZ
Gilbert, AZ
Joined May 2007
3,564 Posts
The fleet is looking a little thin due to attrition.....and of course lack of time to get things done / repaired.
chalmrast is offline Find More Posts by chalmrast
Old Jan 14, 2009, 12:07 AM
gilbert,az
Joined Dec 2005
3,948 Posts
Al, gonna miss you, even Tina asked if you were coming out for the event. Her and Carol can go shopping while we act like a bunch of big kids, Come on..You really think I look young in that pix, that was from last May. Now these I look young in http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndID=383911328
mpope1 is offline Find More Posts by mpope1
Last edited by mpope1; Jan 14, 2009 at 12:24 AM.
Old Jan 14, 2009, 08:55 AM
Joined Feb 2006
7,228 Posts
Mike Pope,

In my foggiest imagination I never would have guessed that the guy in the pics would be flying RC airplanes when he got older. It just goes to show you, playing and singing must be good training for RC piloting.

I might come after all, ya never know, surprise surprise. How about if I forget flying at the event and play "sugar daddy" and take the girls shopping? Tina can bring a girl friend. LOL My wife isn't coming, she is totally bored with the 3D stuff in the noon time demos, they seemed to go on forever, and lasted much more than a hour. I sure hope that doesn't repeat this year.

Al
Old Jan 14, 2009, 05:04 PM
INDORUS EXPARAMINTO
Springfield, Missouri, United States
Joined Jul 2002
4,205 Posts
Hey Brother Al
Know what you're talking about.
Great pilots, but after a hour it gets a little tedious.
Wish I was coming this year but the Baby said "NYET". (18 months old and already knows Russian).
They did say I could go next year.
Will see

Larry
SPEED-E-FLYER is offline Find More Posts by SPEED-E-FLYER
Old Jan 14, 2009, 07:40 PM
Registered Airplane Offender
Scottsdale, Arizona
Joined Jun 2006
4,767 Posts
Well, my Tu-144 bit it hard today. Gonna have to put her back together again. Hopefully in time for the festival.

Thinking of adding a foamboard wing instead of the bluecore. It's worked great for the Concorde, but the Conc is powered by a 480 not a 450. Well see the weight difference between the 2.

Barrett
greenseaships is offline Find More Posts by greenseaships
Old Jan 14, 2009, 07:59 PM
scb28
Rocklin, CA
Joined Jan 2006
423 Posts
We're coming down from Sacramento, CA. This'll be our first year attending. I plan on bringing a car load of ARF's. Maybe a Mini Ultra Stick, a Goldburg Super Chipmunk EP, 1/8 Champ, 1/8 Cub and a couple of foamys. Really looking forward to it.

See ya all Thursday, scb28
scb28 is offline Find More Posts by scb28
Old Jan 14, 2009, 11:54 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,086 Posts
My tomhe F-22 now has a mini-me version courtesy of adbradley plans.

Maidened yesterday, cammo paint went on today, decals tomorrow.

Pat
Old Jan 15, 2009, 01:13 AM
Joined Feb 2006
7,228 Posts
After participating in this event for the past two years, and coming from out of town...here's some advice for out of towners.

Don't bring too many planes, they will just get in your way and could get damaged from moving them to the field every day from the hotel or tent.

You won't get a chance to fly everything every day. On Saturday it's hectic and the flight lines are long. Don't forget, the snowbirds are in town and love to see the planes fly. The noon time demos tend to go on and on and take from valuable flying time. Standing room only and there is no time to think. When you are told to go, you better be ready to go. End of flight line is more than 1/2 hour wait.

The field has charging tables available, but, they usually are taken first thing in the morning. Possesion is 9 tenths of the law. Once they are taken, forget it. The guys that get them leave their stuff on them all day.

There is no place to fix planes, it's just too crowded, and leaving the field during the day is not a good idea, you will loose your parking space and valuable time.

Bring at the most three planes just like you are going to the local field in the morning. Make sure the planes are ready to fly, save some room in the vehicle for your tool box and batteries.

Regardless of what is promised in advance, everybody is busy with thier own stuff so don't count on helpers.

I love the event, but in prior year I brought way too many planes and only flew one. Before I could get them together to fly, the time had passed, or in the rush, a clitch developed.

Remember,only bring planes that are ready to fly. You will be saving yourself from severe frustration and will have a good time. This is no place to be fussing with problems.

Just telling it the way it is.

Al G. aka Scalefan.