SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by anatoly, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 06, 2009, 11:21 PM
RC Addict
Falls Church, VA
Joined Jul 2006
2,259 Posts
Discussion
Head and tail setup done

I finished setting up the head and tail today. I wound up with about 10.5 degrees collective, 8 degrees of cyclic on the ailerons, and 7 degrees of cyclic on the elevator. I would have had almost 12 degrees collective, but had to re-adjust the swash links and servo travel limits to prevent interaction with the bearing block. Previously I had about 9 degrees collective and didn't know about measuring the cyclic. In any case I'm guessing this will be much more aggressive.

While I was at it, I noticed that the upper mixing arms were loose so I tightened those up as well. I'm surprised the whole thing didn't just explode during flight.

I also did the initial setup on the new gyro, making sure to center the servo and adjust the travel pot to get maximum tail pitch in both directions without binding. I set 50% rudder expo as recommended, and adjusted the gain.

What's left to do: replace the 190mm flybar with the 220mm, and put the lighter paddles on. Then test fly and do blade tracking.
anatoly is offline Find More Posts by anatoly
to remove ads between posts