SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 05, 2009, 02:11 PM
Calhoun, GA
Joined Dec 2006
731 Posts
Discussion
Is the mCX supposed to eat itself this much?

It seems like my mCX has been eating itself a lot lately. Maybe I am just trying to fly it to aggressively but it seems like I have 1 crash every battery from the flybar hitting the lower blade.

Shouldn't they make this an impossibility? Just spinning it in my hand it doesn't hit, but I guess the blades bend from the lift and the bottom blades just lift into the flybar.

Only mod is the fast forward speed mod by turning the link a few rotations.
crash331 is offline Find More Posts by crash331
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 05, 2009, 04:00 PM
United States, OR, Independence
Joined Feb 2008
1,288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash331
It seems like my mCX has been eating itself a lot lately. Maybe I am just trying to fly it to aggressively but it seems like I have 1 crash every battery from the flybar hitting the lower blade.

Shouldn't they make this an impossibility? Just spinning it in my hand it doesn't hit, but I guess the blades bend from the lift and the bottom blades just lift into the flybar.

Only mod is the fast forward speed mod by turning the link a few rotations.
I would guess you are correct and are flying too aggressively. Don't make sharp inputs in pitch and roll and you won't get clash. I have two of these and have been flying them since October modified for FFF and have never had a blade clash, so it is possible.
Bing44 is offline Find More Posts by Bing44
Old Jan 05, 2009, 04:38 PM
Total Noob
Denison, Texas
Joined Dec 2008
9 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me the second day I had it. Snapped the flybar about a half inch from the shaft. No one had them locally and all the online stores are out. I found some on ebay.

I tried rotating the mCX while moving forward - not a good idea...
TexasAg03 is offline Find More Posts by TexasAg03
Old Jan 05, 2009, 04:57 PM
Kingsport TN
Joined Dec 2008
420 Posts
You can push it to the limit and just about tell when its gonna beat itself to death, I would like to see Eflite make a Blade MCX 2 that is more aerobatic.
Rjennings is offline Find More Posts by Rjennings