HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 04, 2009, 10:33 PM
Joined Jan 2009
7 Posts
Discussion
micro radiators for traxxas nitro rustler

hey guys!

im new here but i just wanted some help finding some really really small radiators to put on my traxxas nitro rustler. the radiator is for a water cooling system that ive made up to use instead of the air cooled cooling head. it includes: water reservoir, TCS micro pump, TRX 2.5 water cooling head, however much fuel tubing is needed, a micro PC fan to put on the radiator and of course the radiator which i still cant find =(

ive looked all over the place and the best i have come up with are PC radiators, but they are still a little too big. the smallest one i hav found is 4"x3" but if anyone can find something smaller than that would be a HUGE help, because building radiators from scratch takes a ton of time lol.
powerfreak91 is offline Find More Posts by powerfreak91
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 05, 2009, 01:39 AM
Australia, SA, Elizabeth Downs
Joined Mar 2007
1,175 Posts
Hi
No way your going to get a radiator that small that will still work
it wont be able to handle the heat.Maybe you could use a coil of coper tube with a peltier element http://www.heatsink-guide.com/peltier.htm
Im not even sure it will remove the sort of heat you will be looking at but it will be more efficient than a small scale radiator,you will still need a heatsink and fan not to mention the added voltage/current to run the whole thing
Cheers
Wozza
Au_Wozza is offline Find More Posts by Au_Wozza
Old Jan 05, 2009, 04:23 PM
Joined Jan 2009
7 Posts
thanks a lot wozza. i think im just gonna stuff the smallest computer radiator i can find and mount it above everything lol. well, we'll see how this works out =P
Old Jan 05, 2009, 09:08 PM
Joined Jan 2009
7 Posts
i definatly found the radiator! :http://www.performance-pcs.com/catal...ducts_id=22275

the only problem now is how to cool the engine, because i forgot to mention i wanted to water cool my 3.3 and i thought the 2.5 water jacket would fit on there but so far my LHS has told me no. so either traxxas has to comeout with a 3.3 water jacket very soon, or i hav to make a custom water cooling head myself...lol
Old Jan 05, 2009, 09:30 PM
Australia, SA, Elizabeth Downs
Joined Mar 2007
1,175 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfreak91
i definatly found the radiator! :http://www.performance-pcs.com/catal...ducts_id=22275

the only problem now is how to cool the engine, because i forgot to mention i wanted to water cool my 3.3 and i thought the 2.5 water jacket would fit on there but so far my LHS has told me no. so either traxxas has to comeout with a 3.3 water jacket very soon, or i hav to make a custom water cooling head myself...lol
Hi
Check out the nitro boat guys there maybe something that will fit.Still think its a silly Idea but each to their own.Hell if it wasnt for ppl having a go we would all still think the earth was flat and wouldnt be communicating via a electric typewriter's
Cheers
Wozza
Au_Wozza is offline Find More Posts by Au_Wozza
Old Mar 19, 2011, 06:14 PM
Joined Mar 2011
1 Posts
i have done the same but i have got a trx 2.5 with a traxxas marine cooling head, and a 6 volt water pump, and four water cooling kits available on ebay, to keep cool the 'radiators' need to be secured on the front of the car and i would not recommend driving on dirt or tracks, as they can get damaged. they are only about a cm high and a inch long. the car needs to be going about 20 mph to keep cool. when you first use it, go easy on the throttle because the cylinder head is new, and will make the engine hotter for about two tanks of fuel. so go about 20 mph for a tank of fuel, just make sure that the water pipes arent 'melting' with heat. if the car is overheating, the car will not be as responsive and you could put a couple of drops of water on the head of the engine and if it boils, it is overheating. it is a bit of a daft idea, but i might just work for u!
traxxasmadguy is offline Find More Posts by traxxasmadguy