Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 04, 2009, 08:27 PM
Escondido, California
Joined Apr 2007
925 Posts
Careful!
Video Walker Bulldog fast moving stream

M41A3 Walker Bulldog & fast moving stream (3 min 14 sec)

The Blitz
Blitzkrieg65 is offline Find More Posts by Blitzkrieg65
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 04, 2009, 08:32 PM
Joined Dec 2008
45 Posts
Correction Blitz, that's a river, not a stream.
Mozzbie47 is offline Find More Posts by Mozzbie47
Old Jan 04, 2009, 08:54 PM
Joined Jul 2007
2,723 Posts
Cool !!!!!
Predreadnut is offline Find More Posts by Predreadnut
Old Jan 04, 2009, 09:47 PM
Escondido, California
Joined Apr 2007
925 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozzbie47
Correction Blitz, that's a river, not a stream.
Thanks, Guys!
Old Jan 05, 2009, 02:08 AM
Joined Dec 2008
45 Posts
Blitz, Running your tank through water, is that about as deep as you would go before it affect the internals. Even though, at one time it looked like it was almost submerged. Does it take a greater lengh of time in water before it seeps into the do not get wet parts.
Mozzbie47 is offline Find More Posts by Mozzbie47
Old Jan 05, 2009, 06:16 AM
UK
Joined Oct 2008
107 Posts
that is good but have done better in with my tiger, but it didnt go so well, its good to see that your tanks can handle it (Y)
michelekingtig is offline Find More Posts by michelekingtig
Old Jan 05, 2009, 12:06 PM
Joined Dec 2008
31 Posts
cool vid. did you do any water proofing on the bottom?
roubaix is offline Find More Posts by roubaix
Old Jan 05, 2009, 06:10 PM
Joined Jul 2007
2,723 Posts
michelekingtig, what does it mean when you put a Y at the end of your sentences??
Predreadnut is offline Find More Posts by Predreadnut
Old Jan 05, 2009, 06:23 PM
Escondido, California
Joined Apr 2007
925 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozzbie47
Blitz, Running your tank through water, is that about as deep as you would go before it affect the internals. Even though, at one time it looked like it was almost submerged. Does it take a greater lengh of time in water before it seeps into the do not get wet parts.
Sorry guys, my internet was down all morning! Well I did a lot of water proofing on this tank, here is what I did!

First step is removing all the switches, and for this tank I just cut slots for them where the vision slots are on the hull deck, you could cut the hatch and install the switches their!

One simple fix for the drive shaft is and it works great, get a few different size rubber o-rings, one really tight, one a little larger and another really tight lubricate and seat them in the part of the shaft that is in the housing! I seal the battery box by making a silicone gasket interference fit, but I will still put electrical tape on the cover just in case! The bulldog hull is easy, just silicone one the bottom edge all the way around. Put some butter or Vaseline on the top so when you seal it up it will release again!

If you notice near the turret area you need to make a special block there on the under side of the top of the hull, I just siliconed the heck out of it and made it an interference fit against the bottom of the hull! I have an idea for the turret base but I have not tried it yet,, again using a large o-ring and just let the weight of the turret itself plus a thick lubricant be the seal! On customers boards I use conformal coating but this Bulldog is just running and RX-13 with a fan and it has been my thrasher, so far it is hanging in there! I fried a receiver board during some early testing, because I forgot to cover those two little grills on the back of the Dog by the tail lights

The Blitz
Last edited by Blitzkrieg65; Jan 05, 2009 at 06:50 PM.
Old Jan 07, 2009, 11:06 AM
UK
Joined Oct 2008
107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predreadnut
michelekingtig, what does it mean when you put a Y at the end of your sentences??
it means thumbs up lol yeah i was thinking people were wondering what the hell it meant
michelekingtig is offline Find More Posts by michelekingtig
Old Jan 08, 2009, 06:42 AM
United States, CA, Ridgecrest
Joined Aug 2007
518 Posts
We all live in a yellow submarine.. See Blitz I still be here That was cool but now can it do it under the water??
peskeybobcat is offline Find More Posts by peskeybobcat