HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 05, 2009, 11:46 PM
Foamy Season is here! MX2#1
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Joined Nov 2005
3,406 Posts
thanks guys. i like the new fast model hehe, wish i had that on my alula.. im drawing up some paint jobs, i Will be able to tell top from bottom heheh. , i have an idea for maken control rods instead of using the string. i have used shrink tubing to secure carbon rod to the control horn before (alula..) and i have some 1.5 mm rod left over but i dont think itll be long enough, if it works tho the controls will be slop free and very positive, and the rods being inthe boom will look cleaner hehe im willing to sacrifice wieght for control and looks, havent been a issue inthe past.
also the airbrush paint in mind is water based but will required clear coating..+ more wieght tho sraped light wont be bad, but im wondering if i used an acrelic paint if it would soak to the foam.. keep in mind it will be very light and dries almost instantly and acrelic wont need a clear coat. thoughts???
mike

ps, note onthe rods, im wanting to does this so when i fly on slope the control is strong
pitviper51 is offline Find More Posts by pitviper51
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 07, 2009, 03:06 AM
Joined Feb 2006
14 Posts
heyhey,i have saw binary 900 V2 with aileron. 2 servos controls aileron & 1 servos controls ele.
kaiyang is offline Find More Posts by kaiyang
Old Feb 07, 2009, 07:50 AM
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Joined Nov 2005
3,406 Posts
wish i had seen it... i wonder why it wasnt on peaks site?? that would be fun on a slope. tho gliders with no rudder are not right..
mike
Old Feb 07, 2009, 10:19 AM
a.k.a. Matt Nelson
North Tustin, CA
Joined Oct 2008
1,817 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiyang
heyhey,i have saw binary 900 V2 with aileron. 2 servos controls aileron & 1 servos controls ele.
You sure that was a real Peak Hobby kit? I've seen one video (link earlier in this thread) and one other reference to modifying the B900 into an aileron/elevator ship. In fact, I've been toying around with doing that to my second B900. Don't get me wrong, a real A-E B900 kit would be cool! like a more affordable x-ray micro or apogee elite!
MattN is offline Find More Posts by MattN
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 08, 2009, 07:20 AM
Joined Feb 2006
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pivlrs
You sure that was a real Peak Hobby kit? I've seen one video (link earlier in this thread) and one other reference to modifying the B900 into an aileron/elevator ship. In fact, I've been toying around with doing that to my second B900. Don't get me wrong, a real A-E B900 kit would be cool! like a more affordable x-ray micro or apogee elite!
That news was true, I saw Mr. Harry Ha playing b900-V2 last Saturday, but I haven't taken any pictures.
kaiyang is offline Find More Posts by kaiyang
Old Feb 08, 2009, 11:07 AM
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Joined Nov 2005
3,406 Posts
doh! may have to get v2 if i really like the one im getting hehe.. mine should be in route
mike
Old Feb 11, 2009, 01:56 PM
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Joined Nov 2005
3,406 Posts
its here!

so here i am getting things ready for the incoming tstorm.. and my door bell rings... its the mailman with this nice lil long box saying peak hobby on the top, WOHOOOO so mean while the storm goes by rip roaring wind and rain ( still doing that now..) am im opening the box to take a peak. the packing job is great. i reallly like the silver wing tips! so that said ill be airbrushing the pod top silver haha, ill get pics soon once i know the power is staying on.. just had to spread the good news!
mike
Old Feb 11, 2009, 03:15 PM
NO rotors
Nineveh IN. United States
Joined Mar 2004
417 Posts
Mike great I hope to see it sometime this year, Maybe midsouth contest in cincy or Louisville. Not that I'm going to compete but I do want to observe a couple of competitions this year.
Steve
P.S. yes we have a couple of days that will be great for building.
patternrules is offline Find More Posts by patternrules
Old Feb 11, 2009, 03:48 PM
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Joined Nov 2005
3,406 Posts
i actully sent out a message to the lvile and lexington soaring clubs with some open dates for my clubs hosting a soaring fun fly, i hope to get dates dialed in soon, we like flying for fun here with verbal compitions for bragging rights hhhahah.. now to try and load the car up for the gym fly tonight ,, itll be fun moving anything outside withthis wind... but they all wanna see the new toy haha
mike
Old Feb 11, 2009, 11:50 PM
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Joined Nov 2005
3,406 Posts
first pics.. should i just continue the build here on this thread or start new,, id say we keep the info in one spot.. lots of good comments on the plane tonight, mostly on how thin the wing is haha. i also got the battery that peak sells for this plane withthe package so ill likly use it for a while, may use the old micro rx for my hitec for now so i can use stuff i already have.. more to come soon
mike
Old Feb 12, 2009, 12:25 PM
a.k.a. Matt Nelson
North Tustin, CA
Joined Oct 2008
1,817 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitviper51
[. . .] i also got the battery that peak sells for this plane withthe package so ill likly use it for a while [. . .]
what sort of battery pack did they provide? can you post specs and a photo? I'm using a standard little flat 4-cell 150 mAh NiMh pack that works fine, but am curious what Harry recommends...

-matt
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 12, 2009, 12:27 PM
a.k.a. Matt Nelson
North Tustin, CA
Joined Oct 2008
1,817 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitviper51
should i just continue the build here on this thread or start new,, id say we keep the info in one spot..
mike
I agree. Let's turn it into one of those monster threads that goes on for years...
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 12, 2009, 06:47 PM
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Joined Nov 2005
3,406 Posts
sounds good to me.. as for the battery its a lil 4 cell 150 mah i think. ill dig the box out tonight,. between new survivor and csi and 11th hour.. tv is soaking up my building time hahhaha. along with the 12 other projects i have going . the battery is listed on his site tho, but i i want to get more pics.. the siler wing tips are saaawwweeeettt... im still very surprised it doesnt have a wing rod joiner,.. new to me hahah
mike
Old Feb 12, 2009, 08:29 PM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Jan 2007
1,533 Posts
I don't know, it'll be hard to top the Ultimate Slow Stick Help Threads, which have nine parts to it and go all the way back to 2003.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pivlrs
I agree. Let's turn it into one of those monster threads that goes on for years...
LittleG is offline Find More Posts by LittleG
Old Feb 13, 2009, 12:23 AM
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Joined Nov 2005
3,406 Posts
haha is funny how such a simple plane can create such a following.. we have a few sonic sticks in my club i have used to tow free flying gliders up with haha.. may try a piggy back rig with the b900 haha.. will be doing video when the time comes
mike