|Jan 03, 2009, 10:54 AM|
Maidened,maidened,and half a maiden
After a Thursday and Friday flying,I achieved a few "to do" chores.
First,I finally got a chance to maiden my little t tail after the rebuild.With the extra 1/2 pound from the repairs,she flew faster,and still handled well.Chore one done
Secondly,I flew my CR Raider with the 1 pound steel joiner,and the weight made a huge difference in good lift.Now,I remember why I like the RG 15 airfoil so much.It handles weight well.Now for the repaint before I post pictures.
Chore 2,1/2 done.
Thirdly,I picked up a Hades,version 1, 2 weeks ago in a package deal for cheap(really cheap).The plane had been repaired numerous times by the previous owner.When I received it,one wing tip was crunched,the other was open like a clam shell.The nose cone was a tough fit due to the inner cone being repaired upteen times.
Carbon fiber,glass,laminating epoxy,and lots of bondo later.I was ready for paint.You'll notice in the photo,there are still 2 spots that need a repaint on the center section of the wing.I'll get to that soon.
Anyway,she weighs about 8 and 1/2 pds dry(no ballast,weight is from the repairs),but I figured with a 2.8 meter span,it would be ok.
I'm very happy with the flight results.Nice flying speedy plane.Chore 3 done
P.S. The Hades is a great replacement for my lost Dogan.