HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 03, 2009, 10:32 AM
Joined Apr 2008
165 Posts
Question
Kyosho Fairwind III

Greetings Friends,

I have just purchased the Kyosho Fairwind III and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with them? I picked this boat because I liked the way it looks, more like a scale model than a racing boat. The next question is it possible to rebuild boats like these to have two sail winches and remove the jib boom, I used to own a full size racing sail boat and the boom under the jib kind of bugs me. So I was thinking of changing the rig to a three channel radio with one servo for the jib, one servo for the main and the third for the rudder or should I leave it the way it is and just enjoy it?

Andre
amdaylight is offline Find More Posts by amdaylight
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 03, 2009, 12:59 PM
Useful Idiot
Asturias, Spain
Joined Mar 2001
3,546 Posts
There's been quite a bit of chat about the boat on http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Fairwind900/
The jib boom helps radio boats in general to self tack much better and unless you're very close to the boat to see the sails, independant control of the jib can hinder more than it helps.
martin richards is online now Find More Posts by martin richards
Old Jan 04, 2009, 02:08 PM
WooHoo!
Lake Balboa, CA
Joined Jun 2007
5,123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by amdaylight
Greetings Friends,

I have just purchased the Kyosho Fairwind III and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with them?...
Andre
Here's a link with my Fairwind III experience: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=942537
woodybob is offline Find More Posts by woodybob