HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 02, 2009, 10:44 PM
Joined Aug 2007
150 Posts
Discussion
Pics & Video of a Fun Run - Heritage Park

We had a good time.

Yamato firing at shore VIDEO: 1min.45sec.

http://www.livevideo.com/video/6178D...-big-guns.aspx
Rich S. - CV, CA is offline Find More Posts by Rich S. - CV, CA
Last edited by Rich S. - CV, CA; Jan 03, 2009 at 12:13 AM. Reason: Added Yamato firing at shore. -VIDEO-
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 02, 2009, 11:40 PM
Joined Jul 2007
2,728 Posts
Hey Rich, is that a Sequin tug? Looks like alot of fun.
Predreadnut is offline Find More Posts by Predreadnut
Old Jan 02, 2009, 11:42 PM
Taking care of the pond.
United States, CA, Sanger
Joined Apr 2004
7,346 Posts
Great looking Tug!!!
MILLERTIME is offline Find More Posts by MILLERTIME
Old Jan 03, 2009, 12:21 AM
Joined Aug 2007
150 Posts
...in response

MILLERTIME, Predreadnut and Gents,

It was a good time and thanks.

The tug featured in pics above belongs to a fellow named Ken. Real down to earth guy with a lot of talent. I will let him offer info about the vessel.
Last edited by Rich S. - CV, CA; Jan 03, 2009 at 12:27 AM. Reason: A few pics added.
Old Jan 03, 2009, 09:44 AM
Chula Vista, Ca.
Joined May 2006
312 Posts
Really had a good time yesterday, lots of fun. Richs' Yamato is quite impressive when you see it on the water, and all the working features that it has, it's amazing!! At one point the Yamato had the rudder snagged with a leaf, so me and Gary pushed him into shore with the tugs. An actual RC sea rescue !!

Nothing special about the Seguin, it's the old plank on frame kit from Midwest. I didn't model any specific tug, if I thought something would look good, I did it, I still want to add a smoke unit to it, not much room left inside, the batteries I put in there can rival a nuclear power plant, a bit overkill.

Need more people to turn out for these fun runs, and that's all they are, fun runs. If it floats, bring it, egos don't float so leave them at home. We might be working on a night time fun run in the summer, get the lights working and let's have fun.

Ken
mrbassman is offline Find More Posts by mrbassman
Old Jan 03, 2009, 10:15 AM
Age quod agis
Joined Sep 2007
1,434 Posts
SD RC Boater is offline Find More Posts by SD RC Boater
Last edited by SD RC Boater; Jan 10, 2009 at 07:38 AM.
Old Jan 03, 2009, 11:34 AM
no wings any more, just dust!
stoke on trent
Joined Oct 2004
8,052 Posts
can you fire bb's with yamato?
Ghost 2501 is offline Find More Posts by Ghost 2501
Old Jan 03, 2009, 03:28 PM
Monterey Bay California
Joined Feb 2004
14,148 Posts
Nice boats and nice looking pond to run on... Make the fun-run schedule regular and more people are bound to show up!
Aerominded is online now Find More Posts by Aerominded
Old Jan 04, 2009, 04:09 AM
Owner of SSY
United States, CA, Long Beach
Joined Oct 2005
561 Posts
Hey Rich:

Looks like it was fun, I never saw any photos that show the raised area your running your boat from.
Sorry that I could not take you up on your invite to come down, my radio in my tug would not work, I have to replace the batteries in the transmitter and no point driving 240 miles round trip with a non operating model, so I stayed in the shop and made up new universal battery packs for my transmitters with twice the capacity of the originals.
Another time, I will take you up on your invitation and bring down a model or 2.

Nice Sequin Type Tug there
W.L Upshaw is offline Find More Posts by W.L Upshaw
Old Jan 04, 2009, 05:14 AM
Age quod agis
Joined Sep 2007
1,434 Posts
SD RC Boater is offline Find More Posts by SD RC Boater
Last edited by SD RC Boater; Jan 10, 2009 at 07:39 AM. Reason: Dr. Smith.
Old Jan 04, 2009, 01:22 PM
Joined Aug 2007
150 Posts
Aerominded - Great tip. I will do that in the future.

Ghost 2501 - I'm affraid Yamato shoots no projectile of any kind. Just an animated illusion of smoke and flare.

Hey Lee, Gents,

Yes, it was a good run. You are gonna have to make it out sometime. What I'd like to do, as Ken suggested, is have a good group of guys come out on a set date. I live right down the street from the park (5min.) I know what a 200m + trek is like and only a handful of guys show, trust me.

I wonder if that sounds doable for a few of the guys. If I can set-up, oh, maybe 12 modelers or so on a given date, I'll go ahead and reinstate the permit. That would be awesome!

I know Steve Vick has got some great plans in the works for the SD Pond in the coming months, I'm looking forward to meeting new faces there as well.

We have had 4th of July runs in the past, like Gary stated, but turnout is usually pretty low. I would imagine most folks want to hangout with their own peeps. Maybe late June is a better date .

Lee, I always have a few extra cells with me. What always happens at the park is a child brings his "Nikko Special" and runs out of power in 5 min. They never pre-cycle. So I carry a variety of different cells. Connectors; mmmm...

Rich S.
Old Jan 04, 2009, 01:25 PM
no wings any more, just dust!
stoke on trent
Joined Oct 2004
8,052 Posts
Rich, a true gent of the hobby, carrying spare packs and connectors for folk
Ghost 2501 is offline Find More Posts by Ghost 2501
Old Jan 04, 2009, 01:34 PM
QM1 (SW) Stephen L. Vick
San Diego CA
Joined Jan 2009
168 Posts
Rich,

My schooner yacht WASP is ready to go. I wanted to bring it out but personal problems prevented it. Next time maybe. Saw your post on Warships forum. lets get together on this Ontario thing! TF 96 has 2 tables this year, and if I may suggest.... We set up your piers and moor Tarawa up in the pool like last year! The folks really loved that.
Good times baby!
FightingSailor is offline Find More Posts by FightingSailor
Old Jan 04, 2009, 03:09 PM
Joined Aug 2007
150 Posts
"Ontario Thing"

Last year was absolutely F U N T A S T I C . What a great time! I felt like a kid in a candy store with wooden teeth and a pockets full of money . So much talent out there. So many interests. Things that will make your jaw hit the ground and crack the concrete. I just love the 1:6 scale tanks, WOW.

I could go on and on... Hope many of you get a chance to make it out as well.

Rich S.
Last edited by Rich S. - CV, CA; Jan 04, 2009 at 03:11 PM. Reason: sp