HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by flyboy321, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 01, 2009, 08:42 PM
RC = FUN
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Joined Aug 2008
3,636 Posts
Discussion
My new F22 story

Well this holidays season I met 3 great people. They were kind, generous, and very caring. It all started with me looking for a new plane that I would like for Christmas. I had been looking at the Yardbird F-22 for awhile, and decided that was the one I was going to get. I then began asking motor/esc/battery options. Daniel Sny (MicroDan) provided me with a link to his website and had a motor on there. At $55 it was out of my price range. He then responded by saying if I had good grades then he would buy me the motor. I put up a picture of my A's and B's, and I gave him my address to ship it to me... and then things got even better. He decided he was going to give me the works!! He ended up sending me charger, battery, motor, servos, esc, and a receiver!!!! What an amazing guy. A few days later I got an email saying that a couple would like to buy me the plane!!!! I was contacted by David Altman (Jafo216) a few days later saying that him and his wife would like do something nice for someone and they chose me!!! So I then gave me their address and they got it shipped!!! It arrived about a week later... and 2 days before that the electronics came!!!! Well it arrived the day I was at my friends house, so I didn't get to put it together until around 3. Well the power went out 2 days before because an ice storm had hit. So I began to put my plane together, and it eventually became dark out. So then I tried to sleep... it's hard to fall asleep at 6 when you have a half built plane a few feet away. So I began to work on my F22 again... by candlelight and flashlight!!!!!!! I had 4 candles, 2 flashlights, and a lantern!!!!! I worked on it until around 11 and then went to bed. I finished most of it except the electronics! I just never thought that I would be building a plane that late... and without electricity!!!!!!!!!!
flyboy321 is online now Find More Posts by flyboy321
Last edited by flyboy321; Jan 01, 2009 at 09:28 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 01, 2009, 11:13 PM
www.gobrushless.com
North Carolina
Joined Jan 2005
1,564 Posts
Tyler
that made us feel great to help you out.
Hey i still need to send you detail pis on how to place the carbon fiber.
Dan
Micro Dan is offline Find More Posts by Micro Dan
Old Jan 01, 2009, 11:24 PM
RC = FUN
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Joined Aug 2008
3,636 Posts
Hey man, your finally on. I received the screws and everything a few days ago. The rod was fine, but the tube was crushed. What size was that again? I will try and find some at menards or have my LHS special order them.
Old Jan 02, 2009, 03:07 PM
Crazy 'bout Bees
Fort Wayne, IN
Joined Oct 2005
587 Posts
Hi Tyler, finally found you on here. I talked to you at the New Years Day fly in. I had the Stealth. Good luck with the F-22.
vax6335 is online now Find More Posts by vax6335
Old Jan 02, 2009, 05:20 PM
RC = FUN
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Joined Aug 2008
3,636 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vax6335
Hi Tyler, finally found you on here. I talked to you at the New Years Day fly in. I had the Stealth. Good luck with the F-22.

hey man, do any of the other people that were at the New years fly have a RCG?
Old Jan 02, 2009, 06:01 PM
Crazy 'bout Bees
Fort Wayne, IN
Joined Oct 2005
587 Posts
I'm not sure. I don't know of anyone else off the top of my head. I know some are active on RC Universe, but I don't use that.
vax6335 is online now Find More Posts by vax6335
Old Jan 02, 2009, 10:16 PM
RC = FUN
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Joined Aug 2008
3,636 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vax6335
I'm not sure. I don't know of anyone else off the top of my head. I know some are active on RC Universe, but I don't use that.

I had one, but it was confusing and hard to use.