HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 09, 2012, 11:28 AM
The Lone Blue Plaid Flyer
Seattle
Joined Jan 2003
7,586 Posts
Hi Scottie,
No, not yet. I developed a bad cattarack in my right eye. My vision is crap and deapth perseption is not good. I'm going to get it fixed next month. I basicly took the Summer off from flying. It's on the bench right now, so it will be flying next year.
Bob in Seattle
Bob Cook is offline Find More Posts by Bob Cook
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 10, 2012, 10:52 AM
Blueplaidcanard flyer
sdy. ny
Joined May 2007
2,978 Posts
Sorry to hear that Bob,hope they fix it right so you can hit the air soon.
rabidrue1 is offline Find More Posts by rabidrue1
Old Sep 10, 2012, 11:41 PM
who has rabbit ears down
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jan 2007
3,680 Posts
could ya get some building in Bob?
Scottie sure did!
Captain Canardly is offline Find More Posts by Captain Canardly
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: One printer running!
Old Sep 11, 2012, 12:19 AM
Making wood fly since 2007
USA, MN, Rochester
Joined Mar 2008
2,539 Posts
Hi Bob,

Sorry to hear about the cataract, hopefully you have some good Docs out there who will get you fixed up. If not come on over here to SE Minnesota, we have a few good ones at a little place called the Mayo Clinic.

Seriously, I'm certain you have fine doctors out there in the Seattle area who can get you fixed up and back to flying in no time. Here is to a speedy recovery.

Wayne
Windependence is offline Find More Posts by Windependence
Old Sep 11, 2012, 06:53 PM
Seattle
Joined Jan 2003
7,586 Posts
Hi Guys,
Thanks for the good wishes. I'm sure I'll be fine in a couple of months. Just in time for the Winter building season.
Bob in Seattle
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 11, 2012, 07:19 PM
Michigan's Upper Peninsula
Joined Sep 2007
736 Posts
Bob,

Greetings from the north country!

I wondered where you got off to. Now I understand. Everyone I know who has had the procedure done for cataracts has been very pleased with the results.

Make sure they re-calibrate your eyes to spot a speck at altitude! <smile>

Glad to see a post from you. Yes, get ready to build.

Best wishes,
Dave
Highride is offline Find More Posts by Highride
Old Sep 11, 2012, 09:14 PM
Good, fast or cheap, pick two
Napa, California
Joined Jul 2006
2,604 Posts
Hey Bob, Rob (In Napa) checking in here... it's been far too long my friend! As for the eyes, no sweat, my neighbor had hers done and the NEXT DAY said that she had wished she'd done it years ago! Amazing what they can do to fix eyesight these days. Here's to good building ahead, and eyes that will be able to see what you built at 2K feet!

Cheers,
Rob
P.S. a little Sauvignon Blanc never hurt the eyesight either!
robh is offline Find More Posts by robh
Old Sep 11, 2012, 09:19 PM
Seattle
Joined Jan 2003
7,586 Posts
Hi Dave, Rob,
I'm a little nervous about the procedure, but I have to get it done. I'm tired of looking through a fog. I'm sure it will be fine. With a little SB. smile !!!

Bob in Seattle
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 21, 2012, 11:37 AM
Blueplaidcanard flyer
sdy. ny
Joined May 2007
2,978 Posts
Vodka for the eye sight,then if nothing else you can see two of every thing.
rabidrue1 is offline Find More Posts by rabidrue1
Old Sep 22, 2012, 10:22 AM
Seattle
Joined Jan 2003
7,586 Posts
Hi Scottie,
I'm not a big Vodka fan, but if things get really desperiate, you never know.
Bob in Seattle
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 14, 2012, 07:29 PM
USA, MN, Rochester
Joined Mar 2008
2,539 Posts
Some advise needed

Hello BPS members. It has been a little while since there has been any activity here so I thought I might post my questions here. Hmmm, what questions you ask, well I'll get to that in a minute but first a little background information.

I have always wanted to attend the Nats in Muncie. I know I have 0% chance of winning anything but last place but I don't want to go for the competition, I simply want to experience the Nats. As of now I am pretty sure that I can swing going next year, 2013, provided the world is still spinning after this December. I will be taking my Raven as my primary plane and the BoT as a backup plane just in case something unfortunate happens. Competing in the unlimited class is out of the question so I think I am going to fly in the RES class. Not because it will be any less hard core but because I have little experience with full house planes and I have a lot of experience with RES planes.

So where are the questions you ask? Well I have a ton of them but I will only start with a few. First off, I need to get a 2.4 system. I fly 72 MHz and have been very happy with it but Nats requires 2.4. Oh well, I have a spektrum module for my radio but I am not sure what receiver to get. I know some of them are full range and some are park flyer rx's. Between the sattelites, voltage issues, brown out reports, DSM2 vs DSMX ...... on and on, I'm a little lost. Can any of you offer any clarification. The Raven will need at least a 6 channel Rx due to the different wing options and currently I have a 2000 mAh 4.8 volt Rx battery. So questions for you.
  • Will 4.8 volts be enough or would I be better off going to a 5 cell, 6.0 volt battery
  • Reciever recommendations are greatly welcome. My Tx Module is DSM2 if that makes any difference

Additionally any tips or advise in general about attending Nats would be very welcome. I have never been to a big event before so I am really walking into the big abyss here. Who knows, things might change and I might not be able to go but switching over my planes will take a little time and I need all the advanced notice I can get.

Wayne
Old Nov 14, 2012, 07:36 PM
who has rabbit ears down
Joined Jan 2007
3,680 Posts
Wayne! I haven't logged in to AMA since this computer-15months-anyway, our fellow from MRCSS went there, got 4th place and used 72.! (2012)
Johnny
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 14, 2012, 09:49 PM
USA, MN, Rochester
Joined Mar 2008
2,539 Posts
Hi Johnny,

Yep, this past year was the last year 72 MHz was allowed. 2.4 is the only option for Nats 2013.

Wayne
Old Nov 14, 2012, 10:06 PM
who has rabbit ears down
Joined Jan 2007
3,680 Posts
Ahhhhrattssdaggitttss!
RCG Plus Member