HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 01, 2011, 06:39 AM
Blueplaidcanard flyer
sdy. ny
Joined May 2007
2,978 Posts
Awsome spot! and Jayda looks happy about it as well.
rabidrue1 is offline Find More Posts by rabidrue1
to remove ads between posts
Old May 01, 2011, 08:09 AM
OK,so what's the speed of dark
Glenwood,GA
Joined Aug 2006
1,071 Posts
Now that is some fantastic country side. I would love to go there for a vacation some time. To bad it's so far away. Sure looks peaceful though.....

Ed
mred3 is offline Find More Posts by mred3
Old May 01, 2011, 08:22 AM
The Lone Blue Plaid Flyer
Seattle
Joined Jan 2003
7,586 Posts
Hi Nick,

Fantastic photos as usual. I'm so glad you got Jayda. I'd be lost without Foxy around here. Dogs are so much company. Spring is trying to get here, but it's been a real struggle.

Bob in Seattle
Bob Cook is offline Find More Posts by Bob Cook
RCG Plus Member
Old May 01, 2011, 09:58 AM
who has rabbit ears down
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jan 2007
3,586 Posts
Ahh C'mon Nick, where did you buy those pictures?!!
Captain Canardly is online now Find More Posts by Captain Canardly
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Doin' What come naturally!
Old May 01, 2011, 03:43 PM
I eat only vegetarian beef
Fairlie, New Zealand
Joined Nov 2006
2,866 Posts
Haha, don't you know it's like this every day around here. Photographer's and artist's dream.
Skycruiser is offline Find More Posts by Skycruiser
Old May 01, 2011, 04:48 PM
who has rabbit ears down
Joined Jan 2007
3,586 Posts
true- true-just jealous- we have snow- again!
RCG Plus Member
Old May 01, 2011, 07:37 PM
Glenwood,GA
Joined Aug 2006
1,071 Posts
That's what you get for living up there in the frozen north. We had about 80 degs today and VERY little wind. Fantastic day to fly. Even managed to hit a couple thermals among all the turbulence floating around up there too. I could go higher and get above the turbulence, but then it is REALLY hard to tell if the plane is in lift. That's OK though, I still had fun. Even managed to fly my Slow Stick a little too. It's a blast in calm winds and the kids love it................

Anyone know how a Nebula II flies???? I know it's a little late to ask, but I started one today and I got it because it looked so pretty and Don refuses to come out with that 3M Chrysalis..................
And no it doesn't have a V tail.......... It also doesn't have spoilers, but that will change too. I am also going to put a motor in it so I can fly it at my local field where I can't set up a hi-start..........

Ed
Old May 01, 2011, 08:38 PM
United States, OH, Bradford
Joined Jun 2005
4,020 Posts
Oh, the 3M is still in the works. Unfortunately there are a number of other irons in the fire, including making ends meet. No, sad to say, despite our best attempts, the model airplane business is not able to do that by itself, and I've had to take a "real job" to do that. Joe is still based in Piqua taking care of the day-to-day business, along with some help from his family.

However, I have set up a workshop here, and I'm doing my best to keep the prototype and design work going in the evenings. Since I had to leave my wife (of 30 years, first and only time for both of us), family, and even our dogs behind in Ohio (other than occasional visits on weekends, but at about $100 in gas and 11 hours driving time round-trip for each visit, that can't be too often), that does mean fewer "family" interruptions. My new "day job" has some pretty long hours, but once I do get home there's not much else to do except answer e-mails and work on hobby stuff.

Give it time, the 3-meter will happen.

Don
(from dreary Saginaw, where the weather still thinks it's the end of March)
Don Stackhouse is online now Find More Posts by Don Stackhouse
Last edited by Don Stackhouse; May 01, 2011 at 08:48 PM.
Old May 01, 2011, 09:22 PM
who has rabbit ears down
Joined Jan 2007
3,586 Posts
Don! at least the brick situation has been stable, yes?
Ed: I'm gonna have to take you over my knee and give ya a swattin!
It was a piercing cold wind today- I did the tail feathers covered (C) and relearning some proper soldering techniques!
More torments later! Johnny
RCG Plus Member
Old May 01, 2011, 10:15 PM
United States, OH, Bradford
Joined Jun 2005
4,020 Posts
Well, the house is still there, and my wife and I still own it, I just don't live in it anymore.

Things will get a little better when she retires from 35 years of teaching at the end of this month, then she can come visit me, which will be a little more flexible than me visiting her. We also just bought her a Prius, which should help with the fuel costs.

For a long list of reasons, some financial (this is NOT the time to be selling real estate in Ohio!), and the biggest ones family related, it will be at least several years, and probably a lot more, before she can move up here with me. Until then we will just have to make do with a "commuter marriage".
Don Stackhouse is online now Find More Posts by Don Stackhouse
Old May 02, 2011, 07:13 AM
Glenwood,GA
Joined Aug 2006
1,071 Posts
That being away from the family is a real bummer. I know all about that one. Had a job as a field rep and was very seldom home. In this day and economy you do what you have to to make ends meet and with the price of gas, it is even harder to do.

Johnny; You can come down here any time you want and get out of all that snow and ice. Lovely flying weather right now. You gotta catch me before you can swatt me though................

That 3M looks fantastic in that one picture I saw of it, but it's a good thing I didn't hold my breath waiting for it. I understand the business of trying to make ends meet in this hobby. Really hard to do with the economy going the way it is now. Hope it gets better for you real soon.

I started putting the doublers on my fuselage last night and should have them ready to go this morning so I can get started on the actual build. I just hope this thing flies as good as it looks..........

Ed
Old May 08, 2011, 07:27 AM
Blueplaidcanard flyer
sdy. ny
Joined May 2007
2,978 Posts
The shirt has been retired,so all those who want a piece of old lucky should pm an addresse to me so I can mail them out.Bob ,Wayne and the capt. yours will be in the mail next week.
rabidrue1 is offline Find More Posts by rabidrue1
Old May 08, 2011, 09:17 AM
The Lone Blue Plaid Flyer
Seattle
Joined Jan 2003
7,586 Posts
Thanks Scottie, I can always use a little more good luck.

Bob in Seattle
Bob Cook is offline Find More Posts by Bob Cook
RCG Plus Member
Old May 09, 2011, 05:28 AM
Who said Kiwi's can't fly!
Hawkes Bay , New Zealand
Joined Feb 2008
900 Posts
Hi All... Nick just saw the photos from your camping trip, beautiful scenery and definately an Autumn hue in the trees.. any trout in the big pond (or more likely Salmon) down in your neck of the woods ...?

I started building a Oly 650 a while back and put up a build thread in the thermal column , somewhere along the way it gained a motor ( mainly because I fly at the local aerodrome and there's no way I can put a high start across the field) anyway its almost done, you can check it out there if you get bored..

Grant.
Grunta5 is offline Find More Posts by Grunta5
Old May 09, 2011, 09:09 AM
Good, fast or cheap, pick two
Napa, California
Joined Jul 2006
2,604 Posts
Well Nick, there you go again making me say that I have got to visit that part of the world someday! What absolutely beautiful country you live in... nice shots too! Every one of those looks like it would make great resource material for a painting or two?! Glad to hear Jayda enjoyed herself, and thanks for posting these.
robh is offline Find More Posts by robh