HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 02, 2012, 01:46 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Pass Christian, MS
Joined Jan 2010
2,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skypan12 View Post
well I will give the ST .10 a try where would be a good place to get one?
Here you go.
Eagle34 is offline Find More Posts by Eagle34
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 03, 2012, 02:08 PM
Rejected User
United States, KY, Berea
Joined Dec 2003
6,641 Posts
Spaz Cap maidem for NUT :rockoncool:

Is no sabre...totally differnt bird! Still loads of fun. KE is much cleaner, snaps are cleaner, climbing flat spins are sweet! But it doesnt tumble or KE spin nearly as well as the Sabre35. Flat spins arent nearly as tight, roller arent as smooth (yet) and it WILL NOT Pinwheel wortha $h!t....yet! Somehow Im not getting the throw I got on my sabre, tho im useing all stock hardware and all the same stuffin from my sabre. This one did come out a bit nose heavy where as the sabre comes out a bit tail heavy so im pulling the gear off next and going for larger control horns on the tail.

It is very enjoyable and smooth! :tu:

Scap maiden (4 min 25 sec)
Mchone, Jake is offline Find More Posts by Mchone, Jake
Old Oct 03, 2012, 03:17 PM
NY Slope Dog
Syracuse, NY
Joined Sep 2003
811 Posts
You don't waste time Jake! Impressive shakedown.
Wind Junkie is offline Find More Posts by Wind Junkie
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 03, 2012, 05:19 PM
Burke, VA
Joined Sep 2009
4,948 Posts
Hmm, on my Scap it does flat spins and pinwheels better than my Sabre and both tumbles and snaps better but only just slightly better than the Sabre. The biggest issue I've had is tucking to the gear in ke, it seems the cg is a little touchier to get just right to correct this. I actually had to add a little weight to the nose to balance it, it wasn't much only 1/8 oz so it didn't bother general flight characteristics. But the real fun difference is how much flippier it is than the Sabre. These differences are very small between the two except for how much better and easier the Sabre does ke, at least these are the differences with my setup.
jetinteriorguy is offline Find More Posts by jetinteriorguy
Old Oct 03, 2012, 06:06 PM
Rejected User
United States, KY, Berea
Joined Dec 2003
6,641 Posts
We've got opposite comparisons. Lol

My KE was perfect right off the bat! I just flew it without the gear and that made a big difference! It now snaps as well, and flat spins as well as the sabre, which always kept its gear on.

It didn't chance ke at all but ballance is now perfect! Rollers are slightly better now and waterfalls and ke spins are better, but not as easy to fall into as the sabre. My scap doesn't have the elevator throw that the sabre had so I've got to fix that. Once I do I'd say the "problems" will likely be "fixed".

My sabre had tons of tai! Tons of throw! The scap looks to have smaller elevators and less throw so once I extend the servo arms I bet it'll be as nasty as my sabre was yet track and " fly" much smoother.
Old Oct 03, 2012, 08:00 PM
Burke, VA
Joined Sep 2009
4,948 Posts
The nice thing is there are just enough differences so that it's worth having both. They are equally enjoyable in their own way.
Old Oct 03, 2012, 08:29 PM
Rejected User
United States, KY, Berea
Joined Dec 2003
6,641 Posts
Yup. Once I get mine lined out i think I'll keep it over the sabre. My next buy is a bouncer after flying them at Nash! Not loose but freaking sweet and smooth and slow. Like a giant fatty, but still a tiny foam flatty!
Old Oct 04, 2012, 04:25 AM
Burke, VA
Joined Sep 2009
4,948 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mchone, Jake View Post
Yup. Once I get mine lined out i think I'll keep it over the sabre. My next buy is a bouncer after flying them at Nash! Not loose but freaking sweet and smooth and slow. Like a giant fatty, but still a tiny foam flatty!
I hear ya on that, I don't have one but have flown a couple. I have over fifty hours of ot on this Friday's paycheck and am thinking I deserve a new plane, but I'm thinking Big Bouncer. I need something a little bigger to keep my bigger planes from getting beat up. I already have a couple of Telink planes in the small Bouncer size and they just don't want to die so I don't have any need for one.
Old Oct 04, 2012, 06:02 AM
Rejected User
United States, KY, Berea
Joined Dec 2003
6,641 Posts
The big one is sweet! It's built EXACTLY the same and its only $150!!
Old Oct 05, 2012, 09:35 AM
Rejected User
United States, KY, Berea
Joined Dec 2003
6,641 Posts
Here is my 2nd flight
Scap 2nd flight.MP4 (4 min 8 sec)

and 3rd
Scap 003.MP4 (3 min 58 sec)
Old Oct 09, 2012, 09:14 AM
ProBro, 3D
United States, FL, The Villages
Joined Jul 2008
946 Posts
I have a SabreX and a Sabre 47 so if they fly anything like those two they should be a winner. I'm looking to get either the Sabre or the Scap to fly in the back yard. I didn't even know the Scap was out until I read this thread. Which one do you guys like the best, or are they about the same, just different covering scheme?

I have a Hacker A30-28 (1140kv, 70g) motor lying around, looks like it might be close to the ST10, what do you think about using the Hacker?

DG
gregory.da is offline Find More Posts by gregory.da
Old Oct 09, 2012, 10:53 AM
Rejected User
United States, KY, Berea
Joined Dec 2003
6,641 Posts
I've had both now and the sabre35 flies better than any other sabre I've flown (all of them ) but the scap is just notch above! After you get a neutral cg and max out the throws to over 50* it does everything better than the sabre...except pinwheels. The sabre's do them within their own length but even thow I have a slightly rearward cg and almost air brake throws it STILL won't do a pinwheel to save its life! But every other maneuver I can do the scap does cleaner. It also holds a line better for more precise maneuvers and KE is silky clean!

You can't go wrong with either! But IMHO the scap is just a bit better...unless you like pinwheels.
Old Oct 09, 2012, 11:17 AM
Burke, VA
Joined Sep 2009
4,948 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mchone, Jake View Post
I've had both now and the sabre35 flies better than any other sabre I've flown (all of them ) but the scap is just notch above! After you get a neutral cg and max out the throws to over 50* it does everything better than the sabre...except pinwheels. The sabre's do them within their own length but even thow I have a slightly rearward cg and almost air brake throws it STILL won't do a pinwheel to save its life! But every other maneuver I can do the scap does cleaner. It also holds a line better for more precise maneuvers and KE is silky clean!

You can't go wrong with either! But IMHO the scap is just a bit better...unless you like pinwheels.
Plus one!
Old Oct 09, 2012, 12:51 PM
Ignint McNugget
behind Jaggi lines
Joined Jan 2004
907 Posts
The Spaz Cap and the Sabre35 have the same wing. The fuses are quite different.

Contrary to other reports here, I think the Sabre has more rudder authority, which I account to the greater fuse side area. I like the KE on the Sabre better. But others have the opposite opinion.

The Sabre35 is my fav plane of all time.

The one thing I loved about the Cap was inverted harrier. The offset elevator on the cap (off of the thrust line) really keeps the elev effective in inverted harrier. Tons of fun.

IMO, you need at least one of each so you can make your own decision.
Rumple is offline Find More Posts by Rumple
Old Oct 09, 2012, 09:10 PM
ProBro, 3D
United States, FL, The Villages
Joined Jul 2008
946 Posts
Thanks guys for the reco's. I just realized I still have a Swanny Fat Free Taco in in the box to build, so I may hold off on the Sabre/Scap. I realize the Sabre/Scap may outperform the Taco (not sure though), but I've got the itch to build something this Winter along with finishing up a few gassers.
gregory.da is offline Find More Posts by gregory.da