HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 25, 2012, 11:44 AM
Alameda, CA
Joined Dec 2006
2,924 Posts
Jake,

Prop's in the mail........along with a new cowl.
sgomes is offline Find More Posts by sgomes
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 25, 2012, 04:06 PM
Burke, VA
Joined Sep 2009
4,994 Posts
Too windy tonight to test the 1170 prop, but I did get one flight on it this morning. Based only on one flight I think I like the 1060 better. I feel the 1170 is just too much, I get better throttle resolution with the 1060. The 1170 is a little harder to tone down for me, although the only problem I had beside the throttle response was flat spins were a little harder. Both props did harrier very nice, hovered nice, but the 1060 was better at flat spins and ke spins.
jetinteriorguy is offline Find More Posts by jetinteriorguy
Old Jun 25, 2012, 04:13 PM
Epoxy & CA Investor
United States, CO, Denver
Joined May 2010
2,608 Posts
so what's the verdict of the 35 vs the 50 sabre? I had a 35" that met its demise a while back. What say ye?
DenverJayhawk is online now Find More Posts by DenverJayhawk
Old Jun 25, 2012, 04:18 PM
Burke, VA
Joined Sep 2009
4,994 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverJayhawk View Post
so what's the verdict of the 35 vs the 50 sabre? I had a 35" that met its demise a while back. What say ye?
Are you talking about the Sabre 51X? If so, I love mine. Or are you talking about the Sabre 47. I also love that one too. Heck, you really can't go wrong on any of them in my experience.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 04:23 PM
Epoxy & CA Investor
United States, CO, Denver
Joined May 2010
2,608 Posts
sorry. I meant the 51 sabre
DenverJayhawk is online now Find More Posts by DenverJayhawk
Old Jun 25, 2012, 05:13 PM
Burke, VA
Joined Sep 2009
4,994 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverJayhawk View Post
sorry. I meant the 51 sabre
I would say the only plane in my fleet I like better than the Sabre-X51 is my EF 60" Edge. Check out the thread, I have posted pretty detailed info there.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 01:59 PM
Rejected User
United States, KY, Berea
Joined Dec 2003
6,677 Posts
I got the 11-7DD Today. Got a pack in and I like it and hate it. It'l just gives awesome thrust!! But the tradition is slow. I could not tell a difference in torque in hovers or harriers but flat spins were near impossible! Especially inverted. But pogos were super easy and looked great as well as rollers in either direction. Ke spins needed work to stay in one but looked good. Waterfalls and pinwheels were much easier and tighter. It tracked strait but did need left ron trim off the bat! If it would only do flat spins this prop would be great! Oddly tho flick turns we're flatter and easier. I'll have to get another pack in and test some more.
Mchone, Jake is offline Find More Posts by Mchone, Jake
Old Jun 27, 2012, 03:04 PM
Shore Huckin'
Ohio
Joined Aug 2010
2,706 Posts
Jake, put an 11 x 4.7 slowflyer and you'll be stoked.;-)
KE Spin is offline Find More Posts by KE Spin
Old Jun 27, 2012, 04:23 PM
Burke, VA
Joined Sep 2009
4,994 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mchone, Jake View Post
I got the 11-7DD Today. Got a pack in and I like it and hate it. It'l just gives awesome thrust!! But the tradition is slow. I could not tell a difference in torque in hovers or harriers but flat spins were near impossible! Especially inverted. But pogos were super easy and looked great as well as rollers in either direction. Ke spins needed work to stay in one but looked good. Waterfalls and pinwheels were much easier and tighter. It tracked strait but did need left ron trim off the bat! If it would only do flat spins this prop would be great! Oddly tho flick turns we're flatter and easier. I'll have to get another pack in and test some more.
Pretty much my feelings on the 1170 as well. Hard to manage the throttle with so much thrust. With the 1060 you just get all the thrust and speed you'll ever need and still retain good throttle resolution. I ordered 10 for my flight box.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 04:37 PM
Rejected User
United States, KY, Berea
Joined Dec 2003
6,677 Posts
I love the power. I'm not overly excited with the total thrust from the 10-6 but the 11-7 limits some maneuvers and makes a couple harder to do.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 05:04 PM
Burke, VA
Joined Sep 2009
4,994 Posts
I think if you fly the 1170 enough to get the feel for it, it would work good. If you can learn to stay light on the throttle it would work great and since it takes very little throttle to do most 3d flying with it you will get great flight times. For me it just seems like I don't have to work so hard at throttle management with the 1060 so I'm going to stick with it. I have also used the 11x4.7 and pretty much didn't care for it for the same reason.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 05:11 PM
Alameda, CA
Joined Dec 2006
2,924 Posts
Good reports, guys. I don't have a fraction of your skills, so I appreciate hearing your reviews.

Btw, my plane won't do any of those things you guys are talking about - I think it's defective!!

Thx

Steve
sgomes is offline Find More Posts by sgomes
Old Jun 27, 2012, 06:12 PM
Burke, VA
Joined Sep 2009
4,994 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgomes View Post
Good reports, guys. I don't have a fraction of your skills, so I appreciate hearing your reviews.

Btw, my plane won't do any of those things you guys are talking about - I think it's defective!!

Thx

Steve
Try a different cowl.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 06:23 PM
Rejected User
United States, KY, Berea
Joined Dec 2003
6,677 Posts
Yeah that cowling gets in the way.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 04:57 PM