SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 21, 2012, 07:05 PM
Team LightRC
United States, KY, Berea
Joined Dec 2003
6,782 Posts
DD is my first choice but it's hard to find some sizes and pitches so I go with SF in that case. Never E style unless I were to build a speed plane, then I would use E because it would be at wot the whole time.
Mchone, Jake is offline Find More Posts by Mchone, Jake
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 21, 2012, 10:16 PM
United States, IN, Dyer
Joined Aug 2011
2 Posts
I tried the DD GWS 8X4 with the Eflite washer and it definitely felt different. Seemed more efficient but less pull out. Just got to get used to. Thanks for the help.
Btown is offline Find More Posts by Btown
Old Jun 22, 2012, 03:39 PM
USA, WY, Cody
Joined Jan 2008
422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mchone, Jake View Post
I love flying in crazy places that shouldnt be flown in. I look every day while im out driving for a place an airplane shouldnt be, lol
lol, you're a lot more adventurous than me! My depth perception sucks compared to yours: I woulda been in the trees 20 times. I did fly at the local park with a concrete skate bowl today, and hovered below in the bowl. Kinda weird hovering with the plane 4'-5' below you...
wyo69cowboy is offline Find More Posts by wyo69cowboy
Old Jun 22, 2012, 04:40 PM
Team LightRC
United States, KY, Berea
Joined Dec 2003
6,782 Posts
Weird but fun and if you watch my vids I was too in the trees abouyt 20 times, lol I just have enough reexes to turn or power out before I get tangled...most of the time.
Old Jun 23, 2012, 12:12 PM
Team LightRC
United States, KY, Berea
Joined Dec 2003
6,782 Posts
Anyone tried this gear on the scap or 35?

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXPJY0&P=ML

I'm sick of the wire gear folding back even on pavement.
Old Jun 23, 2012, 01:57 PM
Alameda, CA
Joined Dec 2006
2,924 Posts
Yeah, the landing gear setup is the worst. There are many options that work better.

I went with one similar to this http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...5pcs_bag_.html ; and just drill a couple of small pilot holes in the bottom of the fuse, ca each hole, and screw it down.

It is actually very sturdy. I have pancaked mine in a few times, but always an easy fix.

Hope this helps.

Steve
sgomes is offline Find More Posts by sgomes
Last edited by sgomes; Jun 23, 2012 at 02:04 PM.
Old Jun 23, 2012, 04:59 PM
Burke, VA
Joined Sep 2009
5,026 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mchone, Jake View Post
Anyone tried this gear on the scap or 35?

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXPJY0&P=ML

I'm sick of the wire gear folding back even on pavement.
This looks interesting, I think they have these at the LHS. Next time I'm there I'm going to check it out.
jetinteriorguy is online now Find More Posts by jetinteriorguy
Old Jun 24, 2012, 01:00 AM
Team LightRC
United States, KY, Berea
Joined Dec 2003
6,782 Posts
Well it turns out these legs are junk. Solid plastic with nothing in them and heavy. Good only for foamies because they can't bare the weight or abuse of this size plane and on a smaller foamy the gear block would likely just break out instead of a leg snapping.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 06:36 AM
Burke, VA
Joined Sep 2009
5,026 Posts
I finally got out and tried the 1060 DD prop last night. This is definitely the way to go. Way better low end response, better vertical, perfect harriers, motor runs cooler and better run time. I will have to readjust my response timing due to the faster throttle response. Pretty much all maneuvers need way less throttle with this prop.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 09:34 AM
Alameda, CA
Joined Dec 2006
2,924 Posts
Yeah, I tried the 11x7DD and thought the same about it. If you guys get a chance to try one, I would be interested in your's and Jake's opinion as to which is better.

Thx.

Steve
Old Jun 24, 2012, 10:11 AM
Team LightRC
United States, KY, Berea
Joined Dec 2003
6,782 Posts
Send me one and I'll try it
Old Jun 24, 2012, 01:51 PM
Alameda, CA
Joined Dec 2006
2,924 Posts
PM me a mailing addy.

Steve
Old Jun 24, 2012, 04:11 PM
Burke, VA
Joined Sep 2009
5,026 Posts
I had an 1170 with me but I dorked the Sabre one too many times before I could try it. No major damage, the fuse just cracked in a couple of places at the back of the wing. I decided today was a Sabre day, so I took all three of them. Unfortunately only one made it home intact. Beside cracking the fuse I banged the gear plate up on a cockeyed landing with the X51. Again nothing major, just reinjured the repair from my previous crash, it's already repaired and raring to go. For now I'm going to fly the Scap until I get the baby Sabre fixed. For once the 47" Sabre escaped injury.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 07:31 PM
Team LightRC
United States, KY, Berea
Joined Dec 2003
6,782 Posts
My 47 lasted two whole flights at LouisBro but my 35 is still going strong. I beat the heck out of it today but only broke the bottom rudder hinge and I'm not even sure how I did that coz the rudder never had a hard impact, just the nose and tips but maybe it was weak already.

Steve is sending the 11-7DD so I'm not going to fly it again untill I get the prop just incase coz I don't want to kill it before then and not have a plane to test it on fit Steve.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 05:54 AM
Burke, VA
Joined Sep 2009
5,026 Posts
I did manage to get the baby Sabre fixed last night, so I'm going to try the 1170 tonight if I don't have to work late. The Sabre was damaged a little worse than I thought. The upper cf piece was cracked as well as the wood part, so I had to open up a little more of the covering and glue in a couple of cf rods as extra reenforcing.