HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 21, 2009, 05:52 PM
ProBro Wulf
Joined Oct 2006
249 Posts
I just checked he doesn't have the servos or the props up yet.

You try putting your ailerons on a mix to raise them 3/4 inch to do 1 handed flat spins yet? Fun stuff.
Wulf_Flieger is offline Find More Posts by Wulf_Flieger
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 21, 2009, 08:17 PM
ProBro Spaz
Buffalo, NY
Joined Aug 2004
946 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wulf_Flieger
I just checked he doesn't have the servos or the props up yet.

You try putting your ailerons on a mix to raise them 3/4 inch to do 1 handed flat spins yet? Fun stuff.

no i have not.. so you reflex them up 3/4" and all you need is rudder?
spastic is online now Find More Posts by spastic
Old Apr 21, 2009, 08:54 PM
ProBro Wulf
Joined Oct 2006
249 Posts
Ya full rudder and 3/4 to full throttle. Its a slowly descending flat spin but gives you a chance to scratch yer nuts or take a drag on a ciggy while you do it. Lotta fun.

Actual measurement is 3/4 inch to top of trailing edge of aileron from the top of the servo tunnel. I found it out by mistake but liked it so threw it on a mix switch.
Old Apr 21, 2009, 08:58 PM
ProBro Spaz
Buffalo, NY
Joined Aug 2004
946 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wulf_Flieger
Ya full rudder and 3/4 to full throttle. Its a slowly descending flat spin but gives you a chance to scratch yer nuts or take a drag on a ciggy while you do it. Lotta fun.

Actual measurement is 3/4 inch to top of trailing edge of aileron from the top of the servo tunnel. I found it out by mistake but liked it so threw it on a mix switch.

the servo tunnel is maybe 1/2" below the rons so its only maybe 1/4" up from level? you talking sabre of cap?
Old Apr 21, 2009, 10:29 PM
ProBro Wulf
Joined Oct 2006
249 Posts
The Cap. I'm at work right now but it is 3/4 of an inch above the tunnel. Heres a link I posted a photo take a look, middle of the page. http://www.theprofilebrotherhood.com...0165&start=400
Old Apr 22, 2009, 08:58 AM
ProBro Spaz
Buffalo, NY
Joined Aug 2004
946 Posts
Ok right, you are about 1/4" above where they should be all the time i think.. i'll have to measure mine.. BTW on that post how did you get those thrust numbers? every time i measure it the ep10x6 (they call them EP not HD now right?) and 10x3.8 (or 4.7) the thrust is about the same but the amps are 1-2amps more for the apc?
Old May 14, 2009, 10:12 PM
ProBro Wulf
Joined Oct 2006
249 Posts
Not a Sabre but a Spaz design same series plane. Here's a short video of me flying my Scap and 3DRookie flying his Primo 15 trying to decapitate the stupid little foam doll that rides around on my plane. Long long story about the doll.

Scapping Around (4 min 13 sec)
Old Dec 05, 2009, 04:51 PM
ProBro Spaz
Buffalo, NY
Joined Aug 2004
946 Posts
BTW the Sabre35 and Cap35, have just had a price drop to $59.99!
Old Jan 16, 2010, 03:18 PM
Pile it in!
Kalamazoo Mi
Joined Sep 2009
366 Posts
Has anyone successfully used nylon gear HS55 servos in this plane without any problems?

I like this plane but i do not want to spend 100.00 for 4 servos. I also do not want to use nylon servos and crash because i was cheap.

Please help.
Dannyrevs is offline Find More Posts by Dannyrevs
Old Jan 16, 2010, 10:00 PM
ProBro Spaz
Buffalo, NY
Joined Aug 2004
946 Posts
they will fly it just fine, setup your linkages so you have at the most 40deg each way with the max travel setup at the tx.. also valuehobby.com has some cheap MG servos, any of the 9 to 13 gram servos can be made to fit
Old Jan 18, 2010, 10:02 PM
Pile it in!
Kalamazoo Mi
Joined Sep 2009
366 Posts
Would you consider this a good 3D trainer? Or is it more post 3D training phase?
Old Jan 18, 2010, 10:30 PM
ProBro 3dRookie ;)
Thornton, CO
Joined Sep 2008
1,466 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannyrevs View Post
Has anyone successfully used nylon gear HS55 servos in this plane without any problems?

I like this plane but i do not want to spend 100.00 for 4 servos. I also do not want to use nylon servos and crash because i was cheap.

Please help.
You would be ok with them if you follow Spaz's advice on the setup.

If I were you I'd look into the Valuehobby MG mini servos, there much cheaper and I've been flying them with great success in a much larger and heavier EPP foam plane.

As far as the 3D trainer thing,... Profiles are the way to go on that. Reason being that on low rates they tend to be more docile than most planes, then on high rates they just blow your mind!

Add to that the post crash fixes on a Profile plane are much easier than on a fattie and your looking at a good trainer.

Vid of the maiden flight on Nytprowlers Sabre from a while back
Sabre 35 Maiden (5 min 58 sec)
3dRookie is offline Find More Posts by 3dRookie
Old Jan 18, 2010, 11:10 PM
ProBro Spaz
Buffalo, NY
Joined Aug 2004
946 Posts
put 1/4oz weight on the wing tip opposite the battery side and waterfalls will be nice and strait
Old Jan 18, 2010, 11:53 PM
Pile it in!
Kalamazoo Mi
Joined Sep 2009
366 Posts
Damn that thing is sick! Im just afraid to break it lol.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 12:13 AM
Pile it in!
Kalamazoo Mi
Joined Sep 2009
366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dRookie View Post
You would be ok with them if you follow Spaz's advice on the setup.

If I were you I'd look into the Valuehobby MG mini servos, there much cheaper and I've been flying them with great success in a much larger and heavier EPP foam plane.

As far as the 3D trainer thing,... Profiles are the way to go on that. Reason being that on low rates they tend to be more docile than most planes, then on high rates they just blow your mind!

Add to that the post crash fixes on a Profile plane are much easier than on a fattie and your looking at a good trainer.

Vid of the maiden flight on Nytprowlers Sabre from a while back
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHv6fYn3WII
http://www.valuehobby.com/product_de...16&item_id=151 Are these the cheap MG servos you are talking about?