SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
Old Nov 05, 2010, 11:20 AM
Sweden
Joined Jan 2010
567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by victapilot View Post
Yeah, the fin keeps the tail off the ground, I was asking about the horizontal stab. Seems no beneficial aerodynamic effect, but the main blades blow propwash down on it, so might be better without it.
They're also fairly tiny, so yeah I would say they have no effect basically.
sandos is offline Find More Posts by sandos
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 05, 2010, 02:18 PM
Just thumbing through...
United States, SC, Simpsonville
Joined Feb 2009
4,478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandos View Post
I agree - funny that even the bigger helis have them as far as I know
victapilot is offline Find More Posts by victapilot
Old Nov 05, 2010, 02:20 PM
master of the universe
USA, CA, Novato
Joined Jul 2008
3,076 Posts
sometimes i think the same of the boom stabilizer rods.
captaingeek is offline Find More Posts by captaingeek
Old Nov 05, 2010, 02:22 PM
UK
Joined May 2007
3,204 Posts
Quick question - I've just got HK450Pro (belt version)... Is there anything I need to know - which parts must be replaced with original Align parts?
clicky is offline Find More Posts by clicky
Old Nov 05, 2010, 02:49 PM
Howdie Doo Dat ?
Pleasant Valley Modelport
Joined Sep 2006
8,985 Posts
The thread needs a sticky for that.
Chophop is offline Find More Posts by Chophop
Old Nov 05, 2010, 03:13 PM
master of the universe
USA, CA, Novato
Joined Jul 2008
3,076 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clicky View Post
Quick question - I've just got HK450Pro (belt version)... Is there anything I need to know - which parts must be replaced with original Align parts?
about 40 flights nothing replaced yet. have a hankering for shaft drive though. make sure to locktite the tail shaft bolts in nice and tight.
captaingeek is offline Find More Posts by captaingeek
Old Nov 05, 2010, 04:07 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,470 Posts
Quote:
I have one and the stock parts are working great. My main shaft was bent from day one but other than that its solid. It has about 100 flights on it from me and my brother
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic
Old Nov 05, 2010, 04:44 PM
Fix, Fix, Fly, Fix, Fix, Fly
Colorado
Joined Apr 2009
635 Posts
Does anyone know if a Tarot 450 main gear will fit in an HK 450? I assume it will since they are both 90%+ compatible with the Align 450 but I just thought I would check.

Thanks,
Ethan
mountainsax is offline Find More Posts by mountainsax
Old Nov 05, 2010, 04:57 PM
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
Latvia, Ventspils pilsēta, Ventspils
Joined Jan 2010
9,129 Posts
Quote:
Why ? I have a clone 450 and it is Align compatible .. but why pay out such money when the clone parts do the job at far less cost ?

OK - if you are serious about 3D and high stress flying - but then you wouldn't buy a cheap clone would you ?

My idea is to replace with cheap clone parts while crashing and learning. Later if Align part is actually better, one-way shaft I know is, then I will fit it then when my flying is more proficient and worthy of spending the extra on.
solentlife is online now Find More Posts by solentlife
Old Nov 05, 2010, 05:01 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainsax View Post
Does anyone know if a Tarot 450 main gear will fit in an HK 450? I assume it will since they are both 90%+ compatible with the Align 450 but I just thought I would check.

Thanks,
Ethan
All the main gears are the same
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic
Old Nov 05, 2010, 05:04 PM
Fix, Fix, Fly, Fix, Fix, Fly
Colorado
Joined Apr 2009
635 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic View Post
All the main gears are the same
Thanks!
mountainsax is offline Find More Posts by mountainsax
Old Nov 05, 2010, 05:16 PM
Yes, I know it's upside down.
Sydney, Australia
Joined Dec 2008
3,315 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandos View Post
Actually, I'm guesssing the boom would have more stabilising effect than the 'stabilisers', evening out the effect of the canopy out front a little.
Harrow is online now Find More Posts by Harrow
Old Nov 05, 2010, 05:18 PM
Howdie Doo Dat ?
Pleasant Valley Modelport
Joined Sep 2006
8,985 Posts
On the old FP's it could be trimmed to compensate the awful nose up problem they have a fast forward speeds. Most had sloppy cyclics and a coned rotor track. It took a lot of down stick after they got going.
Chophop is offline Find More Posts by Chophop
Old Nov 06, 2010, 04:12 PM
Stinger!
USA, TX, Boyd
Joined Sep 2009
361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by radialarm View Post
I got a HK450V2 recently and have a bad vibration problem. The heli would spin around from the vibration during spin up, and got a lot worse (a full 360). I'm pretty sure I've got the Gyro dialed in (no tail wag and rock steady after spin up). I've got a warped rotor blade for sure (almost 1/4 " about 1/3 of the way from the root). I don't know if that was part of the problem, but I also found that my main shaft is bent slightly. I'm guessing it came that way as it has only been about 12" off the ground and landed on the skids. I've tried different tensions on the motor and belt to no avail. I've balanced the blades to finless's specs too. I've got some main shafts and CF blades ordered. They should be in this week. I hope that takes care of it.
I got my CF blades and my main shafts today. Man, CF blades are nice. Tracking is perfect, and the vibration issue is gone. The shafts I got at hobbypartz were a little longer than the HK, but the holes were the same. I did have to take a little off the top with a cutoff wheel so the head would fit.
radialarm is offline Find More Posts by radialarm
Old Nov 06, 2010, 05:38 PM
Sweden
Joined Jan 2010
567 Posts
Quote:
I had a bent tail-shaft which I found out today by luck. I went rummaging through my parts-drawer and I found 3 more shafts, of which 2 were bent!

I actually probably never realized they were bent, think I will throw these away so as not to use them again.
sandos is offline Find More Posts by sandos
Closed Thread