Closed Thread
Old Nov 04, 2010, 08:35 PM
AMA # 949551
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Oct 2009
2,194 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic k2 View Post
Sorry dude no cam and even if i had its just raining the whole time oh im not a master in the sim either lol

It IS the UK afterall!

You will enjoy my vid above. Lake October, Treasure Island Florida beach flyin'. Eat yer heart out

b
rikybob is offline Find More Posts by rikybob
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 04, 2010, 08:40 PM
No Longer Active
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic k2 View Post
Sorry dude no cam and even if i had its just raining the whole time oh im not a master in the sim either lol
MK: you're better than me!! atleast you can nose in hover. I know what you are thinking, have I been practicing. Well sort of. It's very hard. I ended up learning tail down funnels instead. I know, I know. Be one with the bird. lol
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Old Nov 04, 2010, 09:38 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,466 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post
losi: put an end to this. buy it, tells us what you think. lol. Put it to the same tests as tareq did to the spartan. HK is deleting the bad reviews.
I am getting one but I am buying 2 new planes and a futaba 10CG radio at the moment. I have to have a better gyro on the HK(the dectrum isnt doing it for me) Once I get it I will put it on the align(where I have the quark and do a head to head) I will give it the best I can and let a friend give it a hard core 3D work out. I will let you know how it goes. I just have to see how my finances are(The Company I worked for just went out of business so I am jobless at the moment)
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic
Old Nov 04, 2010, 09:43 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,466 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post
MK: you're better than me!! atleast you can nose in hover. I know what you are thinking, have I been practicing. Well sort of. It's very hard. I ended up learning tail down funnels instead. I know, I know. Be one with the bird. lol
You would be proud of me. I downloaded clearview and flew some helis on it. They are very easy to fly. I had them down on the ground inverted and flipping all over the place. I let the kids play on it for a bit too(my son started flying the planes pretty good)

Funnels I can do around myself but not out in front of me the whole time?? I'm sure I will get it. As soon as it goes bottom to wards me I somehow over compensate pushing the heli inverted
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic
Old Nov 04, 2010, 11:23 PM
Just thumbing through...
United States, SC, Simpsonville
Joined Feb 2009
4,446 Posts
Can anyone tell me if the horizontal stabilizer does anything (apart from retaining the boom strut clamp)?

Seems they come in various shapes and sizes

Thanks!
victapilot is offline Find More Posts by victapilot
Old Nov 04, 2010, 11:39 PM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Jul 2007
42 Posts
Hey guys, I just received my MINI ONE gyro and have flown 6 packs through it now.
Gotta say its awesome for 70 bucks! Makes the hobby king 401 seem like a paperweight!
Keep in mind the only other gyro I've flown was an align in my mates raptor 30 and I can
only do sport flying, loops, rolls etc... oh and inverted hovers.

Check out alishanmao's youtube video's, he has 3 videos with the mini one on a 550.
RG2000 is online now Find More Posts by RG2000
Old Nov 05, 2010, 02:25 AM
Yes, I know it's upside down.
Sydney, Australia
Joined Dec 2008
3,310 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by victapilot View Post
Can anyone tell me if the horizontal stabilizer does anything (apart from retaining the boom strut clamp)?

Seems they come in various shapes and sizes

Thanks!
The tail rotor itself works as a vertical stabiliser when the gyro is in rate mode, but the actual stabilisers themselves do next to nothing. Choose one that you like the look of, or that you think might make the heli easier to see in the sky.
Harrow is offline Find More Posts by Harrow
Old Nov 05, 2010, 09:37 AM
S.A.D. member
United States, TX, Round Rock
Joined Dec 2004
9,498 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrow View Post
The tail rotor itself works as a vertical stabiliser when the gyro is in rate mode, but the actual stabilisers themselves do next to nothing. Choose one that you like the look of, or that you think might make the heli easier to see in the sky.
Alright, remove the fin, fly your heli, then come back here and tell us it does nothing... or more likely you had to change tail blades and or gears.

ivanc is offline Find More Posts by ivanc
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 05, 2010, 10:00 AM
UK, North Down, Bangor
Joined Nov 2009
1,593 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanc View Post
Alright, remove the fin, fly your heli, then come back here and tell us it does nothing... or more likely you had to change tail blades and or gears.

The 3D style fins with holes cut through them probably do very little.

If you like flying in rate mode, put a sticker over the holes, then any time you have side slip the fin will push the tail straight, turning the heli and killing side slip.... or at least helping to.
venquessa is offline Find More Posts by venquessa
Old Nov 05, 2010, 10:04 AM
AMA# 548800
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
5,174 Posts
check out this mini you gotta get one its a blast
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo
Old Nov 05, 2010, 10:40 AM
S.A.D. member
Joined Dec 2004
9,498 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by venquessa View Post
The 3D style fins with holes cut through them probably do very little.
. . .
I guess you didn't get the humor in my post. The fin has a very important job - protect your tail blades from ground strikes.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 05, 2010, 10:51 AM
Sweden
Joined Jan 2010
567 Posts
Quote:
I guess you didn't get the humor in my post. The fin has a very important job - protect your tail blades from ground strikes.
I flew with my fin with only one screw in it, meaning it most of the time lay horizontally straight back. Wow I did a lot of tail strikes that day

Good thing I didn't have TT and a fairly loose belt.
sandos is offline Find More Posts by sandos
Old Nov 05, 2010, 11:06 AM
S.A.D. member
Joined Dec 2004
9,498 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandos View Post
I flew with my fin with only one screw in it, meaning it most of the time lay horizontally straight back. Wow I did a lot of tail strikes that day

Good thing I didn't have TT and a fairly loose belt.
I guess you never come in for a landing nose high and dragging the tail on the ground.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 05, 2010, 11:07 AM
Just thumbing through...
United States, SC, Simpsonville
Joined Feb 2009
4,446 Posts
Yeah, the fin keeps the tail off the ground, I was asking about the horizontal stab. Seems no beneficial aerodynamic effect, but the main blades blow propwash down on it, so might be better without it.
victapilot is offline Find More Posts by victapilot
Old Nov 05, 2010, 11:08 AM
Sweden
Joined Jan 2010
567 Posts
Quote:
I guess you never come in for a landing nose high and dragging the tail on the ground.
Cant imagine that works well even with a properly seated fin? If so, video of it please
sandos is offline Find More Posts by sandos
Closed Thread