Closed Thread
Old Nov 03, 2010, 07:25 PM
master of the universe
USA, CA, Novato
Joined Jul 2008
3,077 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post
It's weird for me. I've gone through to many blades for hovering too low. But I see it, if i can hover low, with tail in, I don't see any reason why i can't do it nose in. I can do sides, it's only nose in i tend to it as a challenge.
you should practice fixed wing flying. i found it helped me a lot of figuring out nosed in / orientating. that, lots of practice, and brass.
captaingeek is offline Find More Posts by captaingeek
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 03, 2010, 07:29 PM
Things that do fly
In my house ;-) The uk
Joined Dec 2008
2,708 Posts
Im not too bad at nose in inverted but i cant do tail in inverted,,,oh well i dont like to look at the back end of the heli anyhoo
Magic k2 is offline Find More Posts by Magic k2
Old Nov 03, 2010, 07:30 PM
No Longer Active
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic k2 View Post
I fly both and have no probs ,,the planes are the best because you can do the maiden and then not have to play with setups or rebuilds for years after,fly and park up n give it a dust every few flights ialso have a hang glider that i havnt flown in a while so i gotta get that out when the weather lets me,,now that thing is a cool ride
I thought it was cars, but that makes sense. I don't know I started with this hobby, only started to take it seriously in the last couple of months. I probably should of taken up planes. I gotta keep it simple and stick to my helis
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Old Nov 03, 2010, 07:35 PM
Things that do fly
In my house ;-) The uk
Joined Dec 2008
2,708 Posts
Quote:
I thought it was cars, but that makes sense. I don't know I started with this hobby, only started to take it seriously in the last couple of months. I probably should of taken up planes. I gotta keep it simple and stick to my helis
You should get one of those easystar type foam planes they are very popular and have pusher prop mounted out of the way of harm so easy to land also,you will enjoy it,,i only wandered into heli when playing phoenix for plane practice,,,heli crack good job its not on the streets
Old Nov 03, 2010, 07:35 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,406 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaingeek View Post
you should practice fixed wing flying. i found it helped me a lot of figuring out nosed in / orientating. that, lots of practice, and brass.
My 3D plane flying really helped me out flying helis. By 9 flights I was doing loops and flips in all directions, 12 fligths I was doing figure 8s. I had the slick movement down already and I knew the radio too. Though I think it still would have helped if I just flew sport planes but I think that flying 3D with the planes helped out tremendously.
losifanatic is online now Find More Posts by losifanatic
Old Nov 03, 2010, 07:36 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
CG: That could be it, most of you guys here have fixed wing experience. I mean have you seen losi hover a cesna? I never knew that was possible!
Old Nov 03, 2010, 07:38 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic View Post
My 3D plane flying really helped me out flying helis. By 9 flights I was doing loops and flips in all directions, 12 fligths I was doing figure 8s. I had the slick movement down already and I knew the radio too. Though I think it still would have helped if I just flew sport planes but I think that flying 3D with the planes helped out tremendously.
losi: be honest, do you think that your fixed wing experience gave you an advantage
Old Nov 03, 2010, 07:39 PM
Things that do fly
In my house ;-) The uk
Joined Dec 2008
2,708 Posts
Quote:
CG: That could be it, most of you guys here have fixed wing experience. I mean have you seen losi hover a cesna? I never knew that was possible!
with planes its just add power and change the cg if you need sometimes,have a go in phoenix,,the cub is nice to fly ,just up the power on it first,.
Old Nov 03, 2010, 07:39 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
I'm not going to planes, sorry guys. This heli hobby is a handful as it is!! lol
Old Nov 03, 2010, 07:41 PM
Things that do fly
In my house ;-) The uk
Joined Dec 2008
2,708 Posts
after you take off with a heli and then go to forward flight it is just like a plane to fly really,same stick inputs
Old Nov 03, 2010, 07:51 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
losi: seriously dude after 4 packs, you were good to go on nose in hover? You must be pulling my leg. No way someone can learn nose in hover after 4 packs. cmon man
Old Nov 03, 2010, 07:52 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
MK: I'm going back to the sim now. can you believe it 4 packs? bbl
Old Nov 03, 2010, 07:56 PM
AMA# 548800
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
4,874 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic k2 View Post
after you take off with a heli and then go to forward flight it is just like a plane to fly really,same stick inputs
not really , with a plane you could let off the sticks and it will go strait , not so with a heli . trust me i know
jombo is online now Find More Posts by jombo
Old Nov 03, 2010, 08:00 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
Joined Oct 2007
16,406 Posts
Quote:
losi: seriously dude after 4 packs, you were good to go on nose in hover? You must be pulling my leg. No way someone can learn nose in hover after 4 packs. cmon man
Serious. No kidding. My brother was blown away too but was there to see it happen
Old Nov 03, 2010, 08:03 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
Joined Oct 2007
16,406 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jombo View Post
not really , with a plane you could let off the sticks and it will go strait , not so with a heli . trust me i know
Flying a plane and a heli is different. It was just that one helps the others as you are comfertable with the the radio, stick movements, and the ability to react correctly/ not over react
Closed Thread